z

Young Writers Society

Two Spirits, One goal[accepting]

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:50 am
Redfang18 says...

Axelos Firetongue

The barking of a wolf woke me up from my sleep. I got out of my bed and started down the stairs. Someone was in my house. I growled darkly, "You get out of my house or I'll-" Suddenly I stopped when I saw a young man on the floor. He was muscular with dark hair and green eyes. I almost went crazy at the sight of him. I composed myself quickly.
The young man stared at me.
I said darkly, "If you're here because you're in trouble, don't think I'm merciful enough to let you stay for a week. You better be out of my house before the sun goes down tomorrow. If you don't, I will not hesitate to kick you out."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:31 am
Sapi says...

Attra

"What is it, Rraka?" I ask my companion.

"Danger. Man. In. House. Door. There." he responds, lifting a paw to indicate a drab brown door farther down the cold, dark tunnel of rock.

I consider my options. I will not want to reveal myself, but who will glance twice at a little mouse?

"Siki, I say, "Run into that house and tell me who is in there and whether they are friend or foe. Quickly now!"

As my best friend scurries along the grey rock, I fold myself against a rock wall, immersing myself in shadows. Almost instantly, the great white wolf follows me, and we wait silently for what seems like forever.
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:32 pm
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I slump down by the door and get ready to spend the night there. I'm not worried about being gone before the sun goes down. I probably won't be there when the sun comes up. I pull a hunk of bread with a smear of peanut butter for a little snack. I see a mouse in the corner, and I hold out some peanut butter for it. It comes over, sniffs the peanut butter, then nibbles it. I smile, its whiskers are ticklish. Once the mouse is finished, it scurries off, and I drift into a light sleep.
Last edited by tgirly on Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:07 pm
Betheny says...

Name: Juhani
Good half or bad half?: Good
Age(14-20): Fourteen
Appearance: (At bottom of page) Always wears a silver necklace:
Spoiler! :
http://ak2.ostkcdn.com/images/products/3/P11307322.jpg

Strong points: Intelligent, graceful/fast moving
Weaknesses: Physically weak, easily over powered in groups
Personality: She is very quite and shy as well as innocent.
History(optional): Juhani has a very dark past and it is something she would rather forget. She was brought by the bad version of her parents until she ran way into the forest aged nine. Since then she has become very independent but has lost her connection with society, so finds it difficult to be around other people. Also, she has a slight paranoia that everone else are actually 'bad versions'.
Up for love?: Yes, maybe. She dosen't really know
Other: She has a pet northern saw-whet owl called Athena
Other half appearance:(At bottom of page)
Attachments
Character board.png
Character board.png (441.95 KiB) Viewed 176 times
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

28 Reviews

Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:02 pm
Betheny says...

Juhani

I stood at the very edge of the forest, staring at the dividing wall. On the other side of that wall was my other half, and with them I could escape this world. I'd spent too long looking for her to not find her now. I only hope Athena could come with me, I turned to see her glide through the night onto my shoulder. Was there a forest on the other side? Was there a forest where we'd go if I found her? I don't know. I pressed myself against the wall hoping it would let me through, and it did. It spewed me into dark and stinking alleys. Athena shook her head in dizzyness, and it was all I could do not to collapse myself.
"Where now then?" I whispered into the night. The streets were dark and empty, from what I could remember no-one went out after night. Causiously I set out, but when I rounded a cornor I stoped dead in my trackes. One thing I'd learnt in the forest was that wolves are dangerous creatures. I could feel Athena's tiny claws digging into my shoulder while I stared at the white wolf pressed into the shadows.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

117 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:45 pm
Sapi says...

Attra

I began to worry. Siki was not back yet, and the dawn was not far away, I could tell. I couldn't stay hidden for long.

Suddenly, Rraka nudged me harshly, keeping his pale eyes trained on a something ahead. I looked up to see a lone figure standing motionless in an alley not fifteen feet away. I caught my breath.

She looked to be about my age, and as uncomfortable in this strange land of metal as I was. Fortunately, she had not noticed me, as she had her huge eyes fixed on the great white wolf beside me. I could almost laugh. She would be easy kill, seeing as the frightened look in her eyes and the puny owl on her shoulder did not give much of the impression of a fighter, at least not up against me.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:11 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬ I aplogise now for my small post. I am soooooo sorry.

I ducked behind the tree, and stepped into the city. I watched the people hurry towards there houses, fleeing the dark.

I turned around, and walked head first into a boy.

"Hey, watch it!" I said, standing up. I held out my hand to help him up. "I'm Arwen,"

^^ That can be any boy (; ^^
Signature Pending

28 Reviews

Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:49 pm
Betheny says...

Juhani

There was slight movement in the shadows that caught my periferal vision. A body. A human? I kept my eyes trained on the wolf though. Quietly I started to click my tongue and makke faint growly type sounds at the wolf hopeing it would still understand a wild language. It cocked it's head to one side in response, smiling I crouched down to the ground with Athena fluttering nervously at my shoulder. Then a girl detached herself from the shadows beside the wolf. Oh crap! I thought. Her wolf. Her tame wolf! Panic blurred my thoughts, all that got through to me was a natural instinct that I fought with every part of me. Run! Run away, back to the forest! Back home... But I couldn't run, I had to find my other half. If I had to run the only way to go was past the wolf, past the girl. Quickly I glanced round, walls of metal? Would I be able to scale their heights the way I could trees in the forest? I just prayed to whoever might listen that I could run fast enough.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:17 pm
Redfang18 says...

Axelos Firetongue

I dragged myself out of the house, feeling angry of having a visitor at this late hour. I was too furious to go back to sleep, so I decided that fresh air would calm me down. At first I was deeply lost in my own world, then I was knocked off my feet by someone. The person said, "Hey, watch it!"
I took the hand and got back on my feet.
"I'm Arwen."
I said lowly, "Axelos Firetongue, but I rather be called either by Firetongue or Axel. Nothing more than that."
Arwen asked, "Why are you out here, Axel?"
I answered darkly, "Some punk went in my house uninvited and gave me a rude awakening in the middle of the night. I makes me very, very cranky when someone interupts me during my sleep."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:58 pm
tgirly says...

Dmitri:
I woke up from my little nap and glanced out a window to see if the wolf was still there. Yep. I decided to start looking for another door out of the house. Two figures were sillouetted in the darkness, one was standing up as if he'd fallen down. I slipped out the doorway like a shadow.
"Some punk went in my house uninvited and gave me a rude awakening in the middle of the night. I makes me very, very cranky when someone interupts me during my sleep," I heard the figure getting to his feet say.
"Sorry I forgot to knock while being attacked by a wolf," I say sharply, anger boiling in my veins. The girl starts and looks at me.
"I'm Arwen," she says. I nod.
"Dmitri," I reply. I shift my weight from one foot to the other, wondering if I should bolt. I usually try to keep to myself, just because it's safer, but they look pretty harmless.
When I was young, I admired clever people. Now that I am old, I admire kind people.
-Abraham Joshua Heschel

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:35 pm
ksithebe says...

s :wink: ounds cool....I'll upload a profile soon. space saved for bad half
"so this part....it feels like falling"

117 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:28 am
View Likes
Sapi says...

Attra

I catch my breath. She's seen me. My eyes harden, as I get ready for battle. I crouch back into the shadows, ready to spring at the first slight movement from my opponent. But nothing happens. Confused, I hiss, my sign of fear and anger. Why is she just standing there?
Suddenly, she makes a bolt for it. It seems she's trying to climb up one of the slick rock walls in this strange place, but it's not working. Panicking, she takes one look at me and decides to stand her ground. But I have lost the urge to fight. There would be no point in harming this girl! I smile, trying to show my desire for peace. Rraka sidles up to me, then bows his knees to the girl, showing that he,too, is peaceful. The girl relaxes. Good. I am desperate for a friend, and when I want something, I get it.

28 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:06 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

Juhani

Stupid metal walls! Too steep and smooth to climb. Panicing I let nature take over, standing my ground I tensed ready to fight. Not that I'd win. But she smiles at me, and the wolf alost bows to me. A sign of peace? Respect? A taunt? It had been so long since I'd been with others like myself that I'd forgotten how to interpret such signs. I tried to smile back but couldn't make my face do what I wanted. Slowly, hesitently, I walked over to her, posistioning myself in the shadows beside her.
"Juhani... My name, Juhani." So long since I'd spoken human tongue, the word didn't feel right in my mouth. Crouching, I told the wolf my name in it's own language, 'Rraka' was it's reply. Carefully reaching out my hand, I scratched behind the wolf's great ears. "Beautiful creature, Rraka," I whispered. The girl watched me, a strange glint in her eye. A good half? Or bad? It would make sense for her to be bad, but she looked so graceful. Didn't the stories say that bad people looked different? But my parents had looked normal enough hadn't they?

117 Reviews

Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:36 am
Sapi says...

Attra

"Beautiful creature, Rraka," she said, looking at my friend. She studied me, curiously with a hint of fear in her eyes. I smiled again, this time showing my sharp teeth.

"My name Attra," I hissed, in the wolf language, as I didn't understand regular human language. But I knew from the way she said it that her name was Juhani.

"Juhani, what you doing here?" I asked quietly.

Just then, Siki returned, biting my ankle to get my attention. Aiiii!, I thought, but I didn't say it out loud. I listened to the small, furry animal, then shook my hair out of my face. She said that there was a man in the house, dangerous but easily overcome by me. She had taken a long time because there were two possibly dangerous people standing one tunnel down, talking. She wanted to warn me. I looked at Juhani, nodded my head that she could follow, then set off down the path.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:16 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

"So, you," I pointed to Dmitri, "Where chased by some kind of Wolf, and hid in his," I pointed to Axel, "house. Then Axel went for a walk,"
They both nodded. I could see that barging into someones house after being chased by a wolf didn't make you the best of friends. I shrugged. "So, where's the wolf after you left?"

Sorry it's so short got to go out.
Signature Pending

Go and make interesting mistakes, make amazing mistakes, make glorious and fantastic mistakes. Break rules. Leave the world more interesting for your being here.
— Neil Gaiman