z

Young Writers Society

House of Murder

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Sun May 01, 2011 10:02 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Melinda/Supervisor

Had anything like this ever happened before? No. Had I ever let a kid yell at me and get away with it? No. Had I ever thought something like this would happen? Yes.

Any other child in the orphanage would have been dead by now, but these weren't just two kids. These were my two kids. And they hated me. Let them. I had better things to worry about than their acceptance that I was indeed their mother. I was silent, simply watching their reactions, listening to Liam's angry voice and Leda's sobs.

"I have a deal to make with you." My voice was calm, but quiet. Not my usual 'in control' tone. I could tell it took them by surprise to see me unsure of something for once. They didn't say anything so I continued. "I'll keep a few of your friends safe, if you do something for me." Surprise. That's all I can see at the moment.

"What is it?" Liam asked calmly.

"Help me fix the virus," I said.
Hakuna Matata <3
RIP to all my friends who didn’t make it.

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun May 01, 2011 10:23 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I continued to sit and star at the door, biting down on my thumb. Any second, Liam and Leda will walk back through that door and everything will be alright. It's all going to be alright.

Suddenly, I realized I was rocking back and forth, and placed my feet on the ground so to stop myself.

Sucking in my cheeks, I bit down on them for a second.

That's it, I'm finding a way to listen in. I thought to myself.

Something terrible could be happening to them right now. There's a huge possibility that they're in pain but we can't hear them down here.

Standing up swiftly, I marched out of the room and into many others. In each room, I pressed my ear up against the air vent and listened so I could see if I could hear them or not.

It wasn't until I was standing ontop of a trashcan and holding myself up with a flimsy metal shelf that I heard sobbing and Liam's unmistakable voice demanding something from the supervisor.

Stretching a little more, I blocked out everything so I could hear what he said.

"Answer your daughter!" He demanded, banging against something.

Daughter? Isn't he talking to the supervisor? They couldn't possibly be -

My thought was cut short when the supervisor's voice then said, "I'll keep a few of your friends safe, if you do something for me."

"What is it?" I heard Liam ask

"Help me fix the virus," the supervisor replied.

Suddenly, I felt like I was about to choke. My air supply was cut off and I stummbled backwards, slipping off of the metal trashcan and falling to the ground, knocking down the trashcan and pulling the shelf down with me.

I didn't even think about the pain. All I could think was, She's Liam's mother. He didn't tell me. He's working with her. He's helping her hurt our friends.

PLacing my hands over my face, I moaned to myself, "No, noooooo! This can't be happening! He's...hes...trying to kill us all."

I couldn't help but let out a glass shattering scream. At this point, I didn't care about getting up. I just lay there, tears streaming down my face.
Live, Love, Laugh

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 02, 2011 12:21 am
untameabletiger says...

~Liam~

Save a few of my friends? Few. It kept repeating in my head. Jewel. JEWEL! She better not hurt Jewel.
"What is it?" I asked sternly.
"Help me fix the virus." Her voice shook, which was unnatural for this woman, my mother.
"What virus? What's going on?" I asked cautiously. Was this all a game? Was my so called mother trying to get us to kill the only people we know love us?

~Leda~

I stood, still leaned against the wall, my tears were now dried on my cheeks. This was all so confusing. I had never seen Liam like this, I knew he was serious. I listened, for once, to my mother and brother talk. My heart raced and pounded against my ribs. My chest rose and fell in heavy motions. I had no idea what was to come. I grabbed my head as a low buzzing sound grew louder and louder causing a searing pain in my temple, but I didn't dare to show my pain. Let alone in front of this woman. The killer that we all feared. My mother.

116 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2011 2:01 am
ForsakenAngel says...

Malinda/Supervisor

"The thing is, I began, regaining my killer attitude. A sly smile worked its way to my lips. "What I've been testing, its a virus. It turns people zombie-like so they obey every order given by command. Aka the ultimate weapon. Help me perfect it and I'll give you and the friends you choose the antidote (sp?)." I could only hope they listened to me.

"And what if we don't?" Liam questioned. I was liking this boy.

"Then you two will be the only ones I spare." That ended the debate, but it was still their decision to make, not mine. And I would let them make it.

(So sorry its short!)
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2011 8:57 pm
untameabletiger says...

~Liam~

This woman was cold, could she really be my mother? or was she just trying to confuse us into her trap. No matter which choice we made, it still involved killing our childhood friends in a sick game directed my my mother. I lessened my weight on my hands then stood straight, making sure no fear passed onto the flesh. In a aggravated flash, I made contact with Leda's pain filled eyes. I knew what she felt, exactly how she felt really, but she wasn't thinking about saving Jewel.

My actions had startled both myself and Leda. We both weren't used to the strong, loud version. Leda nodded, and joined my side.
"What's first" We said in unison, though I could feel the pain building up inside us both.

116 Reviews

Mon May 02, 2011 9:36 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Melinda/Supervisor

This was what I wanted, this was what I needed. More people like these two. They were strong, they pulled themselves together when broken and they knew what they wanted. If only I had twenty more like them. I did good, I had to give myself credit there. But I couldn't give their father credit, he left when he found out I was pregnant with Leda. But that was another story for another time. Now was business.

"First we come to an agreement. I'll save a few of your friends as long as you promise to work for me. I'll give you all reassurance none of these kids will be harmed unless it's experimental reasons or because they defied me. Give me your word you wont go against me in any way and I will give you mine that the friends you choose won't be harmed in any way," I said. My voice was stronger now that I knew I was in control again.

"How can we trust that you wont hurt us? And then hurt the others in the long run?" Leda spoke up. It was so nice to hear her voice. It brought back memories from when she was born. Liam was there in the room, I didn't think he remembered, he wasn't very old, just walking maybe. But I remembered Liam said her name when she was born. It was the sweetest thing. But the past is the past and I'd never be that person again. So I dropped the memory for another time and focused on our deal.

"Trust me," I say, voice growing softer and quieter. "I could never imagine hurt you. I promise." Just the thought of them getting hurt killed me inside. But the thought of me hurting them... I didn't even want to think about that. But would they understand that I was serious? That I was indeed their mother and I did indeed want to keep them safe no matter what?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Wed May 04, 2011 6:53 pm
brittbritt12347 says...

Sarah

I sat alone by myself for a while Liam was busy with Malinda and so was Leda. I don't know where Piper was at the moment so I couldn't talk to her. I felt so alone in this orphanage sometimes, I really, at first didn't think anyone here liked me..but I was wrong, thankfully! Soon after sitting for a while I headed down the hallway to my room so I could lay down and relax. When I got there I noticed my closet door was open so without thinking I just closed it.
The truth will come out baby, and you'll be the only one lost in the dark >:)

Reviews: 3
Wed May 04, 2011 11:54 pm
Titanic says...

Alex
I sat with my notebook in hand, along with me pencil. Some of the other children scurried past me, as I moved closer to the corner of the hallway and sat under the window. There was no privacy here, or at least, not where I knew of. I continued drawing, looking back outside the window every few minutes at the tree that was blowing in the wind. I haven't gone outside in a while, but I didn't really know if I was allow to. If I could, I would probably be living up in that tree, seeing that I love nature and climbing. I would go as high as I could go, and excape the world with only my sketchbook as a connection to the ground. But, not now, I stayed quiet thinking to myself as I shaded in the tree's trunk with the dark pencil. All my pictures were black and white...I liked it more that way.
"Sweating like demons, they scream through our speakers, but we leave the sound on cuz silence is harder and no one's the killer and no one's the martyr. The world that has made us can no longer contain us."
— Alex Evans

Never Let Go...

116 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2011 1:58 am
ForsakenAngel says...

~Ashton~

I waited for them to come back so that I could relax again, reassurance that the Supervisor didn't want to kill of everyone at once. I waited for Liam and Leda to walk back through that door like I knew they would. I hoped to see them again, at least one last time. I wanted to be assured that part of my family wasn't already dead without me knowing.

But no one walked through the doors. The Keepers stood tall, waiting for an order to let us go. They too seemed to be calculating the minutes until it was time to switch our activity. What was next? I had forgotten half the list and times we had to switch but I knew what time we ate lunch, and from there I could figure it out. Last hour we studied in our dorms, that was at two. We stayed in the game hall for about two hours, next was dinner.

I was thankful for the momentary distraction to get my mind off Liam and Leda, but it didn't last very long. I was back to watching the door, counting the seconds again, before I realized it. How long had it been? It was time to go to dinner, but they hadn't dismissed us from the game room. Were we eating dinner tonight? Or were they waiting for the Supervisor to dismiss us? But she was too busy hacking up my family, poisoning them with that liquid.

I had to control myself. Nothing was happening to them, they weren't going to die. Not tonight, I'd make sure of it.

Catching a glimpse of Alex, one of the newer orphans here, I had the urge to talk to him. It would get my mind off of everything happening at the moment. But he seemed so enticed in drawing in that notebook that I couldn't bring him out of his safe world and into the reckless reality. If only I could do something like that, concentrate. But it had been a long time before I had been able to keep my thoughts from straying off to the little things, like the color of someone’s hair, or the way people ate, or how I was jealous of how someone concentrated when I knew I couldn’t. The little things.

I stood up, making my way across the almost silent room. Some people had gone back to talking quietly, while others just sat in silence. Alex sat in a corner, seeming lonely. He didn’t look up when I got to him, and my shadow didn’t make him turn his head. So I sat next to him, examining his picture.

A tree, tall and dark. It was beautiful looking, even though it had no color. I liked pictures like that the best. They had something about them that said “professional”. I suddenly had the urge to ask him what he was thinking about, if he liked the forest or not. But I didn’t bother him because he didn’t seem to notice me. So I stayed quiet for the moment. Until I couldn’t help myself and words ran off my tongue and out my mouth.

“Do you like the forest?” I asked, making him jump. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to startle you.” He simply looked up at me, a surprised look on his face.

Will

Where were they? Where was she? I was getting impatient, my body was shaking. What was the woman doing to Leda? But I wasn't going to just think about the girl I loved. What were they doing to Liam?

Trying to get my mind off of it, I watched Ashton. She was probably having a hard time with this, trying to figure out what was happening. We were her family, her only family, and it was her job to take care of us. I wondered what it was like to have to face the fact that there was nothing she could do.

She seemed to be trying to get her mind off of it too, zoning out here and there, counting on her fingers. Soon, she got up and walked across the room to Alex. I dropped my gaze to look at the others. Some didn't seem to notice anything was happening. Others had their eyes glued on the door as well.

What was happening to them? What was she doing to them? They had to come back...
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

7 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2011 2:36 am
untameabletiger says...

~Liam~ (sorry if this makes no sense, Tabby knows why.)

The room was filled with heavy silence, unbearable to stand. "First we come to an agreement. I'll save a few of your friends as long as you promise to work for me. I'll give you all reassurance none of these kids will be harmed unless it's experimental reasons or because they defied me. Give me your word you wont go against me in any way and I will give you mine that the friends you choose won't be harmed in any way," The supervisor began.

I saw Leda's body relax as she stood up straight, showing no pain from the pressure."How can we trust that you wont hurt us? And then hurt the others in the long run?"

"Trust me," she started "I could never imagine hurt you. I promise." I snorted at that remark.

"Trust you? Trust my 'mother' ?" I put mother in air quotes, then Leda interjected "Liam, we don't have a choice."

"Do I have your word?" The supervisor asked, Leda and I nodded, semi defeated.

Leda spoke up once more after another intense silence. "Don't you realize, If you hurt them, you're hurting us. Our family."

The supervisor, for once appeared stricken, she didn't know how to answer. With a dismissive wave, she motioned us out. "I will contact you when you are needed." She softly spoke. "and I need to know who to spare by the end of tomorrow."

On the way out, I picked Leda up once more. She wasn't heavy at all, maybe it was the weakness in my legs making the walk difficult. Step by step, only the rhythmic patterns of our breaths filled my ears. Thank God we were out of there. When We got to the game room, The guards nodded, letting us go inside. With a deep breath, I stepped inside the double doors, trying not to think about the killings that would soon be done.

116 Reviews

Thu May 05, 2011 6:08 pm
ForsakenAngel says...

Will

Relief. That was all I felt when Liam walked in the game room, Leda in his arms. They seemed worried, but they were safe. She was safe. I'd never felt that kind of relief any other time. My heart still sped with the excitement of it all, my arms still shook.

I was shocked when Liam brought Leda over to me, but I didn't give it much though, I simply wrapped my arms around her, unwilling to ever let her go.

"What did she want?" I asked, mind going through the options. They weren't dead so torture wasn't an option.

"She... she's our mother," Leda said quietly. I didn't even think someone right next to us could hear her, but they didn't need to. My heart froze and dropped like a rock.

"Mother?" I asked almost as silently. "As in she gave birth to you?" I asked. Leda nodded.

"As in she gave us up," Liam corrected. Of course he would hate her, who wouldn't? I know I'd hate my parents if I ever saw them again. Our parents were the ones who gave us this life. So I couldn't really blame him. But she must have wanted something else, a reason to tell them that. Leda would tell me though. Right?
Hakuna Matata <3

Hop freight or get lost.

84 Reviews

Fri May 06, 2011 7:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I lay on my back, burried under the metal shelf and all of its contents, as well as the can I had been standing on. How much time had passed? How long have a been laying here, hands over my face, just listening, waiting, disbelieving my own ears.

I haven't eaten in a while, maybe I'm just going insane. Yes, that's it, I'm just hungry. Maybe I should eat something, that'll clear everything up. I thought to myself.

With a sigh, I thought some more about getting up, but made no move to. The moment I unburied myself, stood up, and walked out, I would have to walk back into reality, the reality of Liam and Leda being the children of that...woman. So I just lay there, my hands still on my face, breathing deeply.

Someone would have to find me eventually. But what would I do if Liam came and found me? I mean, he is her child after all. Could he perhaps be plotting with her? Working to get rid of us all? How am I supposed to react to that?

*sorry it's short, I have to both look over some other SBs really quick then get ready for my friend's gig*
Live, Love, Laugh

7 Reviews

Mon May 09, 2011 1:32 am
untameabletiger says...

~Leda~

In Will's arms, I felt safe; not as safe as I did in Liam's arms, but it was beginning to grow. I didn't know weather or not to tell Will about the virus thing, or about the killing-people-only-saving-friends-against-our-will thing. My breathing was beginning to slow to a normal pace, not once before had I felt this same sense of betrayal and confusion, not even when I leaped out of the window. The relief on everyones face probably reflected my fake smile, like usual.

"What did she want?" Will spoke.

"She... she's our mother," My heart cringed as I whispered this simple sentence.

"Mother?" I asked almost as silently. "As in she gave birth to you?" I answered him with a nod,

before I had time to speak, Liam added, "As in she gave us up. "

Liam turned with that, and walked away, I guessed to find Jewel. The silence lingered a second to long, I felt my mask being ripped away. I bit my lip, but it didn't stop the tears from falling. How could I help a woman kill my friends? The thought of losing anymore of my orphanage family pushed another river of tears down my face. I buried myself into Wills shoulder, I couldn't look him in the eyes, not with knowing that I was soon going to be a killer. Just like my mother.

After around a good ten minuets, I lifted my heavy head. Will stared at me with those amazingly blue eyes that showed worry.

~Liam~

After butting in on Leda and Will's conversation, I paced around the room before looking for Jewel. A metal shelf had fallen, and everything laid in it's own random position. I string of blonde curls caught my attention. Jewel. I threw myself onto the floor, and quickly tossed the items away carelessly. All I could think about was Jewel. If she was hurt, I would never let myself live it down. I should have been there. When a good amount of Jewel was showing, I frantically pulled upwards on her shoulders. She looked unconscious, until her perfectly blue eyes fluttered open. Relief shot through me instantly.

I let out a thankful breath. Her eyes looked scared and confused. Regardless, I pulled her into a tight hug. "Thank God you're okay" I whispered, still holding her close. Her body shook, and she pushed away gently. I looked at her in disbelief. What was wrong? Why was she pushing me away? My heart throbbed, and the only thing that passed through my mind was I love you

84 Reviews

Mon May 09, 2011 6:38 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Jewel:

I heard something, but only when someone grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me up did I open my eyes. Liam.

Liam wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in to hug him, saying quietly and thankfully, "Thank God you're okay"

I shook all over. With fear, with confusion, and with hate towards myself for doing what I was about to do. I placed my hand on his chest and gentley pushed him away from me.

His face, confused, was strewn with shock and disbelief, and it tore me up inside.

But the only thing that I could manage to do was sit those couple inches away from him, our bodies and faces still so close, and say with a quivering chin, pointing at the air vent, "She...m-m-m-mom...virus...y-y-y-you're h-h-helping her?"

My words were broken, not only because of my trembling chin, but because of the tears that now soaked my face as I looked at the person I loved, the person who may be killing us all. How could he do this? How can I still be sitting here? And that's when I realized it: I love him
Live, Love, Laugh

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Tue May 10, 2011 9:58 pm
BrooklynWriter says...

Hey guys,
So sorry, under construction will be up soon.
Last edited by BrooklynWriter on Fri May 13, 2011 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe