z

Young Writers Society

Crimson Passion

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:52 am
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun tried to cut off all sense of smell as he gently picked her up and laid her on the couch turning towards the attacker, he would have to explain this all to Aunt Laurie after it was over. She had to see the other vamp's fangs, he knew just simply telling Ettabell it was an intruder would subdue her even though he hated lying to her. The vampire's eyes were red as he started to charge after Ettabell. Shaun lunged at him shoving him out of the house.

"Lock the doors, Laurie!" He yelled at Ettabell's aunt. He slammed his fist into the guy's head and then grabbed a stake that was close by. He slammed it down on the guys heart and watched him desentigrate. He stood up and acted like he drug a body away and stayed away for an hour. He wanted it to seem like he took the guy to jail or something. He hated staying away, but he knew it was for the best. When he finally ran back he knocked on the door timidly and Aunt Laurie opened the door stepping out and closing it again.

"Explain now!" She demanded in a hushed voice. Shaun ran a hand through his hair and sighed.

"It's a long story, come on." He motioned her toward the gazebo and she followed. She sat down and looked at him while he sat across from her.

"I know what that was, I know what you are." She said. "I know you won't harm us, you settled that in my mind when you were right next to her blood and did nothign but protect her."

"I would never hurt her. I would never hurt either of you." He said looking down and running a hand through his hair. "I don't know why he came here, but he'll never be back."

"Stakes?"

"Yes."

"Let's go make sure Ettabell is ok, we wrapped her arm up and I'm sure she'll want company." Laurie smiled.

"Thank you, I'd understand if you didn't trust me now."

"I've known you sense you were a kid, I trust you boy." SHe smiled kissing his cheek then walking to the house. He smiled and followed hurrying over to Ettabell.

"Are you ok?" He asked softly.
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:03 am
Bleeding Rose says...

I opened my blind eyes.

"Yes, I am fine," I said. "What was that?" I asked curiously. I knew it was no normal human.

"It was an intruder. He was just a retard," Shaun replied. I sat up.

"He tried to choke me," I whispered stroking my hand against my neck where the image his fingers were imprinted. I felt Shaun's hands touch my neck too. I cringed at first, but the pain died down.

"Did he hurt you anywhere else?" Shaun asked. I nodded. I pulled up my leg and traced my hand against the mark he left on my ankle. Shaun's cold hand was on my ankle in a nano second. It was so soothing. His hand was so soft. I turned my head to him. I saw a sudden glimpse of him. It was fast, but it seemed like it lasted forever. I placed my hand on his face again. I felt him jerk his head up from examining my ankle.

"I love you, too, Shaun," I said.
Rite 2 meh lyk dis...and I shoot you.~Unknown
I'm the future of America. Be afraid. Be very afraid~Unknown
If you're blonde and you know it clap your hands *Snap* *snap*
If you're reading this...you're finished reading.

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:07 am
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun smiled and tucked some hair behind her ear. "Sorry he hurt you, I tried to keep him away."

"Not your fault." She smiled softly. He glowered at the marks on her neck and her ankle. He stroked her jawline and then touched her lips softly.

"What are you going to paint or draw next?" He asked iwth a smile trying ot pull his focus away from her silky smooth lips or the marks on her ankle and neck.

*Grr*
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:17 am
Bleeding Rose says...

**Ooh, silky smooth**

I didn't know. It would probably be the kiss that just happend. I know it was little, but still. Shaun kissed me!

"What just happend. The kiss," I whispered. I sensed a smile spread across his lips.

"Now, take me to my painting room," I said smiling, holding out my hand. He helped me up.

"It is like three in the morning! Are you really going to paint?" he asked. I nodded.

"I'm blind. My eyes don't do much work. I don't need sleep. You can watch if you want," I said already halfway to the little room. He was behind me holding my waist. A shiver of nervousness went down my spine. I walked into the room and replaced the painted canvas with a new one, a clean one. I brushed my hand across it and went to finding my brush. I picked it out.

"Shaun? Will you come over here and lead my hand to the color....brown?" I asked. He was soon guiding by brush. I smoothed the brush across the canvas. I made sure that the canvas still had its white in the places that it needed it. I smiled as my hand went so softly over the white cloth.

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:27 am
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun watched her trace the invisible lines of the picture and watched it come to life. It looked like someone had taken a picture and she was just copying it with the paint. When she finished he just stared at it.

"It's amazing." He whispered against her ear. "He traced around the edges of the canvas sense it was still wet.

"Really?"She breathed.

"Really, it's incrediable. I've never seen anything like it. I mean it's so real." He smiled. "You never drew yourself dancing in teh rain/." he teased staring at the picture.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:40 am
Bleeding Rose says...

"I know," I said smiling. I stared into the blankness of my eyes. I took the dried canvas that I had painted on before and handed it to Shaun.

"You painted this? It looks just like me," he whispered. My smile grew bigger. I was so happy that he liked them.

"Did I get your hair right?" I asked. I had worried about it. I sensed a nod.

"Yeah. Yeah, you did," he said still staring at it. I heard his fingers run across the canvas. I stood and he put down the canvas. He came over to me and held me up.

"I wish it was still raining," I whispered.

"Why?" he asked.

"So we could dance again," I said smiling.

"Who said we can't dance now?" Shaun said. I yawned and stretched.

"I'm tired," I said. I closed my eyes and was immediately sent to my dreams. My sweet, beautiful dreams.

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:47 am
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun caught her as she fell asleep and he gently picked her up carrying her to her room and laying her down locking the windows tightly.

"Shaun, I called your parents I asked them to let you stay here. They said it was ok." Laurie said walking in. He nodded. "Do they know?"

"Yes." He replied. "But please don't tell them you know." He smiled at her. "It's supposed to be a seceret."

"I won't, I'd really feel better if you stayed in here and watched her."

"I don't sleep, Laurie, I"ll be making sure no one comes in." He replied kssing her forhead and steering her towards her room. "Sleep, you'll be fine."
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:42 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

~The Next Day(Morning)~

I woke and stretched my arms. I yawned a big one and opened my eyes. My arm was sore, very sore. I looked down at it seeing nothing. I sighed as I remembered that I was blind. Then I remembered what had ahppend last night. I arched myself up on my elbows.

"Shaun?" I asked. I felt his hand on my back to help me sit up all of the way.

"I'm right here," he said. I smiled and stood up on my own. I walked to the bathroom so I could take a shower. I felt very greasy.

"Can you put some towels on the....toilet?" I asked. I felt his nod and his quick chuckle. I heard the door open and a bunch of things fall out.

"Oh, shit," Shaun mumbled.

"What was that?" I questioned. I heard him trip and come back up.

"I have your towels," he said. I laughed. He put them in the bathroom and I heard the door close. I sighed and turned on the fosset. I listened to the water hit the bottom of the tub. I felt for the plug hole and dug the bath plug into it. I slipped my shirt over my head. Then I un buckled my pants and took them off. Then, it was my undergarments. I eased myself into the tub. It was so warm and felt great against my stressed skin. I felt for the bandage around my arm and removed it soaking it in the water along with the rest of my body. I turned on my bath radio and listened to my rock station.

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:54 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun cleaned up the mess he had made in the closet then sat outside the door of the bathroom listening to the station she was listening to and her soft voice humming along. He soon felt bad about listening in and he got up walking down the stairs to the kitchen where Aunt Laurie was.

"Morning, Shauny boy." She smiled at him.

"Morning, Laurie." He smiled. "Sure smells good."

"So, tell me what is myth and truth about you?" Laurie said cooking eggs.

"Sun doesn't hurt me unless I'm in it for long periods of time, then it'll be like putting a dimond in the sun, not a good thing. I can eat food, but I have to find a way to get it out of my system. I feed off animals, not people, I don't know if any other thing like me can do that." He smiled watching her cook.

"So, sun doesn't hurt you? But stakes do?"

"Yes, it's kinda like soemthign that will even out the playing feild a little. I also can't go in people's houses without being invited, I odn't know how that other one did last night unless he has been here before." Shaun replied. He smelled Ettabell getting closer and he motioned towards her room. "Someoen is done in the shower."
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:13 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

I used the towel to scrunch my hair as I walked into the kitchen.

"Smells good," I said. I sensed her smile so I smiled back. I felt Shaun's presence behind me. I had forgotten he was here. I was only in a towel. I screamed and ran into the hall then down it to the dressing room slamming the door behind me. I heard them laugh and I was laughing so hard that I swear I would pee myself. I dressed quickly and was back out there smelling the food that was torturing my mouth. I sat down on the floor. I could never find the couch for some reason.

"Would you like to sit on the couch?" Shaun asked. I laughed.

"Yes. I would be sitting on it now if it didn't hide from me," I said. Shaun helped me up being gentle on my arm. I sunk into the cushions. I heard Shaun ruffle around in the kitchen and walk back onto the wood flooring of the main room.

"Here, we need to wrap that back up," he said picking up my arm gently. He carefully wrapped the bandage around my arm. I cringed as he did this. It stung a little, but I cringed at a pain in my neck. It felt as if something was hitting the inside of my neck trying to get out. I picked up my left hand and grasped my neck. I quickly put my hand down before Shaun could see. I smiled because it felt as if he was doing the same. He helped me up and led me to the dining room. I sat in my chair as he pulled it out and I heard the legs screech across the floor. We ate in silence. Finally the long breakfast was over. I rushed off to my painting room and Shaun stayed behind to help clean up. I had touched the paint and the pain came back. It wasn't tapping as lightly as it was last time. It was now beating rapidly. I grasped my neck multiple times trying to stop this throbbing pain. Then all movement in my body stopped. I was paralyzed for an instant and I screamed as the pain came back, worse. I fell to the ground and I heard plates crash to the ground and the thundering of feet charge into the hallway on the way to the room I was in. I felt Shaun's cold hands searching for a pulse. I tried to speak telling him that I was fine, but not a word came out.

110 Reviews

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:29 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun looked at her surprised.

"What hurts, Bell?" He begged. She couldn't say anything as she wiggled in pain. He searched her neck for a bite mark but it wasn't there. He gently touched her neck, there were a ton of knots in it. "Relax, your making it worse." He said gently holding her down.

"What's wrong with her?" Laurie asked.

"When the guy grabbed her neck her muscles tensed up so much their spasing now." He replied picking her up and holding her tight against his chest keeping her still but not to tight. "Relax, Bells, please just relax." He said softly. She slowly started to stop the spasms and he held her close watching the tears that rolled down her face.

"Shaun, it hurts." She whimpered.

"I know, just relax, once it stops I"ll try to work the knots out of your neck." He replied softly.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:53 pm
Bleeding Rose says...

I swear that I had fallen asleep. It didn't matter because the pain was gone once my eyes opened. I was staring into the darkness. For some reason, the darkness seemed...lighter. It was grey other than black. I felt a warmness against my nose. I nuzzled against it and whispered.

"This is soft...it feels good," I said. I heard a chuckle. It was, of course, Shaun. I smiled.

"Okay, now that you are up, I must leave. My parents are going to yell at me if I am gone for two day's," Shaun said. I nodded and he placed me on the couch that I could never find. For some reason I felt as if he was lying. I wondered if Shaun ever really does go home or if he ever really does get in trouble. I wanted to stand, but I felt a sting from my neck. It was the marks that the intruder had left on me. I rubbed my neck and stayed seated. There was no way that I was going to risk myself without Shaun here to save me. Aunt Laurie can't do anything but cook and bandage me. She isn't that bright when it comes to a life and death situation. The sting became bigger then it left. I sat on the couch staring into the...grayness. I was happy that it was a shade lighter. I wish that I could just have like a blind eye profile where I can rearrange the colors that I see everyday. I sat until the darkness came again. I felt a disturbance among the home. I heard plates crash to the ground. I jumped then I heard Aunt Laurie's voice.

"Sorry! My bad," she said. I settled back into my spot and then I was seeing out of someone else's eyes again. It was so weird and I felt as if I was that person. I was watching someone. I didn't recognize the person. I just stared blankly. It was pitch black though. There were no colors. Black and gray were the only ones and those aren't categorized as colors in my mind. It was so weird. I swear that I could feel the wind in my face.

"Aunt Laurie?" I called waiting for a reply. I couldn't move because I was shocked at what was happening.

"Yes," she said.

"Is it windy tonight?" I asked still glued to my spot.

"Um, yeah. It will get windier tonight. Late, though," she said. I finally came out of the gaze. It just blocked me out all together. I was really seeing. But not out of my eyes. I frowned at this. I decided to ask Aunt Laurie about my blindness. I walked cautiously into the kitchen.

"Tell me the story of how I lost my sight, please. I would very much appreciate it," I said placing my chin on the palm of my hand, my elbow on the counter.

"Alright," she said. It sounded as if she was wiping her hands with a towel. Then, she started.

"It was a December evening. We were all: Shaun, me, you, your uncle, your mother, your father, and Shaun's parents, around the Christmas tree having a great time. We had the ornaments out and everyone was hanging them. You and Shaun were having the time of your lives. Y'all were singing carols, laughing at jokes, horse playing, everything that good friends do. Shaun was so happy. He went to hang up a green glass ball on the Christmas Tree. Your uncle and father were in a fight and shoving each other and one of them hit Shaun's elbow causing him to drop the ball. The ball shattered into a million pieces and you had looked up in just enough time to have a chunk of glass shove through your right eye. You screamed in pain while holding your eye. Shaun held you in his arms trying to quiet you while your father and uncle didn't care. They kept fighting until blood met yours. It was a whole two hours until we had loaded the car to take you to the hospital. It was three hours until we got there and then another hour before we had gotten a room. It was a horrible evening. That caused your family break-up. That caused your blindness." Aunt Laurie had finished. I nodded in acknowledgement.

"I have one question though," I said.

"What is it, Ettabell?" Aunt Laurie questioned.

"How did both of my eyes become blind?"

"What?" Aunt Laurie said confused.

"You said that I had looked up to have a chunk of glass shove through my right eye. You never said anything about my left eye. Why is it blind?" I asked curious for more information. Aunt Laurie sighed.

"You may not believe this, darling, but it was your mother who had blinded your left eye. She said that you looked stupid with one colored eye and one pale eye. She said that she was horrified of your appearance. Don't worry about it though. Your mother was a rude, selfish, perfectionist. This is why she went away," Aunt Laurie said. I felt a tear roll softly down my cheek. I wiped it away and turned to paint.

After the painting was done, I called in Life. He had been pretty quiet. I heard his little feet scurry across the floor. I had painted a girl. I had painted a girl that had been crucified on a metal cross. She was pale skinned and had white hair and a white dress. Basically, she was nothing but white. Then, there was the crimson color of the blood. I had painted this painting with as much passion and talent as I could ever do. I was satisfied even though I couldn't see it. I imagined it was beautiful. I imagined that the girl was me. This is how I felt. I felt used, broken, and just plain horrible. I felt like bursting into tears right now. I felt like just breaking down, but then I decided not too. Because some find a beauty in a breakdown...I know I do.

110 Reviews

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:09 am
TNCowgirl says...

Shaun ran home quickly and stepped through the door as his family was eating breakfast.

"Where were you last night?" His father asked as he dished some eggs up for Shaun's mother.

"At Ettabell's, they had an intruder of the fang baring type." He replied sitting across from his father and smiling a little.

"I thought they couldn't come in uninvited?" His mother asked smiling at him.

"I haven't figured that one out yet." He replied with a shrug. "He won't be coming back though."

"Laurie ask you to stay?" His father asked.

"Ya, they were both pretty shaken up. Laurie knows now, I couldn't prevent it. But Ettabell doesn't, she's pretty beat up though, the vamp got ahold of her neck. He didn't bite it, just about choked her though."

"Oh my, why aren't you still there?" His mother gasped.

"I thought maybe y'all would want an explanation." He replied with a smile. "I'll go over there in an hour or so so that she doesn't think I'm babying her." His father laughed shaking his head.

"But you do baby her, you have ever sense she lost her sight, which wasn't your fault."

"That's opinionated." Shaun replied standing up. "I better get back." He turned to the door and headed back to Ettabell's house.
Want a Readers crit???

Random avatar

Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:26 am
Bleeding Rose says...

I was painting when I heard Shaun come through the main room door. I gasped and threw the painting down. I knew it would ruin it but I didn't want Shaun to see this one. This one was special. I hurried to put the crucified girl on the canvas holder. I heard his footsteps in the hall. It sounded like he was on his tippy toes. I heard his walking stop.

"Well, are you just going to stand there or are you going to come in?" I asked. I waited for his reply. I had already figured that it was going to be "How did you know that I was here?"

"How did you know that I was here?" Shaun asked. I giggled to myself.

"Just sensed it. So, look at this painting. Do you like it?" I asked. I smiled as I smelled his natural scent as he passed me to get the painting. I listened as his fingers scratched across the painted cloth, examining every detail, well the noticable ones anyway.

"It's beautiful. How did you-" Shaun stopped himself. He always got the same answer in return anyway so it would be useless to ask me the same question...again. All I could do was smile. I heard the canvas hit the metal holder. It came all too suddenly. His face was against mine in an instant. I felt the sparks fly through me. I wrapped my hands around his neck as he had his hands on the table that I was sitting at to hold himself up. I felt his tongue slide into my mouth. It felt so...right.

**Take it from there TNCowgirl!

110 Reviews

Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:43 am
TNCowgirl says...

***ew ew ew ew ew ew ew (((Stops childish tantrum))) I had to do that. :P***

Shaun pulled away from the kiss and smiled down at her. "I don't think I'll ever get used to your paintings." He whispered softly. Or the fact that you taste completely intoxicataing and I really shouldn't be kissing you like that. He told himself.

"That's good, right?" She asked smiling. He laughed and kissed her again drawing her closer to him with his hands on her waist.

"Very much so, I don't think I"ll get used to being able to kiss you either." He laughed. "How are you feeling?"
Want a Readers crit???

I do all of the training for Walgreen’s cashiers.
— The Devil