z

Young Writers Society

Hunger Games 4 - Closed

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:15 pm
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Yes I did. Thank you to everyone for this great SB! Especially to Ellie for being a great allie and Calli for making this SB and putting Fern up near the top at the very beggining! You are the reason for our great ending!

Fern Le Rose

As soon as Erin plunged the knife into her chest, I let out a screech. What was she doing? She couldn't be- Oh my god, she was! She took another stab at her chest and I could feel my own world fall apart. It wasn't supposed to end like this- I mean, I didn't know exactly how it was supposed to end. I just thought that it would be an honorable duel, like all others before it. Not Erin, sacrificing her own life for me. She took a step over, swaying back and fourth, before finally crashing into the water.

"Erin!" I cried out, tears falling from my eyes.

I rushed into the water, my legs swishing in the soft, cool water. I kneeled down besides, feeling the water soak into my shorts. I touched Erin's cold arm.

"Erin! Don't leave me! This isn't how it was supposed to end! We can't finish it like this! I'm not worth your life!"

No response. I shake her and shake her, tears pouring down my face. No, no, no! She can't be dead, she can't!

"Erin," I touch her ice cold face," Thank you, thank you, thank you. You're the reason I'm still alive. I...I can't believe this the way it ended. I promise, when I go to District four I will find..." I stopped realising that I didn't really know the girl who had sacrificed her life for me. She had never really talked about her life at home. Not her realatives. The only one she had even mentioned was her brother." I'll see your brother, and thank him. I'll see the ocean, that you love so much. I can see why you wanted to die here, in the water. The water that was your life connection, all through this game. Erin." I started sobbing uncontrolably. "You were the best ally I could have found. You were a friend to be, the best friend I could have. I guess I meant more to you than I ever knew."

I looked down at her, my tears dripping down onto her face. I felt around for her pulse, hoping for a faint beat. There was nothing, nothing there. She was so long gone, probably before I even started my speech. I wiped the tears from my face, knowing I was no longer the pretty, untouchable District one girl.

"I'll always remember you Erin. Your sacrifice means the world to me. I love you like a sister, and I always will. I'm sorry for all the secrets and I will always wish things could be different." I pushed myself up, and patted down Erin's hair, just one last time. She looked so peaceful, like a deathy angel. Beautiful, even. "Goodbye, Erin." I pushed her away, out to sea, hoping that she would continue to float in the lake, that the Capitol would never find her body. It was the least I could do.

I waded back to shore, taking my time. She was only fifeteen, the same age as I am. Why would she throw away her life so early? She could've been so many things, raise a family. She would've been a wonderful Mother, a beautiful Wife. I know she would've been great. I don't know why she killed herself. Being killed was one tradedgy, killing yourself another. I'm not sure which one I would've regreted more: killing Erin or her killing herself. I wiped yet another generation of tears off my face. All the years I'd spent preparing for the games would've never prepared me for all the regrets that came with it. It wasn't just Erin, either. Although, she was and would always be the biggest one. There were so many people who's lifes had ended because of me. Just because I wanted to go back to my family.

There was Cody, District Three. He had offered me an alliance and I had turned him down. He was the whole reason I had been driven to find Erin. I would always owe him for that, but maybe it would've been better if I had accepted his offer. Than Erin and he might've lasted a little longer. Than, I killed him while trying to save Erin. I would never regret saving her, but the irony was to painful to take.

Then there was Marco, my District partner. He had come across Erin and I after our recently formed alliance, acting crazy. We had accepted him, but he had never been as close as Erin and I had been. We were strong, until he became crazy and attacked Erin. I would never forgive him for that, although I know that there was more to him than meets the eye. He was never my friend, but he was strong and I know I would get crap when I got home for his death. He was always more popular than I was, but he was always kind. I would miss when I went back to school, and feel guilty knowing that it would be partially my fault.

Ara. The crazy one. I think I had almost gone crazy on her, after Erin had left me. She was more clever than I thought. She had sacrificed for Kyran, protecting him like a mother bear. I would always honor her for that. She had torn me apart, with that comment about my family. I would never know how she knew but, she had really unnerved me. Made me crazy as she was. She was a true player of the game and it was an honor to take her down.

Kyran. He was the one I had wanted first, before Ara. No one in Panem had proabably expected him to make it far. He was just an adverage player, with a hope and a girlfriend. The reason he had made it that far was because of Ara and that girlfriend. The one that had held his hope. He, honestly, kind of annoyed me. He thought I was cliche possible. I had to give him credit for making it farther than anyone had thought possible, however. I'm sure his girlfriend was proud.

Then there was all the people I never met, the ones who's families would stare up at me and wish that I was there daughter or son. It wasn't my fault. I wish they all could've come home, but that was this stupid game. Death and death and death. I feel another ray of tears plop down on my bare skin. It didn't really matter. After this nightmare, all the things that made me stronger and weaker, there was only one thing that mattered. I was finally going to see my mom and my dad and my two brothers. Even my crazy neighbors. I looked to the sky.

"I'm coming home."

Ther Hunger Games is over! It's been great!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:39 pm
Calligraphy says...

That was an epic ending! We are finished. For those of you who were looking forward to anther hunger games I will have to disappoint you. I am probably not going to make another one. Yes, I did have a lot of fun, but I don't want to make too many and have them not be awesome anymore. If I do make another one it will not be until this fall, but I will make sure to P.M. all of you!

Love,

Calli <3

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:58 pm
Amfliflier says...

Haha, that was funny. "Kyran was actually kind of annoying." xDDDD I'm actually okay with there not being another one until fall, because I wouldn't be online nearly as much. That was a great ending Sunshine! :) Nice job everyone!
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:39 pm
View Likes
Skorpionne says...

Great last posts! Thanks, Calligraphy!

If you do do another one, then perhaps it could be a Quarter Quell. That could be interesting.
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:40 pm
Amfliflier says...

The Quarter Quell was awesome last time! That would be great to do another one! :)
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:44 pm
Elinor says...

If you do decide to do another storybook I would love to participate!

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown