z

Young Writers Society

Camp Adventure! ( closed- started)

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:14 pm
DaSpetsnaz says...

Name: Josh Smith

Appearance: Josh has somewhat dirty blond hair and blue eyes. He stands at 5'7, and is mostly muscle. He often just wears tee shirts and athletic shorts.
Spoiler! :
dep_4823339-Teenage-Boy-Sitting-In-Playground.jpeg
dep_4823339-Teenage-Boy-Sitting-In-Playground.jpeg (58.43 KiB) Viewed 294 times

Personality: Josh is nice, but he is shy so it can be hard for him to make friends. He likes to joke around with his friends back home, and could try to find at least one friend here. He may be shy, but once he gets introduced to someone, he comes out a little bit, trying to make conversations and such He used to play football, but switched to cross-country freshman year. He goes for a run early every morning, to stay in shape. He also plays lacrosse and is pretty good. He has played the trumpet since 5th grade and has gotten really good.

History: Josh grew up with his parents divorced. He doesn't remember his parents ever being together. Both his parents remarried, and his mom works at a bank, and his dad is the manager of a supermarket in Maine. He has a twin sister and a step-brother who is a year younger than him. When he gets out of high school he wants to join the Marines.

Reason they're at camp: He is a good trumpet player, and heard about the music program. He has some friends, but he could use some more.

Other: Up for love,(straight) but he is quite shy, so it could be a challenge.
Last edited by DaSpetsnaz on Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:16 pm
Amfliflier says...

Counselor
Name: Simon H. Pearson

Appearance : He has dark skin, brown eyes, short black dreads, stands at 5' 8", wears glasses, average weight.
Spoiler! :
Screen shot 2011-09-30 at 5.04.39 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-09-30 at 5.04.39 PM.png (287.31 KiB) Viewed 268 times

He needs glasses in the picture, but it's pretty close to what I want.

Personality: He is a generally happy, carefree guy. He's crazy about the arts, and excels in drama, music, and sketching. He'll usually do something if you ask him, but not until you ask him. He is definitely a people person, but is more of a follower than a leader. He's a rule follower, and will try to stay away from anyone that is not.

History: He grew up in a good family with his mother, father, and younger sister in a high class house in Rhode Island. He grew up around music and the arts, and is now an expert at the trombone, trumpet, tuba, flute, and electric bass. He's a skilled actor, and an excellent tenor. His sketching is amazing, but he's not very athletic. Was often considered a dork at school because he would rather sing than shoot hoops.

Reason they're at camp: He teaches the drama and music classes, and wants to meet new people. Money's an added bonus. :)

Other: Up for love, (straight) and he can help out with any other classes, but he might try to stay away from athletic ones.
Last edited by Amfliflier on Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:11 am
fictionfanatic says...

Reserving a spot for fraternal twins, please!!! :D will post tomorrow :)
Live, Love, Laugh

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:27 pm
Fortissimo says...

Name: Jackson Douglas

Appearance : Brown hair, brown eyes. Small and skinny; not that muscular. Around 4'11'' His handsome appearence doesn't fit his nerdy personality.
Spoiler! :
home-design-tween-boysroom-250x150.jpg
home-design-tween-boysroom-250x150.jpg (10.74 KiB) Viewed 274 times

Personality: Nerdy, and intellectually gifted. Is a little awkward when talking to people, especially people who he doesn't like. Has almost no people skills.

History: He lives with his single mother, who raises him and his little sister Victoria, who is 10. His father, who recently died, was the CEO of a successful computer company. He left his wife and kids a couple million dollars.

Reason they're at camp: His mother thought this experience would be good for his social life, Jackson doesn't have any friends.

Other: Up for friends, and love, if you're willing do be with this super nerd.
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

84 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:51 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Jacqueline Dumas (Do-mah). Her friends call her Jaq (pronounced Jack)

Appearance : Jaq has dyed, platinum white hair that reaches her mid-back, and she's always doing something different with it (i.e tying it up in a hankerchief, braiding flowers into it, making it into temporary dreads (which is possible), etc etc) She has dark blue-gray eyes and pale skin. She always wears the same make up - silver eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, pink blush, and lipgloss with just a tinge of pink to it. She only ever wears black combat boots, ankle high converse, and flats. She is also five feet nine inches tall.
http://weheartit.com/entry/13215461/via/kayceeiscrazy

Personality: Jaq is a really relaxed girl, not outgoing but not shy. She takes life as it goes by and isn't one to really stress. She loves music and film, and will be the first to get up and sing/play her guitar in front of a group of people. She's really big on quotes, especially quotes about life, being yourself, and music. She's always willing to say them. She also knows a tone of random facts and random laws. She's really into clothes, and always dresses nice, even if it's just shorts and a t-shirt she accessorizes and can pull it off. She's not very phone or computer reliant. In fact, she's clueless about it, unless it comes to programs to edit her films or record her music. She loves to get what she calls "snail mail." Which are letters. Jaq is that girl who will stick up for anyone. She also is always right. Even if she's wrong, she's right. She's very persuasive and loves to argue/debate her point. She's very against fighting and very pro-woman's rights and pro-gay. Jaq is very unique and original. She has a great photographers eye. She's a good listener and gives really good advice.

History: Jaq is originally from Oklahoma, but her family moved to New York when she was eight. Jaq grew up with her twin brother Torrey, her three moms, and her dad. Yes, three moms. No, not pologymy. Her biological mother and father were married, but then divorced when Jaq and Torrey were two, because her mom fell for another woman. They stayed best friends, and two years later her dad found and married another woman. They all live in the same house. It's a little weird to others, but it's Jaq's big happy family, and everyone does get along. Of course they have their share of fights, arguments, and problems. But they're really just like any other family. Jaq has spent a lot of time explaining to people how much it really is normal. They all really encourage self expression and being yourself no matter what people think or say. As for what she calls them all: Her biological mom is Momma. Her mom's partner, Emma, is YaYa. Her dad is Daddy or Big Daddy. Her stepmom, Carissa, is Mamee.

Reason they're at camp: Two reasons: 1.) The Filming program (that alright?). She loves film and hopes to be a director one day. 2.) The music program. She loves her guitar and singing more than she does filming.

Other: She's mostly gotten rid of her southern accent, because she got bullied a lot for it as a kid when she moved to NY, but you can still hear a little twang of it from time to time. She has a little new yorkan accent. She also has a huge singing range. Up for love

Name: Torrey Dumas (Pronounced Do-mah)

Appearance : Torrey has dyed, jet black hair and pale, but not sickly so, skin. He stands at five feet eleven inches. He has dark, blue-gray eyes, and his ears are gaged at a size six. He's thin and not really all that muscular, though he is strong. He always wears a ton of bracelets and wears his nerd glasses a lot, even though he doesn't need them. He just likes the way they look. He has bite marks all over his right shoulder and arm because he was attacked by a dog at age seven.
http://weheartit.com/entry/15135392/via/kayceeiscrazy

Personality: Torrey is a really outgoing guy who loves to be loud and just have fun. He's really out there and he doesn't care too much what people say about him. When he likes a girl, he can get pretty flirty and charming. He takes life as it comes and he's pretty much just happy with what he has. He lives in the moment and often doesn't think too much about what will happen in the future or what the consequences will be. He's got a great sense of humor and is a really nice guy. He loves to make up really random, silly stories and tell them to his friends (i.e once upon a time there was a monkey. He fell in love with a whale. So they got married. The end.) He's a really silly guy, but he's also a really fun guy to be around and hang out with. He can make friends with anyone, and he does. He has a goal to compliment five people every day.

History: Same as Jaq's, but he was also attacked by a dog at age seven.

Reason they're at camp: He's coming because him and his sister are relatively inseperable. But also because he's a really good dancer - any kind of dancing, except ballet. He's never done that before.

