z

Young Writers Society

The Gryphon's Egg(started/open!)

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:26 pm
tinkembell says...

Delirumorsus | Palace Grounds

A smile played on my lips, revealing fangs that longed to tear the Katchy to shreds. It was surprisingly enjoyable, strolling along as the girl ran as fast as her mere legs could carry her. I could snap them so easily that I would've laughed, and maybe I'd have already done so if it weren't for Malcolm's orders. I'd left her behind in the mist of scuffed up dust, my long limbs had effortlessly leapt over her fragile body, and now I was actually trying, even if it was only by a margin. I jogged and didn't look back, although I knew that she had started running again, her heavy breathing was quite annoying. This was a great privilege for the female, and I - the great Delirumorsus hadn't hurt her. Yet. Shame that after the king has tortured all of the information out of her, she won't be alive to tell the tale. I swished my long, blackened tail, and laughed a little, the hint of a growl coming through. I might be fearsome, but I know how to be amusing. Even if it's a pun that nobody understands. Still, I cans simply rip off their heads, can't I? I slowed and stopped, indicating that the race run was over (to her it was a race, but to me, it was a gentle walk with a Katchy). I watched as Iris skidded to a halt, and after a few seconds, I spoke.
"Now wasn't that fun?" I asked, smiling as easily as a Wildercat could. After all, I wasn't human.
"The rabbit always squeals in the jaws of the fox, but when has another rabbit ever rushed up to save it?" Damon Salvatore
;'( please, my lump, he just needs HUGS <3
Need a review? Just ask :)
Just keep writing, just keep writing, do-do-do-do-do

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:45 pm
View Likes
Betheny says...

"Now wasn't that fun?" He asked, his fangs bared in a gortesque smile,
"Immensly!" I laughed, I was a little out of breath. I hadn't run like that for quite some time, "Althouhg it would had been nice for you to have actually tried, it's not nice to be quite so kind. At least in my eyes it isn't," My voice had taken on a wierdly sentimental tone, sounding like all the other mothers from my tribe had when I was young. There was a small motion which I interpreted as a shrug, although one could not be completely sure.
"Should we be getting you back to King Malcolm?" He asked,
"No," was my reply. Something like the raise of an eyebrow appeared on his face, "I have yet to be summoned by your king so why should I go where I am not wanted?"
"That's what you did here in the first place isn't it?" A deep growl strenthend his words making him seem menacing to most, had he endured my childhood he would know that that would not intimidate me. Shrugging I sat heavily, a small cloud of dust rising as I landed. Clicking my tongue, a summon for Yoru, I grabbed a handful of dirt.
"Sad really, that lush grounds are now barran lands for Malcolm. You know that this area used to be part of the Wildernoir forest, the part where it disipated into the Udairnil. Well, at least that's what my kind says. You know... you could be from right here... Ironic really insn't it?" There was distance in my voice, like I was bored of explaining the same thing repeatedly to an inquiring child. Something the wildercat was most definately not.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

“Writing fiction is the act of weaving a series of lies to arrive at a greater truth.”
— Khalid Hosseini, Author