z

Young Writers Society

Divine Chaos

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:59 am
Incognito says...

King Tarvos | The Asyran Keep; Consultation Parlor

Relief flooded through him, replacing the feeling of anger and frustration. At last, he had it in his hands. Tarvos looked down on this small, stick of a man. He had a friendly enough face, young and gently embellished with freckles. He did not recognize him.

"Announce yourself to your king," Tarvos spoke solidly.

"My name is Sinclair Porter, your Excellency. I am an apprentice to your High Summoner." The frail man fell to his knee awkwardly. He was most likely raised far from court. Tarvos did not mind though, he was more curious about this man's abilities.

"And what has Allister been teaching you?"

"Mainly Summoning, your Excellency."

"I see," Tarvos spoke his voice grim. Suddenly, his mind was wracked with darkness, the sliver of who he once was was shrouded out and pushed farther back in the expanse of his mind. Quiet laughter started to escaped his lips, slowly growing louder. Vritra had taken full possession once more.

"Come back to me after your studies later today," the words were spoken in a lower pitch, they resonated power. "I may have a use for you, that your master should not know about."

The boy seemed scared, at the sudden change in the aura of the man, same did the two royal offspring. Vritra laughed again, loving the feeling of being encompassed by flesh and blood.

"You are all dismissed." Tarvos spoke, the presence of Vritra fading. "Tell your master, I wish to speak to him about his findings."

-----------------

~Incognito
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:20 am
Dreamwalker says...

Aliaena - Asyran Keep:

"I am not finished speaking!" I stammered, banging my fists roughly against the table. "You know what I am about to say father. I can see it in your face."

"And you really think it matters?"

"I've made my choice," I hissed. "His life is mine, father. I will not watch him die."

"Traitorous wench," he replied simply. "Get out."

I made no move to leave.

"Get out!" His whole face lit with anger. An anger so piercing and so frightening, I could not hold my ground for much longer. No... I had to get out of here and now. I had to wait till he calmed down... to deliberate! Yes, I just needed some sort of plan...

"Aliaena," Tanith murmured, his hand pressing against my forearm. "Come on. There is nothing left to say."

"There is so much I wish to say," I replied softly. "Yet... yet I know that you are correct."

I would go then. I would go to the dungeons below the castle and speak with Prince Alex exclusively. This wouldn't be the end. Not now. Not ever. I was an untamed horse, and father was about to be kicked.
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:50 am
sylverdawn says...

*Could someone please interact with my character already?*
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:41 am
Synnoev says...

I'm waiting for the other members of the travelling group too :(

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:21 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sorry guys. I've been busy cleaning and sorting my room/stuff for when I move. I'll try to post now, but it'll be really short.

Du'an | Kathryás - Caravans:

"I"m going to go check on it," I muttered, slipping out of the caravan and into the stormy night. I ignored the grumbling from the others and dropped to the ground, brushing already soaked hair out of my face.

"Du'an, you're crazy," someone from the caravan called. I smirked. Harold, ever the man to try and make me angry.

"Shut up," I shot back and walked around the edge of the caravans. I didn't hear the reply over the wind and rain. Shrugging, I turned around once. I stopped dead when I saw the new stand of trees that had not been there when we stopped. What in the name of the gods was that?

Cautiously, I made my over there and right up to one of the trees. I frowned. It looked like it had been there for years, instead of moments. I shifted to the side a bit and froze when my bare foot met flesh. Startled, I looked down to see a man laying there, just as soaked as me.

"What in the..." I crouched down and pressed my palm against his check, then his neck and finally over is mouth. He was alive and seemed uninjured. Knowing I probably shouldn't do anything, I picked him up and carried him back towards the caravan.
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:05 pm
sylverdawn says...

*This will be short, I can't really think of anything. Saukko's a scholar so wouldn't he recognize the signs of a discharge from a power well and know what Saythe is right?*

Saythe:

Saythe came to in a rush. But not by a flicker of an eye or a change of breath did he give himself away. He heard whispering above him as people argued back and forth.

"What happened out there Du'an? Who is this guy, where did he come from?" One of the voices asked.

"I'm as clueless as you Harold." A second voice snapped, Du'an Saythe assumed. "I found him lying unconscious in a grove of trees. Trees I might add that weren't there when we made camp but look like they're decades, if not centuries old." Du'an sounded shocked and just a little paniced at that. Saythe didn't blame the guy, whoever he was. Honestly he'd been shocked himself the first time he'd poured power into the earth.

"Could you explain that in a bit more detail." A third man's voice came out in a strangled whisper, and Saythe's hopes plummeted. He knew that tone of voice; shocked, awed, and a little bit scared, it was the voice of someone who knew, or at least guessed, what Saythe was.

novel.php?id=1157

66 Reviews

Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 pm
sylverdawn says...

*Could someone post already? Or is this thing already dead?*

novel.php?id=1157

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:16 am
ScarlettFire says...

Sorry Sylver. I've been busy and there was an emergency the other night. I didn't even think to check this. Posting now, though.... I hope. Probably short though.

Du'an | Kathryás - Caravans:

I glared at the scholar. "Saukko!" I hissed, eyes narrowed. "How do we know he hasn't come to already?"

The scholar cringed and pulled his blanket up over his head. "We don't," was the muffled reply.

I shook my head and turned back to Harold. I'd laid the stranger down on my bedding and sat next to him with Harold crouched beside me. Joe was perched on the edge of the caravan opposite us, eyes on the still figure between him and Harold and I.

"Well," Harold muttered. "What do we do now?"
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

66 Reviews

Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:02 pm
SisterItaly says...

Joe

I sat away from everyone, and was inexplicably shy. I wasn't used to having to change in front of the guys, usually we all just changed in the nearby forest.

So, Joanna. What do we do about him?

I glared hard at my brother and reach for the dagger on my still sopping wet clothes. I still refused to change, and I could feel the chill running down my back. I knew I needed to change, or I'd get sick. But with all the guys around... who knows if I'd get caught. I wondered how the girls were doing...

He doesn't look threatening. Lay him down somewhere and keep an eye on him.

I gripped at my bandages, which were ripping slowly. The wind had died down outside, I needed to fix these before my ladyness sprung out of my shirt and smacked someone in the face.

"I'm going outside." I said plainly in my man's voice before pushing past the others and going out into the rain.

*short, sue me*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:29 am
Camulaeus says...

Hey I'm sorry but I can't do his anymore: got a bad term grade and parents are cracking down on my schooling.
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

Between living and dreaming there is a third thing. Guess it.
— Antonio Machado