Other: Up for love. When asked about the bite marks on his arm, he makes up stories that sound cooler. He tells each person/group of people a different story. If you ask the true story, he may or may not tell you, it depends on how much he likes you.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:52 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Can we start?
:D
I', really excited! And sorry I'm so late! It's been a crazy weekend - homecoming weekend.
Live, Love, Laugh

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:35 pm
Funkymomo says...

Sure fiction!

Here we go!
April Peterson

"Are you sure you'll be alright honey? Do you want me to stay with you for a while?" My mother asked worriedly as she dropped me off at camp.

"I'll be fine Mom. See you in August!" I hugged her and said goodbye and hello to Camp Awesome.

As I walked to my cabin, I took in the sites. Everything was pretty much the same. they added a few more things in the camp, like a climbing wall in the Main House and a fencing ring near the fields. I looked around for councelors or campers from last year, but everyone seemed new. It was almost depressing, coming to camp. There was never anyone doing anything on the first day! Everyone was just walking around looking bored, angry, or lonely. Or sad, like me.

The beach was clean, warm, and as beautiful as ever. I thought about staying down there, but the sun was to bright to read in. I looked across the lake at the summer houses and mountains in the distance. It was all so familiar, so like home.

When I made it to my cabin, I made sure to get my bunk- the bottom bunk in the right corner. I'd had this cabin twice before, and it was my bunk. There wasn't anyone else int he room, I was the first one there. I set up my bed and started to read one of the many books I brought. It was some dystopian book about kids dying. It was common, but I drank up that stuff. I settled into my bed and smelled the nice, woodsy scent of camp.

After about half an hour, I began to hear more voices. Finally, someone else entered the cabin.

"Hi! I'm April. Nice to meet you!" I greeted her.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:33 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Scarlett Star
"'Bye Mom!" I called over my shoulder happily. "Bye Starlett!" Mom called calling me by my baby name. Usually I would have told her to knock it off but I was way to happy to say anything about it. I grinned and held my arms over my head giggling happily. I skipped to my cabin and walked inside. It was empty which made me a bit sad. I set my stuff under my usual spot to the left of the door on the bottom bunk. I pulled out my sketchpad and started to sketch the scene outside the door. Someone entered and I smiled at her. "Hi I'm Scarlett nice to meet you!" I greeted happily.

Justin Spell
I walked to my cabin watching my feet. I was back and I was happy about that. I found my cabin and sat down on a bottom bunk towards the back. Someone entered the cabin and I smiled at him. "Hey man I'm Justin nice to meet you." I said.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

51 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:08 pm
Fortissimo says...

Jackson Douglas

"Goodbye Mom!" I said, reluctantly.

"Are you sure you'll be okay? I kind of forced this camp on you, but I think it will be good. Plus, I don't want to keep coming up to Maine just to reassure you that you'll be fine."

"I am fine, I will go swimming in the lake, make friends, and have a great time. Trust me." The truth was, I was lying, and we both knew it. I'm no boy who wants to be outdoors and get messy. I would rather be inside, taking an old computer apart and putting it back together again. That was the real me. But I wanted to prove something to her.

I found my cabin, and threw all my stuff inside, and when I looked up, I saw old mattresses and spiders. Ugh, August won't come soon enough.

~John Lennon

~John Lennon

51 Reviews

Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:16 pm
Fortissimo says...

Beatrice (Bee) Boydson

Simon, one of the other counselors, and I met with Paul, the camp leader today. Simon was assigned mentor of the boys cabins, and I was the mentor of the girls.

This camp is the first sleepaway camp I had ever worked at, but from personal experience, I was hoping I would get nice girls, and not mean ones. They're the worst. And the camp was all summer long.

I had to try my best to get on their good sides, and be like a cool older sister.

~John Lennon

~John Lennon

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:49 pm
gleek456 says...

Rose Corazon

"Bye Mom!" I cried. Me and Gezon waved goodbye to mom as she drove off. I turned around to face the camp. I gripped my bags, and shoved them into Gezon's arms.

"What the heck Rose?" Gezon shouted. I rolled my eyes.

