z

Young Writers Society

The Roamers Inn.

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:12 pm
PixieStix says...

"Uh um- Selene." I said scared. "And I would warn you not to touch me." I made it out of his grip.
All you need is faith, trust, and a little bit of pixie-dust!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:42 pm
View Likes
EtCetera says...

"Well, Selene," I said, "Just make sure you know who's in a room before you start waving a weapon around." I smirked and looked around the room. "Not that any of these other people are much of a problem. But," I readdressed her, "It's the people that you can't see that will be a problem. And as for touching you, I don't really want to, but if you feel like threatening others, prepare to be threatened in turn." I turned to the barman, who looked as if he was trying to decide who was more frightening 'twixt the two of us. "I'll take a brandy."
He nodded, gulped, and said, "Don't worry about paying."
I chuckled. "Good man. But here, I'll give you half." I tossed a gold piece onto the counter and turned back to Selene, who still looked a little peeved.
"Oh, I suppose you would like your knife back." I jumped up onto the counter, pulled the knife from the ceiling, and threw it into the floor at her feet. I winked at her, then sat down in the corner near the bar. "Just in case anyone else gets any ideas," I announced to the still-dumbstruck room.

125 Reviews

Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:47 pm
PixieStix says...

"Thanks." I smiled. I picked up the gun and put it back in my boot and looked at the bartender. "Im 16." He nodded and gave me the drink. I winked and looked down. A large man walked in. Oh no... I walked over to him and punched him in the face. "Get out!" he held his face and punched me back. "Dont touch me." I said holding my jaw. I threw him into the table. "Selene, Babe, cool off." He said. "Your gonna wish you can cool off once I set you on fire!" I said angrily.

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:44 am
EtCetera says...

I sigh, irritated by the lack of order in the room. "You'd wonder if I'll ever find a place of peace and quiet." Selene has thrown some big guy on a table, threatening to light him on fire. I quaff some of my brandy, letting my eyes wander just in case someone else was thinking on getting into the action, but most everyone seemed pretty passive. "Some people are so hotheaded... But I guess that makes sense. She seems to be implying that she can control fire," I muttered under my breath. I looked at her a little more closely. "She might just do it. Of course, the instant she tries it..." I sent a tendril of shadowy energy from my hand and guided to her feet, just in case she had any smart ideas.

125 Reviews

Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:06 pm
PixieStix says...

The least I wanted was my ex boyfriend to be following me around. I formed fire in my hands, he stood up and put his hands up in truce. I destinguished it but still kept the energy in me. "What do you want."

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:28 pm
Anoia says...

I glanced across the room from where I had been sitting, nursing an ale and trying to forget. I saw a large man threatening a girl, and wondered whether I should go and help her out. It was my duty, after all.
But the weary ache in my bones and in my heart got the better of my sense of honour and duty, and I stayed put, the drink making my head a little thick. I just wanted to get away from the fighting, the hate... I'd had enough battling in the past few months to last me a lifetime, but I felt sure, deep inside, that it was nothing on what was yet to come.
"George, old chap," I murmured to myself, vaguely, "don't think about it now. Forget their faces, trampled in the mud, their dying pleas for help drowned out by the crash of shells and sharp musket shots, your heart beating so hard you couldn't think..." I trailed off, the painful scenes flooding back with a greater clarity than the first time around.
I shook myself, and straightened my uniform, rising to order another drink. I winced as a sharp pang in my leg reminded me of why I was here, in this tavern, and not in the field where I belonged, back to back with my comrades and saving the world from itself.
I sat back down, leg throbbing in agony, and motioned a waitress over, unable to make it to the bar unaided- and I hated to be seen with a stick, as it made me look weak, infirm.
"Any chance of a discount for a poor soldier, doing his best for Queen and Country, young miss?" I smiled, the smile of the world-weary, and sat back, waiting for the drink to arrive and dull the pain.
"What we're trying to do is to write cricket bats, so that when we throw up an idea and give it a little knock, it might...travel."

A true poet does not bother to be poetical. Nor does a nursery gardener scent his roses.
— Jean Cocteau