z

Young Writers Society

Soul's Choice, the DT

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:07 pm
CowLogic says...

Alia! Ma'am, can I get me a spot for a human bartender? Also, to be clear, a regular human can become a contractor with a weak demon at any time, right?
The course skin of a thousand elephants sewn together to make one leather wallet.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 pm
crossroads says...

@Dante~ Because always, when there are demons, there are angels. And I recall mentioning something about originality.. Do PM me what you have, though, I'm curious ^^

@CowLogic~ Aye, of course, that is even expected to happen >:3 Your spot is reserved.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:41 am
Jony says...

Hey, can I reserve a spot for a human? I will probably be able to get my profile in either later today or early tomorrow. Also, when do you plan to have this start? Because on Sunday, I leave for five days and won't have internet access, so I wouldn't be able to post then.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

117 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:04 am
crossroads says...

It is reserved. We'll start tomorrow, most likely, or in the night of Saturday/Sunday.. I'm leaving on Sunday as well (though I will have net where I go), and I hope I'll be able to make the first post before I leave. If I don't, however, you'll just have to read up what we've written in the meantime and then jump in, no harm done. Having the profile before that would be very good, though. ;)

I'm GMT+1, for the record, I have no idea which timezones y'all are.
- they/them -

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:43 am
Jony says...

Okay, that sounds great. If we start on tomorrow, I will at least be able to have an intro post in before I leave. I'll get started on my profile right now. 8)
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:39 pm
View Likes
darklady says...

Thanks for answering my questions! :)
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:16 pm
Auxiira says...

Before we start, my char pronounces (and it is therefore written) demon as deamon. So please don't correct it... juuuust sayin'!
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:28 pm
darklady says...

Can I reserve a human slot please?
Call me Melanie!

Knight Darklady's Log

117 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:58 pm
crossroads says...

Sure ^^ I'm adding you and reserving for @ANADIR who might join, and with that human slots are closed.
- they/them -

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:00 pm
ANADIR says...

I sent the desc to you! Thanks for reserving the spot aria :3
Is it not human nature to want what we cannot have, and yet manage to overlook the blessings piled upon us?

117 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:35 pm
crossroads says...

Random info, the demons can give souls they have to each other - can, but I doubt any of them want to, since that would make them weaker. This doesn't apply to the souls currently in contracts, though.

Also, about all you having human characters, you're allowed to have had a contract before - perhaps your demon got killed before it was fulfilled, or something along those lines. There is a possibility for one of you to be a person who had their contract fulfilled, even. Meaning you'd have no soul, and with it all that joy and care and meaning of life would be gone, but you might have someone holding your head above the water and preventing you from ending your own life. Or, again, something along those lines.

Yay for random ideas.
- they/them -

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:24 pm
StoneHeart says...

*I'm going to be getting me a stronger Demon (this is SO your type of SB Aria >>)

One thing: I need more details on what 'The Town' is. Way too nebulous there, mademioselle!

And . . . well, expect my profile tomorrow >> Or Wednesday possibly.

Plus -we need a plot. Something needs to happen during the SB. Evil demon uprising. Nazi's incoming.My guy killing everybody else Something!

(Oh, and can you kill a demon?)

Oh, I have a great plan. Wait till everyone else quits the SB, and then suddenly revive it, months later, and spectacularly kill everybody, making them want to get busy again. >>
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

117 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:47 pm
crossroads says...

I tend to create SBs which are my type, yeah xP

There are three stronger demons - those three slots being taken by Ita, Alv and myself. Hence you can take a demon, I'll put you on the list, but one of those not surrently holding contracts. You can get stronger if you get one of the humans make a contract with you.

About the Town, what is it that you wish to know and wasn't said?

As about the plot, there is one xP And many of its storylines are to be developed as all the characters are created and the writers get on the discussing and plotting.

Yes, seeing the demons' profile has a part saying "include how s/he can be killed", one can kill a demon. That is never really easy, though, I suppose, and there isn't some way of killing them which applies to all. Needless to say, no one can kill a demon without the demon's writer's consent.

Your plan is brilliant, lol.
- they/them -

303 Reviews

Reviews: 303
Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:57 pm
StoneHeart says...

XD I know.

Secondary Demon is fine for me :D

I WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING! What it looks like, what it doesn't look like. What's there and what isn't. Who's there and who isn't. Details I can use in posting (need).

Not a lot. But enough. :P

I advise you to get a general plot together (very general). Otherwise people won't have the push to post :D
For I who am poor have only my dreams
I spread my dreams under your feet . . .

. . . tread softly for you tread on my dreams.

We are masters of our silences, and slaves of our words

117 Reviews

Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:14 pm
crossroads says...

Have you read the intro post? There is general plot. The fact it doesn't include an overpowered common enemy doesn't mean it doesn't exist ;)
I expect the people to give each other the "push to post", by creating character relationships and taking the story in different directions.

As about the town, it's a small town surrounded by forest, by the sea. To be perfectly honest, I don't particularly care which buildings you think of and put in there in your posts, for as long as we all pay attention to each other and don't just disregard some piece of information already offered.
Silver (I sort of named him, yay), my demon character, is as close as a mayor as it gets, and since we have an owner of a mask shop, an owner of a law firm, a bartender and a receptionist, the Town also evidently features a mask shop, a law firm, and a bar/tavern/hotel/all of those. There is also a school, stores, theatre, hospital, city hall and so on and so forth.
Feel free to add new locations within the town, but don't forget the era we're in.

On a somewhat related note, the posts are to be titled as following;
Name of the character | Place in the Town* | Day of the SB**

*streets, school, park, hospital, graveyard, beach, whatever
**This is to keep track of the timeline. Day One will be the day SB starts, the day of my post. Everything that has occurred before, if you want to start your character's story slightly earlier and then get it to the beginning of the actual story, title it as Day Zero or leave that part out (so it just says Name | Place). As the days in the SB pass, that title will, naturally, change.

Personally, I'll be using past tense, first person. I don't mind which person you use, but I would like to keep it all in past tense.
- they/them -

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality