z

Young Writers Society

The 37th Hunger Games DT

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Mar 09, 2013 3:53 pm
Alvarin says...

How about the game makers throw in some extra fierce muts to spice things up? :)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

170 Reviews

Reviews: 170
Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:40 pm
yubbies21 says...

ok, so, on the mountain, the careers are searching, trying to find tributes. Just don't kill anymore until day three, but I can throw in some mutts. Does anybody have any suggestions for what kind? We've already done snake and I want to do bears on the final night.
beep

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:55 pm
View Likes
Elinor says...

It might get a bit tiring if we just have mutt attacks, do you think we could have some kind of weather thing? Maybe it starts pouring rain but it's really acid rain or something?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

30 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:15 am
Alvarin says...

Acid rain? :O How mean. But a good idea non the less xD
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

170 Reviews

Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:40 am
yubbies21 says...

sounds good. The only way to stay safe is to find direct cover, in caves, under ledges, somewhere the rain can't touch you. Alright, I'll work on a gamemaker post right away....
beep

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:56 am
Pencil2paper says...

Well, my character is about to die soon, according to the list, and since my character is just coming out of the forest and onto unsheltered ground so I think acid rain would be good.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:09 am
Elinor says...

Then, Alvarin and Fruit, we'd be cut short prowling for tributes again by gamemaker intervention and, Emilie will start to unhinge then and break down because this is the second time in two days it'll have happened to her. Once we make it back to camp we can start fighting.

How many people should die as a result of this?

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:43 am
Sapi says...

Well, since we're killing people off in order of the death list, we only have to decide how far into the list we're going with the acid rain. I believe the next on the list is Alexis Windfield (znale1's character), but then we're on to the final eight. Should we then take out one, two, more, or none at all? (the next two characters to die are Astra Lee (Sapi) and Cassie Thompson (pencil2paper) and I believe both of those are coming out into the forest, with limited shelter options...
New to YWS? Check out The Buddy System!

Want to know what's going on around here? Visit Squills - the YWS News

Join The Storybook Revolution...Help revive the Storybooks!

170 Reviews

Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:32 pm
yubbies21 says...

well, with the acid rain, lets not kill anyone off, just some major/minor injuries here or there.
beep

117 Reviews

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:24 am
Sapi says...

Okay. Then we should start thinking about how each specific character on the list is going to die (and how much more will happen before they do), and maybe we should start making them really interesting at this point...

170 Reviews

Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 pm
yubbies21 says...

we need to slow down on the death list a little. it's only the second day and we're nearly down to 8. I think that we need a couple more days of getting into the arena, developing our character's strategies, and just having the chance to write more. Please don't kill anyone else until we get to the fourth day.

On the second day, around noon, clouds will start rolling in. Most of us just shrug it off, no big deal. besides, if it rains, it means extra water. Then a few drops start coming down, one by one. Then the sky just opens up and torrents of acid rain come down. The rain will only last for half an hour, but one minute exposure can have serious harm, and it will burn holes in your clothes. Trees wont help, the only option is to find a cave or hide under a ledge.
beep

117 Reviews

Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:55 am
Sapi says...

Okay, cool. I didn't mean we should actually start killing them off, just start to discuss some possible plot twists for when that does happen.

170 Reviews

Sun Mar 17, 2013 12:47 am
yubbies21 says...

is this dead? should i post again? should we drop it? I really don't want to give this up, especially because its going so well! will someone else post about the acid rain soon....
beep

30 Reviews

Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:30 am
Alvarin says...

Sorry, I've been crazy busy. Will make a post either tomorrow or the day after that.
― Thomas Harris

117 Reviews

Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:28 am
Sapi says...

So sorry, been a bit busy myself. I will try to post this morning.

I communicate much better on paper than I do when I open my mouth.
— Aaron Sorkin