z

Young Writers Society

The Marked Ones

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:54 pm
SisterItaly says...

are we starting! *eyes glitter with hope*
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:02 pm
Fox says...

I like that idea ninja. And I do think that we should start now.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

66 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 pm
SisterItaly says...

Me squeels in excitement "CAN WE! can we can we can we can we! pleeeeeaaaaasssseee!" Gets on her knees and begs
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:07 pm
NinjaCookieMonster says...

Fine, fine! I'll start! *is excited*
hey, Jude, don't make it bad
take a sad song and make it better
remember to let it into your heart
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

"Not vampires, fish from space."

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:29 pm

Kylie

I swayed to the music blasting in my ears. Music centered me, reigned in the bursts of sound that threatened to explode from me at any time. I spotted a man in an Italian suit at a corner. Operation Throwback is a go.

I made doe eyes and walked up to the man. "Excuse me, sir? I'm with the Free Hugs association. Would you like a hug?" I said in a bubbly voice. He opened his arms. I hugged him and reached my hand around to his back pocket and slowly, carefully, eased his wallet out.

I threw it in a high arc over my head backwards. As the man shouted for the police, I ran under my arc and caught the wallet. Clutching it to my chest I ran a few blocks before rounding into an alley. I counted the money, and beaming, pocketed it all.

I was about to climb up to the roof when a man in all white clothing stepped in front of me. "004, return to the Institute with us." he said mechanically. I froze. I whipped around, hoping to escape back to the street. But they had me surrounded, at least a dozen to one. I bit back an oath and glared at them. "I'm not going back." I said simply, inching closer to the street. The inched with me.

I knew what I had to do.

I punched my fist straight forward. A sound like far off thunder resounded in the alley, and the men collapsed as my sonic boom passed over them.

I started running. I don't know how far I had run- a mile? Two? when I ran straight into someone. As I scrambled to my feet, I caught a glimpse of their neck. My heart leapt.

They were branded with a dark x.

Just like me.

*could be anyone*
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

66 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:52 pm
SisterItaly says...

CARLEY

My second me ran down the other ally, the man from the institute following close behind. I smirked and took off the other way. When i knew i was a safe distance away i would evaporate the clone. I smirked and created a third me. She ran right beside me.
"You were lonely i take it?" I smirked at her.
"Oh most definitely. Care to run with me?" She smiled back, god i loved myself.
"But of course." We ran down the ally, but she ran into a dumpster. I sighed. Still no control over them.
"I guess I'll take you off for now." She shook her head and begged me to let her stay. But with a snap of my fingers she was gone. I continued to run, and bumped right into someone, my hair moving off of my neck, exposing the X, the one thing my clones didn't have. I saw the mark on her and gasped.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Kylie

I managed to stop beaming after a few seconds. "You're Marked," I said rather dumbly.

"Uh huh."

I cleared my throat and pulled her into an alley. "What can you do?" I asked.

"I can make more of me. I mean, like, duplicates. You?"

"I manipulate sound." She lifted her eyebrow. I held up a finger. I jammed my heel forward. The air rippled, and a crack split down the alley.

"Oh! So like, shock waves and stuff?"

"Among other things, yes." She bit her lip.

"Do you think we could, well, stay together? I mean, now that we know there are more, shouldn't we stick together? Two heads are better than one, right?" I paused. It actually sounded like an okay plan.

"Are you cool with stealing, sleeping in not great conditions and or killing?"

"Not necessarily, but if it means together..." She took a deep breath and nodded. I shook her hand.

"Welcome to the crew,uh..."

"Carley."

"Well, welcome to the crew of two, Carley. I'm Kylie."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

66 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:17 pm
SisterItaly says...

CARLEY

I smiled, taking a deep breath and evaporating second me. I looked at her.
"crew of two," I held three fingers up. Then made a second me appear "Or three." I lifted another finger and made another me appear "Or four. I stood up and held up all my fingers. "Or as many as we want." I made twelve Me's appear. She shook her head.
"I get it." She said loudly over the chattering of the other Me's "Now make them go away!" I sighed, breathing in deep and evaporating them all. I wondered where they went when i poofed them out.
"Now where are we off to?" smiled at her. Skipping down the ally. She didn't follow.
"Not that way." I sighed. I would just let her lead then.

The Book.

57 Reviews

Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:25 pm

Poor girl. Didn't know her way around the alleyways like I did. I jerked my head towards the street. She followed me out.

"Rule numero uno," I said. "Alleys are for quick hideaways and occasional sleeping places, not traveling. Streets are always the better way of traveling. Better opportunities." I could tell she wanted to ask what for, but she kept her mouth closed. I was glad; I didn't want to upset her with another reference to my criminal ways.

Ha, that sounds funny, "criminal ways".

Oh! Right! Streets! Sorry.

"That why you like the city?"

"Because there's lots of streets?" She giggled and rolled her eyes.

"Because of the music. Y'know, the sounds." I smiled.

"Yup."

She smiled and hummed a little melody.

You know what? This girl might be alright.
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:37 am
Light_Devil! says...

Setji

He watched the streets from his seat. Gazing at all the people walking pass, dismissing him, thinking they were better than everyone else. This sense of normality was odd to Setji. He wasn't used to being able to sit down in the gutter and pretend to be homeless. It was... almost refreshing.

A smile popped onto his face as he began to calculate the income of each person. A man walked by, high class business suit, thick black business briefcase. New target. He got up slowly, complaining about nonexistant aches and pains. And watched as the man sneered at him. He blinked. Even when he wasn't at his "home" there were still people like his family. Degenerate scum who looked down on normal people.

Setji's mouth contorted in a growl as he squeezed his hands into tightly clenched fists and he scrunched his eyes closed. The anger activated his power. It wasn't always anger, sometimes it was happiness, or sadness. But most of the time it was anger, or hate. The strength of his skill flowed through his veins, pumping his blood faster and faster. Slowly exciting his atoms. When his whole body was tingling he knew it was time.

Setji flashed his eyes open. Time to punish scum. The businessman was slow - very, very slow. His step could've started at least half a minute ago, for now it was just reaching the floor. Setji stepped towards him, then infront of him. And Setji stood there. A smile popped onto his face as he decided what he was going to do.

The man continued to move in slow motion, unaware of the human standing in front of him. Setji moved quickly, darting two fingers towards the mans neck. He would feel that instantly. As the man began to register than pain on his face, his mouth slowly slipping into a hurt frown Setji dug his fingers into a pressure point at the man's stomach. The man's fingers drifted apart from the suitcase. Setji snatched it out of its path.

He smiled. There was so much more he wanted to do. But he could feel his limit. It would soon start to age him. He frowned and began to run away. He was finally down an alley when he deactivated his power. A give-away flash of light blasted from him, but dispersed almost instantly. It was science; when atoms are excited their electrons jump into higher energy levels, but when they lose the fuel to keep them there they have to get rid of the excess energy - so they let loose a photon for every energy shell they jumped.

Setji wasn't aware of his energy state limits yet. When he was at the University, they told him his atoms could jump into a state of the electrons being one energy level away from their usual outer one. He smiled. He was going to have to try harder.

It was sitting crouched in an alleyway trying to open the breif case when two, possibly three girls came across him.

___

(I was initially hoping to be part of the group, but seeing as the person below me, probably didn't realise, I'll just have mine happening after you meet her character.)
Last edited by Light_Devil! on Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:52 am
ToritheMonster says...

Lolli-

(and I'm jumping into ninjacookie and allmixedups conversation)

Gah. Loud noises. Loud, loud noises. I rubbed the crust out of my eyes, my hands coming away black. Hm. I should probably perform my weekly eyeliner change. Once my stupid head stopped hurting. I groaned. Who was talking. I glanced out at the crack between the two buildings. Two girls were yammering in the street. I tohugh I recognized one. I sat up a bit. Ow. Head rush. I felt a lump in my pocket. Oh, goody. A shot of.. something. I downed it, and the pain in my head was reduced to a dull throb. I looked back at the two girls. Yeah, I definitely recognized that one. Kyle? Kylan? kylie. Seemed more like it. I hadn't met her, but I heard her name- seen her around. I crawled out from under my plastic bag and walked out to the street. They turned.Hm. They both had X s on the backs of their necks. I lifted my hair and showed them mine. Hm. I needed to dye it again. The blue was fading. "So... what're you two. Wait. Scratch that. I need a washcloth." I snapped at one of them, and she handed me one, in a daze. I rubbed the crap off my face. "You. Eyeliner." I said, and the Kylie girl handed me a stick. I drew it on, and let the daze snap, the liner stick dizzolving to nothing in my hand, the washcloth dissapearing on the ground. Both girls blinked. "What the hell just happened?" Snapped Kylie. Or whatever her name was. " That's what I do. Oh .Hm. You don't remember. Yeah, it's my power. I make people do stuff... for me. You just gave me eyeliner. But it all dissapear after I stop."
"I swear, if you ever do that again-" started one of them. I honestly couldn't tell who was talking to me at one point.
"Look. I just woke up, and I'm about to pass out again. Can you just... tell me who the hell you are? So I'll at least know what to do?" I said. I was probably slurring by now.
"Kylie." said the girl who I had correctly identified. "Carley." said the other one, glaring. "Fabulous. I'm Lolli. Whatdoyado?" I mumbled.

"Sound manipulation." She said, raising her hand t demonstrate. "Please don't. My poor ears will bleed." I said, stopping her. "And you?" I said, turning to Carley. "I clone myself." She said.

"Great. So, I'm going to follow you. Because I have nothing else to do. And I can definitely help you." I said. "Wait a second." I walked off a couple of yards, and stopped some old lady with a shopping cart. "Advil." I said.She handed me a jar, and I downed five dry. I handed it back and set her back to normal. I walked back over. "So, what do you say? Not that I'm giving you a choice." I said.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:37 am
Jas says...

Nova

"She's reacting positively to the new serum"

She lay near the tree, hands over her head, screaming, trying to block the voices out.

"Take his energy. Now!" A man in a long white doctor coat yelled at her through the small microphone, his face a bright red from fury. The man was screaming in pain, his brown hair disheveled, standing but doubled over at the stomach.

She was young then, maybe eight or nine. Her light brown eyes were filled with tears that threatened to fall, one already had slipped out.

"B-but it will kill him. He's already weak from the pain you made me give him" The scientist stormed over to the door of her locked room and wrenched it open. He strode over to where she stood and slapped her hard on her face.

She fell on her back, holding her hand to her cheek, the tears falling freely, while he said the next part.

"You are nothing. You will do as I say or you will die."

The memory finished and she blacked out, gone from the world for God knows how long.

~You guys can find Nova, see the x and take her in, I guess :D~
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:23 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Would it be too late to join?
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

57 Reviews

Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:41 am

Kylie:

I glanced over at Lolli. I wanted her to snap out of it. I needed to use my powers-nooooowww- but I wasn't about to mess with her when she was hungover. We were in the park now, and I had managed to block all sound from Lolli's ears. We were passing a thick tree when I heard a strangled whimper. I turned around and found myself looking at a girl curled up against the trunk. Her head was turned so her neck was exposed and-

Are you serious?

Another one?

Ha! Sweet!

I held my hand out to her, twisting my head around so she saw my mark. "Are you alright?" I asked her softly. Lolli winced.

"Ooooowww....noise...." I shot her a glare as the girl took my hand.

The girl nodded, knuckling her eyes. "Who are you?"

I smiled sympathetically. I was in the same state after I first tried my powers outside the Institute. I shivered as I remembered.

I cried out, holding my hands over my ears. "Please!" I shouted. "I need sound!"

"Then make it, 004!" A man in a lab coat shouted. My body was thrown against the wall. Red spots danced across my field of vision, and anger built up in my veins. I stood and lifted my hands straight out, level with my eyes.

"Boom." I had said, in a voice so cold it was terrifying. The room had collapsed around me. I escaped that day, and all who tried to stop me fell to the ground as soon as a wavering ripple passed over them.

"I'm Kylie," I said, still softly. "I can manipulate sound. This is Carley, she clones herself. And that-" I pointed at Lolli- "Is Lolli. She's a little... hungover right now. She... bends wills, I guess."

The girl nodded and granted me a small smile. "I'm Nova." she said, shaking mine and Carley's hand. Lolli just moaned again, both hands firmly on her temples. "I steal energy."

I grinned. "Cool. Now let's get a move on; Lolli needs time and we need out. Institutaries are here, somewhere. I can feel it."
then you can start
to make it better.

~make books, not war~

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Jun 20, 2010 6:05 am
Light_Devil! says...

Setji

Setji had finally managed to open the briefcase and was rifling through the items when he realised he could hear people talking. He had escaped to an alley just down the road of park and the sounds of girls speaking wafted over to him.

He frowned, they were getting louder. Great, wonderful, he thought. He couldn't even use his power yet because his atoms weren't at their correct energy levels yet. He let out a sigh. Then stood and attempted to walk pass them quietly. They stared at him. It was strange.

He felt as if... as if he knew that glare. Attempting not to meet their looks he looked to the floor and saw a puddle. He froze. It was the reflection in the puddle. His eyes. His glare. The same look of pain and confusion. He turned back and realised they had began to walk away. He didn't pause to think. This might help him in the long run.

So he sprinted after them, "Hey! Hey, wait!"

They stopped and turned. As he ran he took the sight of them in. One of them looked drunk, the other looked at though they had just woken up and the other two didn't look their best. He sighed inwardly. What was he getting himself mixed up into? As he finally reached them, he turned his back and dragged his shirt down, "Does this mean anything to you?"

The X was clear as day.
Dynamic Duo AWAY!!!

A computer once beat me at chess. It was no match for me at kick boxing.

"I wish Homer was my father," - Ned's son.
"And I wish you didn't have Satan's curly red hair," - Ned Flanders.

You cannot understand and disagree.
— P. D. Ouspensky