z

Young Writers Society

Camp YWS

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon May 17, 2010 8:18 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Raven
I walked to dinner beside Emily my guitar hitting my side. We reached the hall and it seemed like everyone else was here waiting for the speaker. I sat on the ground my guitar in my lap I leaned my back against a post watching everyone walk around and talk.I sighed and started to play and sing "Headstrong." By Trapt praying that everyone was to busy to notice. "Circling your, circling your, circling your head,
Contemplating everything you ever said
Now I see the truth, I got doubt
A different motive in your eyes and now I’m out
See you later
I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold
See inside, inside of our heads (yeah)
Well now that’s over
I see your motives inside, decisions to hideFuck!)
Back off I’ll take you on
Headstrong to take on anyone
I know that you are wrong
Headstrong we’re headstrong
I know that you are wrong and this is not where you belong
I can’t give everything away
I won’t give everything away
Conclusions manifest, your first impressions got to be your very best
I see you’re full of shit, and that’s alright
That’s how you play, I guess you’ll get through every night
Well now that’s over
I see your fantasy, you want to make it a reality paved in gold
See inside, inside of our heads (yeah)
Well now that’s over
I see your motives inside, decisions to hide

Chorus:]
(Fuck!)
I won’t give everything away
I know, I know all about
I know, I know all about
I know, I know all about
I know, I know all about your motives inside, and your decision to hide
Fuck!)
I won’t give everything away." I finished playing and smiled happily. I loved that song and I loved playing and singing it even more.
Last edited by Ladyofthedeathroses on Tue May 18, 2010 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon May 17, 2010 10:02 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Izzy:

Everyone's chatter rung in my ears as we waited. The girls were already a little cliquey so I just moved onto the group of guys booming with laughter. When I stood next to one of them they all looked me over. "Hi, I'm Izzy." I said to them all.
Live, Love, Laugh

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Tue May 18, 2010 5:36 am
darkangel_05 says...

Will

The sound of the bell woke me up, only to realize it's supper. Oh no, I thought. Cabin B doesn't have a name yet!

I set my thoughts aside, and try to get to the hall as soon as possible. I'm always late for dinner, even at home. When I reached the hall, I walked to the nearest corner and sat. It seems that the speaker isn't around here yet.

I can't wait for dinner to be over.
Sometimes B sharp,
Never B flat,
Always B natural.

I love writing songs and listening to music and books and daydreaming and coffee at five in the morning.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Mon May 24, 2010 8:03 pm
ArahniaSiddel says...

Is this storybook dead? I probably should not post what the speaker said because I am awful at speeches!

262 Reviews

Reviews: 262
Mon May 24, 2010 8:07 pm
ultraviolet says...

I don't think anyone really took to the idea. I mean, we need more boys if this were to go anywhere. Unless we miraculously get more characters, I think this is dead.
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

12 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 8:45 pm

I'd be willing to try to post for the speaker I'm not half bad at speeches.

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 9:06 pm
ultraviolet says...

Sure. Why not? Oh, and guys, want to tell your friends about this? If we could get enough people, I think this could go good. :)
"Blah blah blah. You feel trapped in your life. Here is what I am hearing: happiness isn't worth any inconvenience."

~asofterworld.com

12 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Raven
"Hello campers." A cheeful voice said. I turned towards the voice and saw a woman standing in front of everyone her face arranged in such a bright smile that I was shocked that no one had sunglasses. "Welcome to Camp YWS. This is a writing camp but there are other activities you can join in. I hope all of you form long lasting bonds and friendships. Ok now everyone who has their cabin names please come up here and hand them to me." One person from every cabin walked up and handed papers to her. "Oh and my name is Councelar Dee. Oh and one more thing there is going to be a camp wide talent show soon so get ready to show us what your made of."

262 Reviews

Mon May 24, 2010 9:52 pm
ultraviolet says...

Emily

I walked up to counselor Dee and handed her my slip.Purble Place. I smiled at the thought of my little kiddish name.

When I got back to my table--which I sat at alone, because they were sorted by cabin--she announced the talent show. What would I do? I suppose I could do something with writing, though everyone was bound to do that, this being a writing camp and all. Sing, maybe? Maybe not. As a writer I am strongly against cliches, and singing in a talent contest is a pretty high ranking one. I'd have to think about that one.

As I finished my dinner--chicken, peas, and potatoes--counselor Dee's voice rang through the Mess Hall again.

"Now, I shall announce the names of the cabins. Cabin A...."

>Guys, I seriously need the names. If I don't get them soon, I'll make some up on my own, whether or not you like them.<

~asofterworld.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 43
Tue May 25, 2010 12:50 am
NepoGirl says...

Name: Sophitia (Sophie) Lovetta Stone

Cabin: D!

Appearance: In URL below.

Picture: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b135/AnimeLady/Anime%20Girls/blondebluegirl.jpg

Personality: Loud, brash, and annoying. She loves to push people’s buttons and tease her friends. She may seem insensitive at times, but is kind and caring.

Dislikes: Liars and cheaters.

Up for love: Bring it!

Other: Only came to Camp YWS because she failed English.

SOPHIE!

I was late.

It was obvious. Aside from the lady who gave me my cabin, I hadn’t seen anyone while I dashed across the grounds of the extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely large camp grounds. I really don’t get why they have such a large camp grounds if their main focus is writing. I hate writing, plain and simple.

Writing to me was boring. My English teacher, Mrs. Delgato, forced us to write a short story every week. It was such a bore. She didn’t even teach! Just gave assignments and graded papers. She was a batty old woman, long greasy hair with wrinkles everywhere on her face. She’s the reason why I’m forced to go to this stupid camp.

Once I reached Cabin D, I opened the wooden door, chucked my yellow duffel bag on the single bed, and ran back to the dining hall I had seen earlier. The camp itself looked old. All the buildings were cracked and worn, paint peeling off the sides and ivy growing on the walls.

Reaching the dining hall, which looked exactly like everything else, I slammed the door open and tumbled inside. In the tables, dozens of eyes were staring at me, blinking repeatedly as if they were trying to comprehend why I was there. Standing on the small stage, a young women who was absolutely stunning had her mouth agape.

“Err----- Am I interrupting something?” I asked hesitantly.

SOPHIE!

New character here! Ultraviolet asked me to join and ta-da! Please treat me nicely!
This Months Disney Film: Beauty And The Beast

~Is It Wrong That I Find The Beast More Attractive As An Actual Beast Then His Human Prince Form?

262 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 12:59 am
ultraviolet says...

Emily

A blonde girl about my age ran into the dining hall, panting. Counselor Dee looked irritated that she was interrupted. The blonde girl slid next to me at the table.

"You're in Cabin D?" I asked.

"Yup," she said, still breathing heavily.

"Funny, I thought I didn't have any roommates."

"Late entry," she said. "I was failing English, so my parents made me come here. I'm Sophhie, by the way."

"Emily," I said. "Hope you don't mind, I named our cabin Purble Place."

She just laughed. Somehow I thought I was going to like this girl. You know, other than the fact that she hated writing. Which was practically criminal.

~asofterworld.com

48 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:07 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

We need more guys!

Lizbeth

I completely zoned out when the speaker mentioned the talent show. What should I do? I could read a poem. Or maybe I could hula-hoop. When I was 10 I had wished so desperately to hula-hoop in a show. I had actually gotten pretty good watching hula-hoopers on YouTube then mimicking their every move. I had learned lots of different styles.

My thoughts were pulled away when a girl walked in. She was holding a bunch of papers.

“Err----- Am I interrupting something?” She said fiddling with her duffle bag. I had to bite my lip to keep from laughing. She must have been late. This girl was getting off to a quirky start.

12 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 1:09 am

I continued to sit with my back against the pole. I hated this part of camp I had no where to sit. I grabbed my food and sat back down on the ground I sighed in irritation and started to eat.

48 Reviews

Tue May 25, 2010 4:15 am
ArahniaSiddel says...

I know I know, I was just saying we should start up again. I just found out that my laptop will be gone in about a week and I won't have much time on the Internet anymore. Maybe enough time to be a small character in one or two storybooks so I thought I should pull out before we get far into this . . . . Sorry ..

A. S.

When your heart gets pierced with arrows, don't rip them out and pierce those around you in retribution for your hurt. You'll only unnecessarily wound others and bleed to death yourself.
— LadyMysterio