z

Young Writers Society

The 13th Hunger Games---Starting

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:12 pm
Jaden G. says...

Des- District 10

Time seemed to slow when the thing got a hold of Luce. I watched it pull her away by her neck, the very one screaming... or was that me? Edur? The wolf howled and leaped over her body. Was she alive? Dead? Edur tried to run over to her, but he couldn't get past the bloodthirsty mound of fur in front of him.

Reality started to sink in. Luce wasn't moving, everyone was fighting, the flames were dying... one of the wolves focused his horrible yellow gaze on me.

Quick as a flash it was running towards me, its next meal. I pulled the knife and was about to throw it when it suddenly convulsed in mid leap and collapsed lifeless. An arrow protruded from its back and I saw Alen, his face bloody and pale. He had an arrow aimed at me.

One of the wolves suddenly reared on its hind legs and howled before taking off into the smoldering woods. What others were left followed and Alen lowered his bow.

"Where are they going?" asked Fiske.

Thunder answered him.

Spoiler! :
Health: 68/100 Hunger 70/100 Thirst 60/100
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:50 am
CeruleanBlaze says...

Spoiler! :
Meh, reading it again, her death seemed a bit cheesy, but then again, it was kind of fun to write. :)

Oh, Sorry I keep on going back in time, just wanted to smooth things over :3

Edur

"Some fun, huh?" Reed shouted to me, eyebrows raised at my blood soaked hands.

I laughed forcefully though I felt like a monster. I wiped my brow and loosed my death grip on my weapon and looked around. Everyone was still running around wildly though, the mutants were falling one by one. I scanned the area, scorched by fire and drenched in blood-

My gaze stopped at Luce, who seemed to be on the brink of falling. I frowned and hurried to her side. I gripped her shoulder hard and tried to keep her upright. She was awfully pale.

"Luce, hang in there," I said.

"Edur, go, I don't want to be a burden to you-" she began after a while.

I rolled my eyes and tightened my grip on her wrist. I looked her squarely in the eyes.

"Jesus!" I said desperately, "I'm not letting you go, I can't Luce, I-" can't go anywhere without you.

But I was stupid enough to let my self off guard and the damn mutant got Luce. I watched it sink it's teeth on to her shoulder, the very place my hand had been just minutes before, and run.

I felt cold and my hold body kept on shaking. Oh god...

I snapped out of it and chased after it madly, screaming and tripping over myself.

"LUCE!" I screamed. I wanted to be there, but I kept falling and tumbling, but the thing kept on dragging her away from me. I was so tired, so beat up and so damn scared.

A howl sounded off somewhere and the mutants left. Luce was just a few feet away from me, her head turned away from me. The ground around her was red. Oh god, oh god, oh god... Why can't I stop shaking? Why can't these stupid damn tears go the hell away.

"Where are they going?" asked Fiske.

HEALTH: 65/100 HUNGER: 62/100 THIRST:70/100

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:29 am
CeruleanBlaze says...

To the top :3

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:38 pm
ShootingStars says...

Kurr, District 11 mentor: DAY 2, Afternoon

Kurr's heart sank as he watched Luce slip into the hands of death. It was a horrible way to die for anyone, but especially someone so sweet and still young like her. Blood was spilled all over the pond area, staining the forest with the marks of the massacre. As Kurr watched the mutant wolves flee, he felt a spark of desire flame up inside his heart. A burning desire to end the Games. They could do it, the District 12 mentor had said. The man clenched his fists. For the past few years, he had tried to accept the fact that the Capitol had complete control over the Districts, throwing them into the Hunger Games to show their authority. But the Capitol was only scared. That's what they truly were.

Maybe Veronica was partly right. It killed Kurr to watch young tributes year after year be brutally murdered. But part of Kurr knew her plan was suicide. How far could they go? Then what would they do afterward even if they managed to break into the Gamemaker room? The mentor buried his head in his hands, thinking. "I need to talk to Veronica," he whispered to himself, listening to the loud crack of a cannon firing in the arena. Luce was dead.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

Reviews: 3
Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:05 am
View Likes
hungergameslover says...

Veronica

Cannon after cannon. Veronica was beginning to panic. Ryder was still sick and he needed water. I called one of the sponsors and got a bottle of water. She was waiting for just the right moment to send it. Veronica knew he needed to have some strength if he were to cross someone.

After the cannon fired is show there was another death, she sent down the water. She watched as it fell to the ground. Ryder was going to need to wait a little longer for his medicine. She wanted to send it to him now, but everything was getting so expensive. She was just going to have to be patient, which was something that was hard for her.
She
She looked over are Kurr and saw his head buried in his lap. She was worried he was worried he was crying. Veronica knew this was to much to handle for anyone, to have so much hope for a person and that just end. Something had to be do about this and fast. She was done waiting. It was time to take action.
Last edited by hungergameslover on Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:05 pm
sunwater says...

Alen district 8

It was a bloody mess with the mutts I shout arrows blindly hoping they hit something then I run out so I go to any mutt that is dead. Take there arrows I did get there target and there where some on the ground so in all I got back 7 arrows. Then i see the most horrifying thing i have seen in my life Luce is being dragged away and there is blood on the ground and see Edur trying to get to her. But there are to many mutts in the way my only thing in the world that can remind me of happy home and she is being dragged away by a mutt and i cant do any thing.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:19 pm
sunwater says...

Spoiler! :
Where is the Distract 7 boy

37 Reviews

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:19 pm
ShootingStars says...

Spoiler! :
Sunwater, do you mean Fiske?
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:49 am
SkyeDragon says...

Spoiler! :
Hello, I have not been on in while, and because of that, I have no idea where everyone is in this SB.
From here on out, Fiske is open for anyone to kill him. Anyway, anyhow. Because I won't be posting here anymore. Sorry, this SB is just too fast for me.
Every great writer was once an amateur.

Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:58 am
hungergameslover says...

Veronica

Veronica watches as Kurr's body tenses. You can see the fear in his eyes and how he is trying to fight it off. Veronica needs Kurr to help her kill the game makers. Veronica looks over at the guards from the capitol standing at the edges of the room. Drunk this time of day. “Kurr can I talk to you a second?” She asked.

“Sure.” He said beginning to stand up. He walks over to me and we stand against the wall. “What did you want to talk about?”

“I need to talk to you about getting the kids out of there. The head game maker needs to be taken out and I need more than one helping hand. He need to pay for taking these lives away.” she say. Veronica look up to see one of the guard looking over at us. she tried to change the subject. “I am so worried about Ryder. What if there are not enough sponsors to get him the medicine.” The guard looked away. She talked a little softer. “Will you please help me. I see the way you look at Reed. You know you do not want her to be in there.” She said.

“ You are right, I don't, but how do you suppose we do this.” He says.

“I have a plan.” Another mentor says walking over to us. Right then, Veronica knew this was going to be possible.

19 Reviews

Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:25 pm
Jaden G. says...

Ilija- District 10 Mentor-

And another cannon went off. I looked over at the mentor and team from District 8. They turned away and left, their district finished for this year. It was a disgusting way to go, bleeding to death from the paws of those monsters.

On the screen the beasts were gone and the girl's friends were mourning their loss.

"More drama for a better rating," I growled to myself and paced back and forth in my corner. If she wasn't careful, Des would wind up just like that tribute... like the other tributes before her...

Something in me stopped. My resolve broke and something else took its place... this needed to stop.

Across the room I saw Veronica make her way to Kurr. They were talking quietly, Veronica looking desperate. What was it that I told Des? Safety in numbers?

Briskly walking toward the two mentors, I heard Kurr agree with her. "You are right, I don't. But how do you suppose we do this?"

"I have a plan," I butted in. Veronica and Kurr looked at me, Veronica's gaze was hard but then it grew softer and she looked hopeful. Hope was not an option, at least not yet.

"It won't be easy," I added.

"I don't remember getting the impression that it would be," said Kurr.

"What happened to 'it's pointless'?" Veronica asked.

"It died when that tribute did. If we want to stop these games, we have to hit the government hard and quick. But we need to find the mentor from 8 and 9 first."

Kurr glanced around the room at the other mentors and then up where the Capitol onlookers were sitting. "Come, let's discuss this where there aren't watching eyes."

~Doctor Who

37 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:46 am
ShootingStars says...

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute: DAY 2 Afternoon
Spoiler! :
Health: 59/100, Hunger: 67/100, Thirst: 80/100

A horrified scream escaped Reed's lips. It took her a few seconds to grasp the situation, but when the reality of Luce's death sunk in, Reed felt like she had the wind knocked out of her. She staggered backwards, tears blinding her eyes as they welled up. Fiske rushed toward Reed as she fell to her knees, her sword dropping with a muted thud. Her world spun as she tried to calm herself down. She didn't want to cry, so she choked back a sob. But who couldn't help letting the tears flow when you just witnessed someone like Luce being brutally murdered?

Reed threw her head back to face the dark, clouded sky, tears streaming down her cheeks. She gasped for air as her crying grew worse, her chest heaving. Fiske bent down beside the sobbing girl and hugged her, his arms gently caressing her waist. It wasn't a hug showing affection, it was more like something a friend would do. He was trying to help her. Reed buried her face in her bloody, cut hands. This was too much to handle.

As a minute dragged by, she was barely aware of Des coming over to her and Fiske, tears dripping down to the District 10 girl's shirt, the crack of lightning and the drumroll of thunder, or the angry Alen stomping around. Reed finally looked up as Fiske slowly drew away to stand. She glanced over at Des and stood too, before hugging the other girl, another round of tears spilling out of her blue eyes.

"Why?" Reed whispered into Des's ear. "Why do the Makers have to be so cruel?" Her words cracked with emotion.

Des responded after a moment, "I don't know, Reed. I don't understand it." She fingered the younger girl's curls as they hugged. "But we need to go." Her words were followed by another bolt of lightning that painted the arena sky a sickly shade of yellow and purple.

In the next few minutes, the two alliances decided to part ways, Edur's going back around the pond, and Des' staying for a couple more moments.Each group was silent. Reed managed to compose herself and grab her sword, a lump forming in her throat. She knew that the hovercraft needed to pick up poor Luce's body, and they needed to seek shelter from the oncoming storm, but something made her stay. Fiske and Des had already solemnly gathered their items, and were getting ready to take off again. Reed stole a glance at Luce. Her stomach did a cartwheel. Looking at the dead girl made emotion rise up inside her again.

She blew a soft kiss Luce's direction and said in the strongest voice she could muster, "I will never forget you, Luce." Tears stung her eyes as she turned to face her friends. The three joined together, ready to find Ryder.

The clouds slowly let their raindrops fall to the parched land below, as if mourning with Reed. She looked up again. "I will remember this, Gamemakers!" she stated then added quietly, "You won't get away with it. I promise."

Spoiler! :
Hey, everyone! What if Bronze and his ally at the Cornucopia get into this SB a bit more? They are trained killers, after all. So what if one follows Edur and Alen, and the other follows Des, Fiske, and Reed? And then after the tribute finds Ryder, the Career could kill Fiske? I don't know, it's up to y'all.

19 Reviews

Sat Apr 21, 2012 2:20 am
Jaden G. says...

Spoiler! :
Sounds good Stars. Also, whatever happened to Khan? Dragonette's boy character. He's from the lumber district and it's his turn to die next.

Bronze- District 1 Career

The Cornucopia had been surrounded by a circle of flame, but Nya had been smart enough to find some random clear spot that led to the nearby pond where we had gathered water. It wasn't a good idea to stay in the open where the fire could sweep through. We needed to be by water. And besides, none of the other tributes would be dumb enough to cut through this fire to the center of the arena.

The air hung heavy and dry with the heat as the fire grew and raced up the sides of the trees. A branch fell from above and scalded my shoulder.

"Gah! &@*#" I grasped my arm and bit through the pain. There was no way I was going to show weakness in front of Nya. She would take me out in a second.

"You ok?" she asked cheekily.

"Peachy," I hissed and pushed on. We dodged through the lit up trees when the fire started to die down.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Our heads snapped to the source of the cry. A tribute.

We followed it and heard more sobs and cries the closer we got. More tributes. Were they all in one spot? Would it really be that easy?

Nya and I perched up a hill, hidden from sight by the height we were at. Down below were... 1, 2, 3... 5 tributes and a bloody mass of flesh. We knew about the monsterous dog things and recognized their handiwork.

"Interesting," Nya commented. I gave her a scowl and looked back at them, my weapon ready.

"Well, let's get 'em."

"Relax," she said with a silky, calm tone. Coniving was more like it. "There's too many of them together. Even with my brains and your brawn, they would overpower us."

"How humble of you for admitting so," I remarked.

She rolled her eyes, but then an evil grin creeped along her face. "They're splitting up. So we will too."

"What?"

"You go after those two boys, I'll handle the others. We take them out one by one, mess with their heads. Who knows how much fun we could have?"

I started to see her point and smirked. It was genius-- but I would never admit that.

Spoiler! :
Health 93/100 Hunger 92/100 Thirst 87/100

~Doctor Who

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:41 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Spoiler! :
Health: 40/100 Hunger: 41/100 Thirst: 40/100

Ryder-

Ryder stirs gently from sleep. The first thing he sees is the burnt forest around him. He's laying in a pool of his own blood.

God how long have I been out

He staggers up unto his feet, but collapses down onto his knees before getting far. He is consumed in a fit of coughing and hacking. It feels as though he's coughing and hacking out his own intestines. There's blood everywhere. He can't manage the strength to get up.

Veronica, if you could get me some meds right now...

He hoped none of the other tributes were close enough to hear his coughing, he muffled as much as he could. Knowing that that could prolong his death for at least a little while.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:02 pm
View Likes
hungergameslover says...

Veronica
Veronica was talking to both the mentor. She smiled as they were about to leave to go some where no one could hear them. One her way out she heard a tribute coughing. It sounds like Ryder. She twirled around and ran to the TV. It was him. She started to shake and ran to the phone. "I need strong meds. NOW." she yelled. This was the the last of the she had to give and it was just enough. He already had the water and now he had the meds. She watched as it fell to the ground. Thank God it got to him in time.

Carpe Diem
— Catullus