z

Young Writers Society

Fairview Academy RP [accepting & started!]

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat May 28, 2011 11:45 pm
fictionfanatic says...

So are we actually waiting for all 20 spots to be filled, or can we start sooner? I'm eager to use Aza.
Live, Love, Laugh

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun May 29, 2011 4:16 am
RoryLegend says...

Full Name: RJ Cooper
Appearance: Blonde hair and green eyes. RJ is tall and slender but she has muscle from all the camera holding and filming she does. Her sense of style is chic and comfortable. She like skirts, dresses and polka dots. She's often wearing blue, purple, or green. She is fair but prone to tanning when she's stays outside too long.
Pictures:
tumblr_lltsit6EUi1qk5mr4o1_500.jpg
tumblr_lltsit6EUi1qk5mr4o1_500.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 241 times

Major: Film
Personality: RJ is soft spoken. She'll only talk in class if she gets called on, she won't go out of her way to meet someone new, and she seems like an introvert the first time you do meet her. But once you're her friend she relaxes and talks more. She blushes a lot and is easily embarrassed. She expresses herself mostly through her film and writing and other than that doesn't let anyone in all the way. She hates talking about how she feels and even if she isn't okay, she'll pretend like she is.
Biography: RJ grew up in Hollywood with her dads, yes plural, two dads, in their flat on Sunset Blvd. One of her dads, Luc, is a french painter (so she speaks some of the language), and her other dad, Alec, is a lawyer. She biological mother owns a cup cake shop and sometimes RJ will visit her, but she feels no parental connection. Her abilities to capture images started with pictures but she progressed quickly to the moving image and entered many contests, winning most of them. Her true eye is through a video camera lense. When her fathers realized she wasn't getting the instruction she needed in school they sent her to Fairview Academy. The separation was hard because she is so close to her dads but she calls them often.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Her biggest strength is her creativity and kindness. Her weakness is her inability to express herself outside of her films.
Other: Up for love
Last edited by RoryLegend on Sun May 29, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 29, 2011 4:28 am
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

*Just a quick side note:*

Eeeeeeeeps, yay! Three kids with gay parents! I'm so totally sharing this with my RYA (Rainbow Youth Alliance) group. Gay awareness is really spreading, I love it!
Live, Love, Laugh

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun May 29, 2011 12:53 pm
DrugWolf says...

Saving a spot please. Handicapped.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun May 29, 2011 1:28 pm
Glauke says...

fictionfanatic wrote:So are we actually waiting for all 20 spots to be filled, or can we start sooner? I'm eager to use Aza.

Hey fiction! I'm going to wait for 15 spots to be filled, then we can start. PS- I'm glad you are eager to begin! It's exciting to see so many spots filling up so quickly!
❁❁❁

be still, sad heart, and cease repining
behind the clouds is the sun still shining

51 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 1:58 pm
Glauke says...

Full Name: Missy "J.J." Allen
Appearance: Gorgeous, with a perfect jawline and high cheekbones. J.J. has beautiful, flowing, ginger-colored hair and delicate bone structure. She has a lithe, muscular body, and runs often to stay fit.
Pictures: Image
Major: Voice II. The real reason that J.J. is at Fairview is because she was bullied and didn't fit in at her old school, (more on that later), although she would never tell anyone that.
Personality: J.J. is alway very popular and the center of attention, but for the wrong reasons. J.J. will willingly backstab her best friend to get a boy, more popularity, or whatever else she wants at the moment. She is the type of girl who will squander another person's reputation if it means upholding her own.
Biography: J.J.'s parents got a divorce when J.J. was 12, after J.J. had discovered that her father had been physically abusing her mother. J.J. tried to seek closure through her mom, but she was of no help. After a few weeks, her mother sank into a deep depression and refused to speak, eat, or sleep. When she was 13, J.J. discovered Fairview Academy. So, J.J. called her closest friend (at the time), Kodi Hall, who was an amazing ballet dancer. They auditioned and got scholarships. On the night of J.J.'s 14th birthday, Kodi and her ran away, boarded a train headed for Washington, and from there took a bus to Fairview Academy. J.J. has been at Fairview ever since, however, Kodi mysteriously disappeared one night and never returned. J.J.'s parents still, to this day, do not know what has become of their daughter.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths: Can manipulate people easily. Is an incredible singer. Weaknesses: She is willing to push other people down to get her where she wants to go.
Other: She is up for love.

I am trying to decide whether to keep J.J. or Logan. I am leaning toward keeping J.J., although there is a shortage of guy characters. Thoughts?
❁❁❁

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun May 29, 2011 2:13 pm
RedBird says...

I think that, if you can handle it, it would be great if you kept both...I was kind of looking forward for my character to interact with Logan, but now I want some confrontation with J.J. too! :)
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

Reviews: 3
Sun May 29, 2011 4:27 pm
MyStoryline says...

Full Name: Basil Milos Elias (Bah-zil Me-low-ss Ee-lee-ahs)

Appearance: Basil stands at about five feet eight inches, is average weight, and is pretty muscular. He has naturally tan skin, dark brown eyes, and curly, extremely dark brown hair that he keeps short enough to keep him cool, but long enough to show the wavyness and to hang in his eyes. He tends to wear either white or black t-shirts and a pair of jeans or jean shorts. He has a strong jawline, and white, straight teeth.

Major: He plays lacrosse, but he's here because he was too smart for the AP classes. He's majoring in science: Chemistry and Anatomy, while playing lacrosse on the side.

Personality: Basil is an extremely smart guy who loves to take on a lot. He loves a challenge, though it's hard for him to get one, and will never turn away from one. He's a sweet guy who loves to be with people and make them smile and laugh. He has a good sense of humor, loves to learn, and loves to teach. He knows a ton of some of the most random, and some of the useless facts. He's in love with science, and can spend hours on end doing an experiment. He can really get into something, and when he does he'll never give up on it (he's even trying to figure out perpetual motion). He's a very accepting person and accepts people for who they are no matter what. He also tries to find the good in everyone.

Biography: Basil was born in Greece. However, when he was born, his parents left him at an orphanage with a piece of paper pinned to the blanket wrapped around him. The note read, "His name is Basil Milos Elias. Love him as if he were your own, because we could not." Basil keeps this note in his wallet, right behind the picture of his moms and dads. Basil was adopted and then brought to America. He now has two moms and two dads, the moms being married and the dads being married. Many find this an abominal situation for a child to be in, but Basil loved it. He calls them by this: Sophia he calls Mommy, Amelia he calls Momma, Kyle he calls Daddy, and Collin he calls Papa. Sophia and Kyle are actually brother and sister. Basil calls them everyday.

When Basil started middle school, he found he loved science, and he excelled at it greatly. In ninth grade, Basil was already in AP science classes, and he was also a star player on the lacrosse team. The school found that they couldn't offer anything more to Basil, and suggested to his parents that they send him here. So here he his, majoring in both Lacrosse and Science. He's extremely smart and takes on a lot of things at once, because it's easy for him to handle it all.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Strengths - strong, extremely smart, science, has a very scientifical mind, and lacrosse
Weaknesses - Very scientifical mind, and may drive himself insane with things that are unexplained and he can't figure out.

Other: Up for love. He can speak Greek as well as English. He keeps a brown, leather journal filled with all of his experiments, constructions, predictions, opinions, etc (all about science)

*Hope this is alright*
Last edited by MyStoryline on Sun May 29, 2011 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

114 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 8:39 pm
RoryLegend says...

Since there is a lacking of boys I thought I would go ahead and toss another character in.

Full Name: Axel Cooper
Appearance: Brown hair and brown eyes, olive complexion. Axel is of average height and build. He has a tattoo across his chest that says "love is greater" in french. And he has a nose ring.
Pictures:
tumblr_llthag0kIQ1qe4nyno1_500.png
tumblr_llthag0kIQ1qe4nyno1_500.png (189.58 KiB) Viewed 196 times

[b]Major:
Voice, but he also flunked out of high school.
Personality: Axel, the opposite of his sister RJ, is outgoing and a goofball. He could be your best friend in five minutes if you let him. He's funny and charming, but he often will run out of steam and fall into depression. He tries so hard to suppress his feelings and block out the bad with laughter that eventually it all comes bubbling up and over takes him. He is insanely protective of his little sister, so don't mess with her or he'll mess you up. He's also a dreamer and a bit of a romantic who loves to sing.
Biography: Axel spent the first four years of his life being bounced around foster homes until finally ending up with Luc and Alec. RJ was three and Axel was five when they adopted him and the two have been almost inseparable since. He has a good relationship with his dads but often wonders about his real parents and why he wasn't good enough.
Strengths/Weaknesses: Axel's strengths are his camaraderie and sense of loyalty he has with everyone. His weakness is his inability to deal with things and bouts of depression, he often doesn't feel like he is enough.
Other: Up for love
All you need is 20 seconds of insane courage, and I promise you something great will come of it.

-Benjamin Mee

114 Reviews

Sun May 29, 2011 9:05 pm
RoryLegend says...

PS, this means there are 15 spots now, right?? So we could start, right??

-Benjamin Mee

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun May 29, 2011 11:25 pm
RedBird says...

I sure hope so...Please, let's start, penprincess?
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Mon May 30, 2011 12:53 am
Sunshine says...

Pen: KEEP THEM BOTH! I love egotistic people.

Full Name:Levi Johnston

Appearance: Levi has a head of messy dark hair and bright blue eyes. He does have a bit of stuble, that he kind of likes, but is still debating if he should shave it off. He stands at about 5'7, but he's never really measured so he's not sure. He's about adverage weight, but has strong muscular arms. Levi is not overly muscular, but he does have abs from years of hard work. You'll probably find him in jeans, but absolutely never in one's with rips in them. He has a tendacy to wear hats.

Pictures: Image

Major:Art 1

Personality:A gentlemen by instinct, he's super polite even if he doesn't want to be. He'll never turn down someone in need. Levi is a very determined and foucused person. Once he has a task in front of him he will work as hard as he possibly can to reach it, acting extremely stubborn. Levi is a very motivated person. Seriously, it would take a lot to tear him away from what or who he loves. Sadly, Levi isn't very bright. Not very clever or school smart. He's easily taken advantage of, because he see's everyone as good. He's loyal and a hard worker, and always dependable. He's good at seeing the beauty inside of everyone and everything.

Biography: Levi was born and raised, for the most part, Amish. Yep, I'm dead serious. Levi lived in a farm house with his four brothers and five sisters, not to mention his parents. Levi worked hard on the family farm, but he always hated to go back into the crowded house. One day, in his twelve year, he stumbled across some art supplies at the market. He bought them with his own milking money. Levi started to draw after all the chores were done. He was good. Like, really good. Still, as an Amish boy, he didn't have many artistic options. He drew biblical scenes, but soon grew bored of them. He wanted to draw people, but the Amish church-not to mention his parents- wouldn't let him. He grew restless and secretly drew one of his more prideful sisters. When his father found the poorly hiden parchment he was enraged. Levi fought back, which made his father even more angry. That's when Levi threatened to leave the Amish faith and pursue his dreams of education and artistry. (Yep, he can do that. He wasn't baptisted into the church yet, so he could choose to live a normal "English" life.) His father calmed down, but Levi realized that he could be set free and become whatever he wanted. He told his parents, and they had no choice but to let him. They helped him find the best school possible, they actually wanted it to be a good religious school, but Levi wouldn't have it. That's how he ended up at Fairview.

Strengths/Weaknesses: His strengths may be his gentleness, politeness, and his determination. However, he's not used to the "English" worls yet and isn't very bright. Easy to manipulate.

Other:His dialougue may be peppered with Ne's and Ya's every once in a while. Also, with the Amish thing. I live by them and I've read books, so I'm pretty well informed. I won't bring it up overly much.
Last edited by Sunshine on Mon May 30, 2011 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

51 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2011 2:58 am
Glauke says...

WE ARE STARTED!
As you may have noticed from the title, we have officially begun. Whoever wants to do the honors, may. I am going to please ask you to copy & paste your characters into the SB Discussion page (link in description). This will help us if we need to refer to your character's majors, talents, personality, etc. If you do not, all profiles will remain up for another week before deletion. Thank you! GO WILD!
❁❁❁

114 Reviews

Mon May 30, 2011 3:38 am
RoryLegend says...

Axel

Headmaster Lucifer kept going on and on about "Welcome back" and "hello new students" and I felt like blowing my brains out. I had been standing in one spot too long and the nice weather seemed to be teasing me. I wished I had my guitar so I could sit in the soft grass and just sing, instead of being bored to death by the new term speech. Unfortunately my guitar was still tucked away in my room with the rest of my unpacked boxes. I'd found the room empty and picked the side closest to the window before dumping all my belongings and going to help my sister.

I looked over at RJ, hands clasped behind her back, more preoccupied with her feet than the speech. She stood off to the side, away from the others her long blonde hair pulled up in a loose bun. Most people didn't know we were brother and sister because biologically speaking, we weren't. But she was the light to my dark, my other half. I couldn't imagine life without my kid sister.

She was still upset from leaving home, she hated being away from our dads and our life in Hollywood, but she loved it at Fairview. She could be herself, for the most part at least, at Fairview. I liked it too. The regular classes were slower, which was better for me, and I could sing whenever I wanted.

Lucifer drawled on and I started fidgeting anxiously.

RJ

I stood out on the field with the rest of the student looking down at my freshly painted toe nails, my view being blocked by the hem of my green sun dress being whisked with the breeze. I lavished in the warm sun that beat down between our spot in the mountains. The feeling of it on my shoulders and arms was like a piece of home lingering on me. Washington wasn't like Hollywood with its endless sun and trips to the beach on Christmas. In Washington the sun seemed to be replaced by rain and a constant over cast of clouds, a year at Fairview had taught me that. Now I owned more sweaters than sun dresses and boots than flip flops.

I looked up at Axel to find him looking at me. He made a face and mouthed "I'm so bored," causing me to giggle. I shrugged and motioned for him to pay attention even though I wasn't. I heard everything the Headmaster Lucifer was saying but registered none of it. As she begin to hint at closing up her speech a wave of excitement went through the crowd. Everyone was anxious for the "Back to School Dance" tonight.

It wasn't like a regular dance. After the speech everyone would go back to their dorms and start getting ready. The theater kids were the most extravagant with their costumes and make up but usually everyone managed to doing something extreme. We were all supposed to go dressed in a way that expressed our personality. I planned to go dressed exactly the same but Axel asked me to help him get ready.

Finally the speech was over.

**A few things
1. Anyone who wants to room with either of my characters, let me now.
2. Are the 20 characters the only students at the school or are there more?
3. Shout out for the setting being in Washington, woot woot, represent :)

-Benjamin Mee

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon May 30, 2011 4:00 am
cannoncomplex says...

* Yeah about the rooms, is there a dorm or do the students live nearby? If its dorm, can anyone be a roommate of Priscilla. I promise you won't regret it.

Priscilla

That was an interesting speech especcially from a headless. The rest of his kind however seem to bored to relate? I thought that the headless are the same but I ponder whether these headless were less intellegent than him or even me. They must have been too bored that their blood stood still in their necks while the headmaster was flowing like foundtain. i felt sorry for the students at the 1st row.

But hy the name? Headless people have names that are very broad and even though Lucifer comes from Juedo-Christian tradition, I doubt the headmaster has the same personality as the actual figure. Maybe he is, and just tempting us. That was why the other headless are bored. No, maybe he is making an army o try to control the only person with a head-ME!

Calm down, be reasonable. Try not to get caught like the other headless. Analyze what the headmaster is saying and then predict the outcome. Good thing, I'm smarter than all of these headless.
Lain Iwakura: If you're not remembered, then you never existed.

If you know what the tip of a shoelace is called, Congratulations, you watched Phineas and Ferb!
— FireEyes