"Be a gentleman and carry my bags!" I replied. Gezon rolled his eyes and hit me with one of my bags. I winced and punched his arm, making him wince.

"We can go to your cabin first," I offered. Gezon smirked and nodded. We made our way quietly to his cabin, and I made a mental note to myself to tell Gezon to explore the area with me. We stopped in front of his cabin, as Gezon struggled to read the sheet of camp information. I rolled my eyes and took the paper from his hands.

"Who am I rooming with?" he asked. I smiled, waving the paper away from him.

"Secret," I answered. "You'll find out eventually."

I opened the door for him, to find a boy already there. He made his way over to us, well, to Gezon.

"Hey man. I'm Justin, nice to meet you," he greeted. I watched him drop my bags as he shook his hand. I facepalmed and picked my luggage up.

"Hey, I'm Gezon," he answered. I cleared my throat. "And this is Rose, my younger sister." I smiled in hello.

(Hope this is okay! :) )
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

84 Reviews

Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:47 am
fictionfanatic says...

I forgot to mention, Torrey usually speaks in an overly loud voice.

Jacqueline/Jaq

"By Momma, bye Yaya, bye Big Daddy, By Mamee! I love you all!" I call through the window as the start to pull away.

"Bye guys, love you!" Torrey screams loudly to them.

As the car drives off, Torrey and I begin to pick our bags up off the ground.

As we put numerous straps across our shoulders, Torrey exclaims in his usual overly loud voice, "Jaq-jaq, you ready for this crazy place!?"

"Sure thing big brother!" I say to my twin, born an hour and twelve minutes before me.

I pick up my acoustic guitar and hold it by its handle, then pick up my electric and sling its strap across my shoulder, allowing the guitar to lay on my back. Torrey stuck his drum sticks, drumming being his new found hobby, inside of the back pocket of his black skinny jeans, and we began to slowly make our way to our cabins.

"Yours first!" He exclaims, attempting a skip but failing beneath all f his luggage.

I can't help but let out a laugh at seeing this. We finally make our way to my cabin, and when I enter a girl says cheerily, "Hi, I'm Scarlett! Nice to meet you!"

Giving her a soft smile, I give a semi wave, the most I can do with all this luggage, and say, "I'm Jacqueline, but call me Jaq."

With a sigh of relief dumped all of myself onto the bottom bunk of the bed opposite of Scarlett's.

"Scarlett, I love your hair!" I hear Torrey exclaim in his excited voice.

"Thank you!" She gushes right back at him.

Laughing, I say, "This is my twin, Torrey. Speaking of which, Torrey, let's head over to your dorm so you can drop off your stuff."

Smiling at Scarlett, I say, "I'll be back shortly, I'm just gonna walk my brother over really quickly and make sure all shiny objects are out of reach." The last part I say jokingly.

Torrey's deep laugh echoes through the mostly empty room, and he links his arm through mine, "Let's go Jaq-jaq. Nice to meet you, Scarlett! I look forward to seeing you again." he flirts with that last part.

Torrey

Jaq opens the door to my dorm, and standing there is two guys and a girl.

As I head towards one of the beds, throwing my stuff onto the top bunk, I say in my excited voice, "Hey everyone, I'm Torrey." Montioning towards Jaq I say, "This is my twin, Jaq-jaq."

She rolls her eyes at the name only I call her and says with a smile, "Just Jaq, short for Jacquiline. Only Torrey calls me Jaq-jaq."

"I'm Justin." One of them says.

"I'm Gezon, this is Rose."

"Pleasure to meet ya'll." I answer back.

Jacquiline glances at Justin, smiles brightly, and then comes over to me saying, "Hey torrey, I'm gonna head back over to my cabin and talk to Scarlett some. I'll see ya later."

She stretches on her tip-toes the two inches higher my face is and kisses my cheek. Is kiss her back, not caring about the fact that the others are looking at us. This is how our family is, very loving, big on showing affection towards one another.

She waves at the three people and says sweetly, "Nice to meet ya'll. I'll see you guys around sometime."

With that, she pushed open the door and made her way back to her cabin to talk with Scarlett, unpack, and meet the others.

*Hope this is okay! :)*
Live, Love, Laugh

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Oct 04, 2011 12:53 am
Sunshine says...

Are we in two different girls cabins or just one?
Mia Russo

Splash.

Breathe.

Splash.

I reached the end of the pool, placing my hand on the end of the water treadmill and pushing the stop button. With a deep breath, I smile. Yeah, it's true. I own a water treadmill. My parents got it for me for a Christmas present. My only Christmas present, but it was so worth it.

"Mia?" I heard the soft voice of my mother. "Time to go, my sweet!"

Rolling my eyes, I pull myself out of the pool. I dried myself off, throwing on my 'Run like you got a pair' purple T-shirt and jean shorts. (Sorry, couldn't help it. XD It has a pair on tennis shoes in the corner. Grabbing my pre-packed suitcase, I manage a smile at my mother. The stick thin dietitian led me towards her red convertable, and I threw my suitcase in the back. I took a seat next to my brother, who my Mom was driving to his kiddy camp. The ride was silent, besides the constant and eager chattering of my brother. I couldn't help but let a small, nervous smile lace my lips. The ride was quick enough- we reached my camp quicker than I thought. As my Mom set the car in park, she gave me that kind grin of hers. I reached over the chair to give her a hug.

"Good luck, hon. Please write. I love you!"

I nodd. Sure, I was still slightly angry with her for taking away a summer of training, but she was my Mom- what could I do? I turn besides me and give my brother a hug.

"Have fun Mimi!" The cheery five-year old laughed.

"I will. You have fun, too. Kay?"

He nodded enthusiasticly and I smile slightly at his antics. I climb out of the car and grab my suitcase. With a final wave to my Mom and brother I take out my camp letter.

"Okay. So, if cabin's are this way..."

I walk towards the cabin I believed was mine. People wandered around, looking bored and talking to each other. I shuffled along, secretley hoping no one was in my cabin. However, when I crack open the door I spot a girl on the bed. When she look's up at me I swallow a bit. Guess this is it.

"I'm April. Nice to meet you!"

"Mia." I greet her back. "Any of these bunks taken?"

"Nope. Your good."

I nodd, muttering a thanks and choosing the bunk above April's.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:26 am
EnchantedPanda says...

Juliette Farmoban

"We're here!" my mum called out cheerfully as she turned around to grin at me. I sighed and groaned loudly and pulled my beanie over my face, hiding behind the tightly knitted wool. My mum look at me sympathetically and a pained look crossed her face, I watched through the gaps in the wool and I felt rude and selfish. This camp wasn't cheap and I knew she was struggling with money. I just wasn't a camp kind of girl.

I pulled the beanie off my head and looked out the window trying to ease the tension. "I was just kidding mum, this camp looks great," I tried unconvincingly. Mum looked at me doubtfully, "honestly mum, it looks fun." I tried again unsuccessfully. Mum turned to me and sighed "Just have fun," she said. I cast her a sideways glance. Fun and I didn't really seem to mingle. Camp and I didn't really seem to mingle either.

The further we got into camp the more excited mum seemed to get. "Wow look over there Juliette, a rock climbing wall!" she would exclaim loudly and point. "Oh and hey check that out." As we drove up to the administration block I ducked down below the window. A bunch of kids passed by shrieking with laughter and on a nearby bench a couple of kids sat by singing. There were kids everywhere they were reading, playing sport, making music, chatting and having fun.

Everywhere I looked, there was fun, fun and more fun. I pulled my trunk out of the boot and stood by the car scuffing my toe into the ground. Mum waved goodbye and hugged me through the window. "Bye mum," I called out softly. Mum responded "Have fun!" she said driving away. Again with the word fun...

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:28 am
Funkymomo says...

Sunshine- We're in two different cabins, and you guessed the right cabin that you're in!:) I posted the cabins on the first page, everyone.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

I should infinitely prefer a book.
— Mary Bennet, Pride and Prejudice