z

Young Writers Society

The Ink Puppeteers {DT}

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:09 pm
Alvarin says...

FermentingFruit wrote:I'm just waiting on Alvarin to kill that chic so Leo and Alayna can meet, because there's not much for her to do now :P

I'm waiting for Star, but then I'll get down to it :P
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:11 pm
crossroads says...

Mmh. w&w, their clothes were to change to fit the world as they entered it. The jeans conversation is cute, however, so I guess you can choose wether your characters' clothes changed or not :p

Omni, when you write your post, feel free to make Dorian flirting with random maidens xD

And Shadow :3 I would like to see Walter meet Penelope some time soon, since I can't have her just stalk her sister and talk about it all the time xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:48 pm
VampireSenshi says...

Veeren! Still want our characters to meet up?
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

184 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 184
Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm
veeren says...

Sure :D
But I have some catching up to do, 'cause I couldn't come on this weekend >.<
"Love is the name for our pursuit of wholeness, for our desire to be complete."
-Plato's Symposium

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:10 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Oh, the jeans conversation is funny :)
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 am
Shadowlight says...

....YWS repeated my post from last night....the hell is going on!? *wails* Gosh darn it now Ive got to rewrite it!
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

117 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:11 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Oh, right. I must inform you, unfortunately, that our little SB crew has lost Spark, due to time (or better said, lack of it) and school issues <.<
She's very sorry, and says she loves everyone's characters.

Also it still counts that I made her return to the world of SBing :p
- they/them -

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:17 am
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Return, but not stay. Half a victory, my dear. ;)
kidding, kidding. You did what no one else could.

I'll defiantly still be reading it though, and I will be with you guys in spirit! <3
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

117 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:53 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Right. I figured it was time to update the list from before, and just editing would've probably gone unnoticed.
I apologise if there are some mistakes <.<

Puppeteers
1. AriaAdams - Lilith - controlling Corin, my npc
2. Shadowlight - Walter - controlling Penelope and Evangeline
3. VeerenVKS - Veeren - controlling
4. kayfortnight - Demeter - controlling Lienei
5. AriaAdams - Dorian - controlling Alayna
6. wordsandwishes - Melody - controlling Mishiqua
7. Alvarin - Anna - controlling Dusty
8. Omniyus - Michael - controlling
9. VampireSenshi512 - Kazran - controlling Ander
10. Leahweird - - controlling Acosta
11. LoyalHeart - Andrea - controlling his own npc Puppets
12. Starleene - Eva - controlling Leo

Puppets
1. AriaAdams - Penelope, controlled by Walter (Shadow)
2. ReisePiecey - Acosta, controlled by Leahweird's Puppeteer
3. Shadowlight - Evangeline, controlled by Walter (Shadow)
4. Omniyus
5. kayfortnight - Lienei, controlled by Demeter (Kay)
6. kayfortnight - Aenon (not controlled by anyone)
7. wordsandwishes - Mishiqua, controlled by Melody (w&w)
8. Alvarin - Dusty, controlled by Anna (Alvarin)
9. Alvarin - Leo, controlled by Eva (Star)
10. VeerenVKS - Jack, controlled by
11. VeerenVKS - Chris, controlled by
12. ReisePiecey - Coryell
13. FermentingFruit - Alayna, controlled by Dorian (Aria)
14. VampireSenshi512 - Ander, controlled by Kazran (Vamp)
15. Leahweird -

My Dorian can still take one more Puppet, if so is needed. I believe we could get some reinforcement, so I figured I might mention that as well.
Last edited by crossroads on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- they/them -

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:56 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Ohhhh, Leo is back with Dorian????
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

117 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:23 pm
crossroads says...

Oh. Also. As I probably mentioned at some point, I would like some plotting to be done and some thoughts to be put into this Storybook. I'd rather it flow slowly and steadily than to die all of the sudden because of posts being meh and no plot existing. So here is what I know of so far, of course with some detail left out because otherwise would just not be fun xD

The following is mostly the product of Alvarin's and my own mind, huh.

Due to Anna's mortality, and the fact that he will die when she does, Dusty will become pretty obsessed with finding the way to make her and Oliver immortal. After a while of discussing, we figured it's the best to have it made possible by killing a very powerful demon (there are three classes of demons, but I won't get into that now) and drinking its blood (or whatever it has). Since Lilith is now connected to Oliver as well, they won't want to risk her dying either, and Corin, when he hears the word immortality, will join their little crew.

So, yeah, they will group up and go hunting a demon, with Corin having to kill it (since he's done it before and knows how). In return, Dusty, who is older than any other character so far, will tell Corin and Lilith a legend about people very much alike Lilith and Anna coming to the Project centuries ago. They supposedly had powers to change everything, but they haven't been heard or seen for a long time now - so long that it all turned into a legend. Those are, though they don't know it yet, the First Puppeteers, those who were imprisoned in the World (switch to the first page of this DT to find that info, if you don't know about it yet).

The reason to that is that we need the old Puppeteers to arrive to the scene. Dusty, Corin and co. are the perfect candidates to do that, for the simplest of reasons - they're the only ones who'd at least potentially choose their side, and therefore the Puppeteers wouldn't kill them at once xD And those Firsts are the ones who need to be the main villains. Not Corin, not Dusty, not Leo nor either of your bad guys and girls, no matter how evil any of them were.

However, when the time comes, your characters will be able to choose to stay at the Puppeteers' side, if so you wish, wanting to first make sure no one from this world stands up to them, and then breaking down the wall and making an entrance into our world as well.

With the lead of princess Kyra and the guys from Celest, the others would stand up to them and blah blah you know the drill.
Now, we can discuss it more when we actually come to it, or we can discuss it right away, I'm fine with both. We shouldn't just run straight into this, but do keep in mind to write your way towards it. And by all means, feel free to put in tons of personal dramas and plots along the way 8D

A lot of stuff to process, I know. But I really want this to reach the end, and for that, plotting is essential.

Also I figured I should tell you a bit about Corin and Kyra as well, since I'll be using them a lot. They won't become POV characters, though. But here it is to save you from reading through my posts and hints in them, lol

Kyra is the heir to the throne of Celest, being born a princess with Emotion Magic. She was always curious about the world with no magic, about people outside of Celest and, most of all, the Wild. She stared at it for hours as a child, but she never left Celest in her life.
She met Corin in the castle's gardens - he worked with the flowers, using his own Emotion Magic to grow them. He didn't act towards her as to a princess, but as to a normal girl, and she found herself fond of him. He taught her how to grow flowers and let go and relax while using her magic, and eventually they fell in love. She, however, being the princess, had to get married to someone to be the next king. Especially after her mother's death, Kyra's father made sure she doesn't get distracted by Corin. But even though she was locked up, he was locked up, he lost the job, she got grounded and tons of other things, they kept seeing each other and they planned on running away. The King found out about it, and got the members of the Council to deal with Corin. They casted him out of Celest, making it impossible for him to come back, practically stripping him of his magic. They also scened it so it seemed that he'd been killed, which broke Kyra's heart and made her hate her father, but also made it clear that she will now marry as she needs to.

Corin is not a demon, but he's no longer human either. He was born as Emotion Mage, but, due to a deal with a powerful demon, he now does Mind. He did that because he thought that would be enough to take away the restriction of him entering Celest - it wasn't enough. He also gave his soul to that demon (or it was taken away, comes to the same).

Then he made another deal - that Corin will get other people to give away their souls, and in return he will be made into a demon himself. That didn't actually happen either, because Corin messed with the people and the souls he got, and killed the demon before he managed to change him. So he can still take souls away, though always at a cost and it's certainly harder for him than for actual demons, but he doesn't eat them and he doesn't need to do it. And maybe, just maybe, he actually has no clue if attempt of killing the next demon would work the same way xD

He still thinks of Kyra, though isn't as capable of feeling anything as he used to be. He doesn't know where his soul ended up, since he never saw the demon eating it, nor did he turn very attached to the demon after he gave it to him. Corin doesn't dream (though I have a nice scene in mind where Lilith helps a bit about that), but he still grows his white roses and keeps the letters from his princess. While planning on how to enter and possibly destroy Celest, King, Council and all that.

..and all that because his lover had to marry a prince.
Lilith knows most of it, but she never got into details, and she doesn't know exactly how the first demon was killed.

One more thing. The Puppeteers aren't magical themselves, but they made the magic in the World, and actually based its principles on themselves - the mind, the emotions, writers have and use both, probably more than other people (or for the use of the SB anyway, it's so). Therefore, they will be able to learn some of it, once they establish a bond deep enough with their Puppets, and if their Puppets are magical.
No one but one's Puppet can make the Puppeteer do magic.
The Puppeteers must also be one of the types - which one, I leave up to you, and all I know is that Lilith will be Emotion (she also made Kyra to be much like her, btw, which Corin will notice as well soon).

Uhm.. I think that's it for now x.x

EDIT: Fruit, nice catch. Changing that one, Leo is not Dorian's.
- they/them -

42 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:37 pm
Shadowlight says...

I feel like such a naughty sotrybooker- I SWEAR Aria, I SWEAR TO ALL THE BOOKS I OWN- I am writing a post! My life this week went nuts- I am typing it up! If I don't post tonight you all have my permission to spam my PM inbox.

Also I love this plotting idea. :3 Brilliant.

117 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:43 pm
crossroads says...

Shadowlight wrote:I feel like such a naughty sotrybooker- I SWEAR Aria, I SWEAR TO ALL THE BOOKS I OWN- I am writing a post! My life this week went nuts- I am typing it up! If I don't post tonight you all have my permission to spam my PM inbox.

Also I love this plotting idea. :3 Brilliant.

I shall take your soul, Shadow ^_^

I'm joking (kinda), I get it that you all probably have as little time as myself. Just don't forget it completely, okay? Like I said, better slow and steady than fast and wrong :p
- they/them -

42 Reviews

Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:12 pm
Shadowlight says...

NO I haven't forgotten! I've been keeping up on reading it. XD and I'm writing a post- but I haven't gotten the time in between jobs and passing out after work to just post it.

Also- I'm changing Walter's birthday/birth year. he was born in 1892. is has some significance. I swear. XD

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:04 am
kayfortnight says...

I was sick the last couple of days, Aria!

Seems like everyone with magic has emotion magic :)
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

“Sorry about the blood in your mouth. I wish it was mine. I couldn't get the boy to kill me, but I wore his jacket for the longest time.”
— Richard Siken