Young Writers Society

Welcome to Camp Half-Blood: DT

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:44 pm
View Likes
AdventurerDaniel says...

Spoiler! :
I know this is super long but please read the whole thing.

Read The Spoiler

Okay so yeah cool a sequel is an awful idea so I'm glad that got booted. Sorry I've been kind of sitting back and letting this burn not because I wanted to but because I wasn't sure what to contribute here. Now that a reboot is a definite thing I don't think the Juggernauts should be a dead in the water idea. It was a really cool concept but, and I mean no offense to Dante by this very poorly executed.

The thing is with a Fan SB a plot needs to be decided on immediately. We didn't have solid plot foundations at all so Dante offered us one, the problem is it was a bit late and it didn't really flow with what we were doing. So I talked to him and I was like well what if we keep the Juggernauts in.

My idea was to keep the Juggernauts in but have them play a more subtle but integral role. Their goal will be to take over camp as a base of operations before a strike on Olympus.How will they you ask? By seeming like regular campers. They'll play in all the games, capture the flag and chariot races, but the Juggernauts will subtly be taking out older more experienced campers and the more powerful ones, not like killing them just injuring them heavily or getting them sent on quest. They'll be gathering armies of disenfranchised campers while those campers are distracted. Some of Luke's former army anyone with cause to hate their godly parents luring out their godly parents by putting some of their parents chosen favorites at risk in increasingly dangerous quest until Olympus would be prime for the picking.

But it won't be action and more action, which was part of the trouble, the Juggernaut's will be like any other campers friendships and relationships will be able to develop. Making their attack on the camp even more of blow to the morals of the rag-tag group of freedom fighters left behind. Which is what the character's the Juggernaut's wouldn't consider threats, for example new campers or Aphrodite kids will be doing to maintain some character interaction and action in camp while some are off on quests.
So much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Red Wheel Barrow by- William Carlos Williams

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:16 pm
Dragonette says...

Mk, so here are my undeveloped thoughts on recent happenings:

Roman camp~ Yes I've read the HoO books. And no I don't think we should do that. I agree with Sunshine, it would not work. (you could make your own individual Camp Jupiter SB, Skyguy, separate from this ;) )

New SB~ I'm...hesitant. I think the reason this one failed was because a: the summer was too dang busy (at least for me) and b: there was NO communication (also my fault). I found it easier to discuss plot ideas with people privately over chat than constantly spamming the DT, so a lot of the stuff me and Dante/sunshine/etc had planned wasn't published on here and we lost communication. And plots got in the way of each other because it wasn't organized.
I don't know if I really want to start up a new one :/ I mean, all the stuff we've done already, we've worked hard on this SB. To have to start again? :/
The only reason would be to start with a clean slate but... I don't know it'd probably be best, I guess. But our main problem is our organization and communication (and not bickering all the bloody time! There's other ways to sort out things, you know!). So that's the main issue on getting back up on our feet.
Oh, and also, if we started a new one, would we be allowing new members to join?

The Juggernauts~ Also not sure... what would Daemon do if we don't have them? But they do seem to cluttering/confusing the plot. I think, if we had them, they'd need to be COMPLETELY independent from Dante and solely a GROUP thing, we decide their actions/fate together. (I'm sorry Dante, but there's no other way it would work any other way :/ It would cut a lot of our problems, having our characters belonging solely to us. I know it's your idea, but when you bring that idea to an SB, either the members of the SB now own that idea or you take it out completely, there is no in between)

On what Dan said~ I agree with a lot of what you said. Not really a fan of doing a bunch of quests, that might be too much. Maybe we could send one group of people...if it's well organized. The rest can just be random campers, not actual SB characters or something.
And I haven't decided on a definite opinion about your Juggernaut idea yet... stay tuned X)

Is that all? Sorry, I'm still trying to get caught up on everything
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 am
KingLucifer says...

@Dragonette, I don't mind leaving the Juggernauts out of the brand new one, and I told AD over chat that I would only support his idea if he managed to somehow convince a majority of the people here to let the Juggernauts have a second chance. Which is unlikely considering a lot of people were quick to say brand new SB without them. Now I have a brand new character lined up that I can fall back on if he can't convince people, So I honestly don't care how this goes.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

30 Reviews

Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:04 am
Dragonette says...

No, I honestly like the Juggernauts

50 Reviews

Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:35 am
KingLucifer says...

I never said you didn't like the Juggernauts.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

30 Reviews

Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:01 am
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Oh, Dante... It is your life goal to make things difficult, isn't it? You go out of your way to clash with people and argue in every way possible. You can't just sit back and let things be, you have to disagree. I just... *makes strangeling hand motions* ..love you so much. You're infuriating and I'm not sure if I want to strangle you or hug you. I guess I'll do both *puts in headlock and then pulls in for a strangle-hug*

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:20 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Sorry guys, but if the new SB has Juggernauts, I'm out. I only did it because no one was interacting with Harlow, or enough to build up drama/relationships with her.

Plus I don't really like the idea, Dante. Sorry.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

50 Reviews

Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:14 am
KingLucifer says...

Iggy wrote:Sorry guys, but if the new SB has Juggernauts, I'm out. I only did it because no one was interacting with Harlow, or enough to build up drama/relationships with her.

Plus I don't really like the idea, Dante. Sorry.

It's kool, people either hate my ideas or they love them.

@Dragonette, love you to.

65 Reviews

Reviews: 65
Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:30 am
deleted17 says...

Well, good luck with the voting!
(If I was a part of this, I'd say yes. Because things were getting off track a bit)
Have your chin up, and speak up.Otherwise, nothing will get done.And what you need to say, will never be heard.Just be confident in what you say, and stand by it

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:51 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Just to throw in my two sense, because I'm not going to be in the next Storybook no matter what.

New SB: Totally in for that, and I think that the Juggernauts should not stay in here anymore. It was Dante's ideas and I would like him to have some kind of privacy when he makes his story.

However, this one became out of hand, and fast. Why? Lack of communication and it being wayyy too big, with over 20-25 storybookers. Let's just say that it would devolve into chaos extremely quickly.

So here's the thing: Create a plot and make a limited amount of storybookers allowed to enter. Having too many will, no doubt, kill the plotline and the storybook itself.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

50 Reviews

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:08 am
KingLucifer says...

Aquestioning wrote:So here's the thing: Create a plot and make a limited amount of storybookers allowed to enter. Having too many will, no doubt, kill the plotline and the storybook itself.

I have to agree with AQ here. @Dragonette, I've been talking to her and she'll tell you I've been saying we have way to many people posting. At best I think we should have only nine people, three groups of three, and eventually they could each get there own side plot and quest. While every now and again they could interact with people of the other group, like one group could be a veteran group, they've seen what dangers are out in the world. The second group can be a mixed group of veteran and two new campers, and the final group could be a full new camper group.

65 Reviews

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:25 pm
deleted17 says...

If you guys were to start a new SB, may I please be in it?
Have your chin up, and speak up.Otherwise, nothing will get done.And what you need to say, will never be heard.Just be confident in what you say, and stand by it

Reviews: 0
Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:45 pm
Skyguy says...

Me too. And if so, d like to continue the roman thing. But my character hates camp jupiter, but worships the gods roman version. If not thats fine, but id like to be in it. I can post as much as needed for the story book
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:45 pm
Omni says...

@wholesomereader and @Skyguy, it's too soon to reserve a spot in the SB, seeing as it's just a thought, but I'm sure that you can if you get a spot when it is made.

However, since it is a thought, don't start making any plotline or character developments just yet. That kind of thing is a bad thing to do.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

65 Reviews

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:28 pm
deleted17 says...

@Aquestioning, don't worry, I really haven't thought about character developments or anything. It's been out of my mind for a while

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith