z

Young Writers Society

Juvenile Inc.

Reviews: 1
Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:19 am
Fox says...

I would post, but I'm not in the meeting, so I really don't know what to say. I'm just Alex's assistant.
I am a fox, sly and quick.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:35 pm
Kaywiia says...

You could come to the meeting anyway...
Love is beautiful, but what would love be without life?

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:26 am
Fox says...

Catherine

I walked into the conference room as quietly as I could, trying not to draw attention to myself, since they had already started. No one seemed to notice me except for Alex, who just nodded towards me then continued in the conversation. She seemed like a nice person, and she had done a nice job with the new company. I probably wouldn't mind being her assistant.

I got out my notepad and small pencil, ready to scribble down anything that seemed important.

"Thank you, Thea. Nice nails." Alex said. Thea beamed. Things were going good for the first day. Nobody was arguing or anything. I just hoped I had time to get to know everyone, just in case I might need to some time.

"I think the building is great." One girl said.

"Thank you Lily. Anyone else have something to say?" It was quiet for a moment. "Well tell me if anything comes up. Now, onto our next subject. Once everyone gets their offices set up, I'd like to get started."

((Sorry it's so short, but I don't have a lot of time. :? ))
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:24 am
Kaywiia says...

Alex Clarkson-C.E.O.

Before long, I sent everyone back to their work spaces to get ready for the day ahead. I turned to the girl who mus be my assistant, and shook her hand. "Hi, I'm Alex, it's really nice to meet you." I said with my biggest smile.

"I'm Catherine," she said, returning the smile. I glanced down at the pin on her shirt that declared that, in fact, she was my assistant.

"You know, I have never had an assistant before. I have a feeling I will need one in a place like this. I'll show you to your office." We walked back to the general place my office was, and I opened a door. It was similar to the other offices, but the theme was green and blue. I had felt my assistant needed something special, and I had done just that.

I pointed to what looked like a yellow siren attached to a wall. "Any time this lights up, it means I need you. I have a button in my office that makes it glow. I thought bells and telephones were a bit overrated. I saw a cop car on my ride here as I was designing this part of the office, and the idea hit me."

"And there's no noise?" she clarified.

"Nope, none at all." I said.

"That's good," she turned in slow circles, looking around her office.

"Well, I have some things to take care of in my office, if I need you I'll buzz," I walked out of the room, and down a short flight of steps. Suddenly, my dad walked out from inside a room. He gave me a big smile, and pulled me into a hug.

"Alex, sweetie, you look so nice. So official, my little girl is all grown up," he put on a proud face. But it was all an act. I knew it, he knew it. He kissed my forehead, fully aware people were watching.

"Come on, let's get down to your office," Dad smiled. I gave him a fake smile of my own. We arrived at my office, and he sat down in my chair.

"Well, looks like your having a good time for yourself," All the kindness in his voice, in his face, was gone. I might as well have been talking to a man about to fire me for laziness. "I didn't give you this job so you could party. I didn't give it to you so you could run it into the ground or so you could look good. I gave it to you because otherwise people would ask questions. You can't handle this. I know it, you know it. But I have no choice, I have to keep good publicity. So, here you are, about to ruin a company I built from the ground."

"I haven't even been here twenty minutes and already your starting this?" I demanded.

"Maybe I am. So help me Alexandra, if you ruin this company you will be grounded for the rest of life. Hell, I'll disinherit you. You can pay for your own college. You'd never get a job anyway. Imagine how that would look on an application. 'Owner of Clarkson and Co ruins long built reputation'. I wouldn't be surprised." He grinned, and mouthed 'good luck', then he walked out of the office. I wanted to burst into tears, but I couldn't.

I had to be the best CEO this company had ever had.

Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:56 am
Fox says...

Catherine

"Well, I have some things to take care of in my office, if I need you I'll buzz," Alex said, then walked out of the room and closed the door behind her. As soon as she was gone I ran to my chair. It rolled across the floor a bit until I stopped it with my feet. I couldn't hold in a small laugh. This was amazing. I looked around my office, taking everything in. I couldn't believe I was finally here!

My expression became immediately businesslike again and I got out from my chair. I stood there for a minute, deciding whether or not I should go out of my room. I didn't know how Alex would reach me if I wasn't in here, but I wanted to get to know everyone. I heard quite a bit of chatter outside in the main area, so I figured everyone else was doing just that.

Just then, I head a small bang from Alex's room, like something had fallen off her desk. The little light on my wall lit up and I immediately rushed to her room. Her father was walking out when I reached it.

"Ms. Clarkson, is everything okay?" I asked.

"Of course. Why wouldn't it be?" she asked. I narrowed my eyes at her expression. Something about her looked off.

"Uh, the light in my room lit up." I said. She looked at the little button on her desk.

"Oh, I must have hit it by accident." she said. "You can go now." I turned around and walked out of her room, hoping she was okay. I decided just to shake it off...for now.

She probably would need me for a while
I though to myself, trying to change the subject I was thinking about. I took this opportunity to get to know everyone.
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:54 pm
Kaywiia says...

Has this died already?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 pm
Fox says...

I really hope not! I like this SB! :(
I never give up
I never quit

I do what I can
I stand and fight

I strategize
I stand tall
throughout the night

I am a fox

It usually takes more than three weeks to prepare a good impromptu speech.
— Mark Twain