z

Young Writers Society

Juvenile Inc.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Aug 13, 2010 12:41 pm
Kaywiia says...

Don't forget we need some guys, too.
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:23 pm
AngerManagement says...

Name: Alexander Vanderbilt (Prefers to be called 'Al' or 'The Janitor')

Picture/Description: Has unruly curly hair thats always getting in the way of everything. He slouched a lot and seems a bit shorter than he actually is, he's 5''9 at first glance. He has grey eyes, and he's one to go unnoticed in a crowd.

Spoiler! :

Job/Position: Janitor

Personality: He's very carefree, and does everything on the run. He doesn't see the point in thinking things through unless other people are in danger. He is incredibly smart and was offered other jobs in the company, but he is very lazy. He hates working, and spends most of his days lounging around holding a mop, yet doing nothing with it.

Strengths: He has a Eidetic memory and is seen as a bit of a scholar, He's very trustworthy. He is a good listener, he likes to hear about other peoples lives. He defends those close to him and is extremely loyal.

Flaws: He is lazy, he often puts other people before him. He never actually does what he's employed to do, he smokes at work despite the smoking ban.

History: Al is the first son, and heir to the Vanderbilt fortune. He works in Juvenile inc because he doesn't like to face up to the responsibility of being the CEO of a multi billion dollar company. Vanderbilt & Co are in partnership with Ennis Inc, and he knows although he tries his best to forget about it.

Theme song: Where'd You Go By Fort Minor

Up for love: Yeah

Other: He's really snappy and irritated when it's cold
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:29 pm
Guess says...

Name: Sean Larson

Picture/Description: He's not really tall, standing only at 5'7'', but is really strong. He has a boy-next-door look about him, and dresses pretty casually. His hair is spiked, and he has a narrow face. He's pretty buff.
Spoiler! :

Job/Position: Vice President of Building Staff

Personality: He has a casual attitude, he speaks in slang or cropped words a lot. He always has an i-pod in his ears when he is working on a project. He assists the designers a lot, and does a lot of the heavy lifting. He tends to goof around a lot, but in the end gets the job done.He can be a bit cocky, and likes to make a good joke. He is the first person to bring a water gun to work or play a good prank. He can be serious when he is building something, but takes a while to get things done because he jokes around. But he gets the job done, miraculously.

Strengths: he is physically very strong, funny, lots of fun, buff, he knows a lot about different tools

Flaws: goofs off, takes forever to do stuff, always has to have music on when he's working, can get a bit obnoxious

History: He was born and raised in Seattle. Both his parents were singers in a club, and his love of music grew. But he also worked out a lot, and helped around at Habitat for Humanity, which built houses. Then, when he was 14, his parents moved him to Dayton. He fond out about the company, and applied for a job. Originally, they thought he was too much of a goof, but he proved he did things extremely well, down to the last detail, even if it took him a while.

Theme song: "Let's Get It Started"

Up for love: Duh

Other: He loves to dance, and sometimes he'll just randomly break into dance if a good song comes on. HE does a lot of stuff like the "moonwalk".
Life's just full of questions....stop asking me and go find some hippie on a mountain.

42 Reviews

Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:44 pm
Kaywiia says...

We'll start now. anyone else who wants to join, go ahead. Just post your profile and get writing. We have enough to start, though, and I'm really excited.

Alex Clarkson-C.E.O.

I walked up to the top of the steps to Clarkson and Co. I watched the limo drive away, and took a deep breath as I looked at the building. There was a large ribbon that made a flimsy barrier between the front doors and the steps below. A large amount of press followed me, all with cameras flashing. In my opinion, one or two pictures would be enough, but the press didn't share my opinions. My father walked beside me on the right, my mother on the left.

I went up to the podium, and cleared my throat. All of my new workers were assembled at the bottom, or on the first few steps, in front of the building. The reporters had there note-books and pencils ready. My father nodded, and I adjusted the mic.

"As all of you know," I started my well-prepared speech, "I am the new C.E.O. of Clarkson and Co. Six months ago, all of you very dedicated people moved to a new building with no warning. Now, you shall know why. When I first visited my new company, I didn't do it as C.E.O. I saw what the company looked like, and it shocked me. Why, I asked myself, did and interior design company have such a lifeless interior? Well, that isn't to be anymore. I hope with these changes, we will be able to keep up the good company my father built. I think this company has already done so much, and there is so much more we can do. I truly hope me taking over this company will help build this business even higher. And I am so excited to be able to say this: Welcome to the new Clarkson and Co."

With that, I cut the ribbon. A great cheer lit up, and the camera flashed even more. The workers walked into their improved building for the first time. I heard a lot of oohs and aahs. My father patted me on the back, and my mother gave me a hug.

A few reporters came up to me after I left the podium, and I answered their questions. Most of them were concerning Ennis Inc. Others were about the dollar amounts that went into the building of this. Close to ten million, actually. Most of it was my father's money. I answered their questions as diplomatically as possible, and then went inside, but only after assuring that the reporters could come tomorrow to take pictures of the inside. Most everyone was standing in the main lobby.

Most everyone was smiling and pointing. This had originally been one small staircase, and a room filled with chairs,but I had changed the whole thing. I was glad they all seemed happy. Some people were trying out the new furniture, some people were just talking. But everyone seemed to be in a good mood. I hoped they liked the rest of the building.

Alex, I thought to myself, Welcome to your Juvenile Inc.

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:06 pm
Jetpack says...

Lily O'Briain, President of Marketing

Lily had lost sight of the CEO amongst all of the people buzzing around the lobby. The new layout was definitely spectacular; Lily was hanging about near the bottom of one of the staircases, torn between wanting a reporter to ask her what she thought and wondering what she would say if anyone did. She just had to hope that the words would come, as they usually did. Pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose, she decided to find someone she knew.

The President of Design, Thea, was nearby, but Lily didn't think the other girl even knew her name. She seemed quite self-absorbed, but maybe you had to be to think up all of those different ideas... Lily checked herself. She was doing it again, analysing people she barely knew. It was a habit she hadn't broken in her two years at Juvenile Inc.

"Are you okay?"

((Can be anyone!))

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:40 pm
Guess says...

Sean Larson-Vice President of Building Staff

"Are you okay?" I asked, looking at Lily. She had been standing still, staring straight ahead. I waved my hand in front of her face. "Earth to Lily, we request contact." She laughed a little. We had gotten along pretty well before Alex took over. Or would it be Miss Clarkson? I hoped that would stay the same.

"She knows how to fix a place up," Lily observed. I nodded, looking around at the grand lobby. She had outdone herself big time.

"Tell me about it. I might actually not stick my gum under the staircase in this place," I said, getting a laugh out of Lily. Score one for Sean.

"I can't wait to see the offices," I said, looking up at the staircases. "Though, yours is probably better than mine, oh wise President." She rolled her eyes.

"Maybe if you spent less time goofing off, you could be president of the Builders."

"Nah, too much responsibility. I'm cool like this. So, what'd you think of the new CEO?" I said, pointing to a girl mingling among the crowd, talking to people. It must be hard on her, she had never met any of us, and now she was in charge of all of us.
Life's just full of questions....stop asking me and go find some hippie on a mountain.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:46 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Thea Novier- President of Design

"Are you ok?" Sean had asked. Jeez, the way the girl jumped, you'd have thought he asked her if she'd like to go eat brains with him after work.

I retreated back up the stairs, in search of my office. Design floor was... here, and the president's office... here! I took a deep breath and fingered the nameplate on the door- Thea Novier, President of Design. President. A shiver ran down my spine and I ran my keycard through the slot, waiting until the little dot had turned green to turn the doorhandle, replacing my keycard/ID to its place in the pocket of my skirt.

I hated the dress code, but eh, I worked with it. It was my own flair, anyway. A rich blue short sleeve button down shirt, with fluttery sleeves, pinstriped with silver. A black blazer and a black a-line skirt to match, with bright blue kitten heels. My hair was, of course, looking tousled and almost messy, with a large part in the front pulled back on the top of my head and clipped down. My nails were the main point of rebellion, though- silver with bright turquoise dots.

My hands flew to my mouth as I saw my new office. It was incredible. I walked slowly to my new chair and sat. The material was smooth, and not hard at all. I glanced both ways, locked the door quickly, and then reseated myself. And then? I span as fast I could.

My outfit was still within the code, I was still the President of Design, and I had a spinny chair.

All was well.
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

42 Reviews

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:09 pm
Kaywiia says...

Alex Clarkson-C.E.O.

I walked to the top of the stairs, and turned my mic on. It was attached to a headband around my head, and I moved the piece back and fourth to get the piece a good distance from my mouth. Anyone in the whole building could hear me right now, and I made sure, because I know several people had gone to look at their new offices.

"Hello, everyone, hi." Professional fail. Oh, well. Everyone turned to look at me, "As much as I wish I had time to come and introduce myself to everyone and learn what every single one of you does, we are running on schedule. We all have to be working by noon, and it's already seven o'clock. I would like, however, to meet with all the Presidents, Vice's, and the Manager. I would like everyone in the conference room who falls under one of these titles in twenty minutes. The rest of you may look around, and perhaps grab a drink in the juice bar." There were mumbles at the notion of having a juice bar, "Thank you very much."

I turned off my mic, and walked to the conference room.

It was on the bottom floor, but was still very open. Most of the rooms were quite open, because I found open rooms helped with thinking. I always came up with my best ideas outside.

The conference room had a lot of windows, and the side wall was almost completely glass. There were painted vines growing up along a wall. The painted plants were a further contribution to my best-thought-happen-outside ideals. The room was actually one of my favorite rooms. Beside the windows were rows of booths, who said we couldn't conference in comfort? Along the wall was a huge collection of books about designing. There was a bigger collection in the library, which was another new addition. But having one in the meeting room seemed like a good idea.

193 Reviews

Reviews: 193
Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:19 pm
AngerManagement says...

Al Vanderbilt

While Presidona -One of my many names for Alex- rallied up the troops and got all the important people in for a meeting, I sat down on one of those weird spinny chairs that looked as though they would break at any minute and snoozed rested my eyes.

I really wasn't planning on doing anything, except from the occasional showing up at work and irritating a few special people. I didn't even know what I was doing working for people I walked alongside with most of my life, rebellious stage maybe? I stood up from the chair and went to my very own office shoe-box with tools in it. And got out a mop.

I might as well be useful, god forbid someone makes a mess.
Dont tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Anton Chekov

57 Reviews

Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:34 pm

I sighed. At the 'hello, everyone, hi', I had ambled out to see what was going on, and at the news, I was now power-walking to the conference room. I don't mean old-person-parade in the mall power walk; long strides, pushing off with each one was what I was doing. I was not going to be the last person there. I slipped in quietly, resisting the urge to curtsy to our new C.E.O. I doubt that would've gotten me far in terms of respect.

I had abandoned my blazer, and it was still slung over the back of my spinny chair back in the office. (And no, I'm never going to stop calling it that.) Each step I took made the sleeves of my shirt flutter, and me smile. I took a seat where the nameplate 'President of Design' was set and twisted my hands in my lap, trying not to drum my fingers.

One ankle was crossed behind the other, the heels of my shoes tapping softly on the carpet. My eyes darted around, snatching up concepts from each part of the room- the glass wall was nice, the painted plants... eh, I was indifferent. The big bookcase was nice, I'd admit, and the booths were smart. See, this was how my brain worked- I took ideas, warped them, thought, warped some more, then mixed and matched and added color and patterns and set ups until I was satisfied.

The gauzy material of my short sleeves was now still, laying lightly against my skin, and I wanted shake to get it to move. I'm rather easily amused, if you couldn't tell. But I resisted and resorted to staring at my nails, marveling at the dots and glints of color off the silver.

And so I waited.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

197 Reviews

Reviews: 197
Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 pm
Jetpack says...

Lily

Before Lily could answer Sean, Alex Clarkson put out a call for all the Heads of Department to head to the conference room. Lily grinned with anticipation; she loved these meetings. They were never quite what she expected.

"Better get your iPod ready, Sean," she said, as he pulled his tangled earphones out of a pocket. "I know meetings aren't really your thing."

"I think I'll give her five minutes to interest me. You think that's fair?"

Lily nodded, still smiling. She'd never understood Sean's carefree attitude to work. She had to be involved at every step, and occasionally had to make sure she wasn't going overboard. Sean was an antidote to the competitive atmosphere of the office, always armed with a song and never without a joke.

"Well, I don't want to be late. I'll meet you there, okay? Save you a seat," she promised, and left the VP to deal with the numerous knots in his earphones. Inside, Lily was kicking herself, but she couldn't afford to be late to the first meeting with her CEO. Maybe a better person would've stayed with Sean regardless. At any rate, it was done now. He probably thought she was selfish; Lily wasn't altogether sure he'd be wrong.

The new conference room was smart, with a green and red theme that somehow made Lily crave apples. She searched through the seats until she found one labelled "President of Marketing". She was opposite Thea, which made her uncomfortable already, but fortunately she could see the card for Vice President of Building Staff, next but one to her. As it was a bit early, very few others seemed to have arrived, but Alex - Miss Clarkson - was already taking her seat. The reporters were gone, and suddenly she looked far more relaxed. Hopefully she would be just what Juvenile Inc needed.

Reviews: 1
Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:18 pm
Fox says...

Okay, I'm going to be gone today, and I have a feeling I'm going to miss a lot in this while I'm gone. Can someone please tell me what I missed when I get back. I don't want to drop out of this because I can't keep up! PLEASE?!?!?!
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Sun Aug 15, 2010 12:43 am
Kaywiia says...

Alex Clarkson-C.E.O.

Once everyone was seated, I looked around the room.

"Welcome, again, all of you, to the new Clarkson and Co. I have a feeling this company can go far, if we all work together. I want all of your opinions on things, and if you have a problem, please come talk to me. I want to hear your input."

A boy I recognized as Sean raised his hand, much like grade school , "There is a surprising lack of music."

"Fine." I took a remote out of my pocket, and turned on the stereo in the corner. A Kelly Clarkson song came on. I turned down the volume and continued, "Anyway, I have three main 'rules' for the company. Four, actually. One, again, if you have a problem you will come talk to me. Second, I want everyone to do what they feel is right when designing. Use your brain, you don't have to check with me if everything is right. It's your project. Third, I don't want any slackers. We are the first company in Ameica run by minors. We will not prove the adults right by running this company into the ground because of laziness. If your lazy, you get fired, end of story. My fourth rule, you will not stick gum under the staircase."

I looked right at Sean, "I'm looking at you, kid." Everyone burst out laughing, and I joined in. He mumbled something under his breath. I rolled my eyes. "Look, just don't do it, and we won't have an issue."

"I also would ask you to keep any hostility between us and Ennis Inc out of the media. The last thing we need is bad publicity. Now, I have a question for you, and I want your honest opinion. What do you think of the new building?"

57 Reviews

Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:22 am

My hand shot up first.

"Thea?"

"I love the style- modern chic? Mixed with something... hm... English elegance? Yeah, think that's it. Layout's effective too, each branch on its own floor; less hassle. It's all very modern, good, and the colors are great. People need to see what we're capable of when they walk in- you did that well. Oo, yay, Shinedown!" A very Pod answer, overall. (That was my nickname from some -Pod- President of Design.)

I took a deep breath and leaned back, my hands dropping back into my lap.

"Thank you, Thea. Nice nails."

I beamed and started tapping my heels again, swaying to Second Chance. Not my favorite, but a good one nevertheless. I hummed softly, fiddling with the little nameplate in front of me.

Eh, not a bad start for Clarkson and Co.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 pm
Kaywiia says...

Don't let this die...

Please immediately cease and desist from offering Bob any more coffees with peppermint sprinkles. Thank you.
— SilverNight