Young Writers Society

The Harbinger Syndrome OOC

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:04 pm
View Likes
KocoCoko says...

@Omni
I'd really like the Fallout ability, but I'm still not fully sure how it works. Could you explain it a bit deeper?
Also, while I'm here, I'll (once again) ask the question: age requirements? since i feel like i have a tendancy to make younger characters haha
they/she or she/they

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:23 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@KocoCoko so Fallout is basically manipulating the natural radiation that's all around, gathering it, intensifying it to the point it will damage people. Fallout is a visually clear power so it's very deceptive and powerful, but the radiation you spout out will eventually start affecting your body as well. This power is very strong, but it is a double edged sword. You can cripple a person immediately with radiation to the point their organs start failing on them, but eventually the same will be done to you. If concentrated enough, the fallout power can be explosive as well.

Also, I'd like the characters to be 18+, but if you have a strong reason to want someone younger, let me know
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:19 pm
View Likes
JoyDark says...

@Omni Hi! This roleplay looks really cool, and the concept seems awesome! You could definitely go in a lot of directions with this :D I do have some questions though, about the powers. One, lava seems interesting, but what’s the source? Are there natural reserves of lava under Atlanta, or can the person with the power create lava themself? I don’t really understand how neon works: do you control neon gas or colors? That’s probably a dumb question lol but my brain isn’t wrapping itself around the concept. In the descriptions of the powers, you mentioned land or air travel being available/not available. Does that mean some people may be able to fly depending on their power? (That’s wicked cool if so!) Also: forgot if you mentioned this, but how is quarantine set up? I know there are guards posted everywhere who can shoot on sight, but how thick/tall is the wall around Atlanta? If people can indeed fly, have any tried to just fly out of quarantine? Or drill a hole under the Perimeter? Lots of hypotheticals I know, but this seems like a really cool concept and I want to learn as much as I can!

One more ask: I obviously get why people would try to escape, but why would they want a cure for their powers? You said in the intro post that one of the main groups wants to head to the CDC and demand a cure. But why? Are the powers harming them in some way? Why wouldn’t they just want to escape?

Thank you so much!!!
she/her

woah
i actually made a post
pretty radical if you ask me

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:06 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Hi! This roleplay looks really cool, and the concept seems awesome! You could definitely go in a lot of directions with this I do have some questions though, about the powers. One, lava seems interesting, but what’s the source? Are there natural reserves of lava under Atlanta, or can the person with the power create lava themself?

Hey @JoyDark! Thank you for your interest in this roleplay c: you've got me thinking XD

So, for lava: lava is one of those those powers that you can create lava -- not necessarily out of nothing, but you can heat up a material enough for it to become molten, or a plasma, and that's what you can manipulate.

I don’t really understand how neon works: do you control neon gas or colors? That’s probably a dumb question lol but my brain isn’t wrapping itself around the concept.

You control the colors. With neon, I try not to look super technically into it to keep more of the fun factor if that makes sense XD

In the descriptions of the powers, you mentioned land or air travel being available/not available. Does that mean some people may be able to fly depending on their power? (That’s wicked cool if so!)

Yep, some abilities allow you to fly a limited amount!

Also: forgot if you mentioned this, but how is quarantine set up? I know there are guards posted everywhere who can shoot on sight, but how thick/tall is the wall around Atlanta? If people can indeed fly, have any tried to just fly out of quarantine? Or drill a hole under the Perimeter? Lots of hypotheticals I know, but this seems like a really cool concept and I want to learn as much as I can!

Another good question! So, FEDRA has Harbingers of their own set up along the Quarantine zone. The wall is several stories tall, made of Harbinger-created concrete, and the concrete goes several stories underground as well. I forgot to mention this but with materials that have manipulated by a Harbinger cannot be manipulated by another Harbinger. It's like a signature. So, concrete Harbingers stuck inside cannot manipulate the concrete walls. People can certainly try going above or blasting their way below, but the wall is constantly guarded. Those who tried to escape early on were killed on sight, and that most likely made the others back off... for now, at least, to rethink and come up with a better plan.

One more ask: I obviously get why people would try to escape, but why would they want a cure for their powers? You said in the intro post that one of the main groups wants to head to the CDC and demand a cure. But why? Are the powers harming them in some way? Why wouldn’t they just want to escape?

You got a lot of good questions! So, right now, all I can say is that there is no escape for them right now in the Quarantine Zone with their abilities. So, their options are to fight their way out or try to alter the situation. And one of the ways to alter the situation is getting cured of the Harbinger Syndrome. There will most definitely be more answers (and questions) around that when the story advances.

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you! You got a lot of good questions that got my worldbuilding brain going ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:19 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

omni you have so many sbs howwwww
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:24 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@yosh rpmorpmorpmorpmo

future me will regret this

does this mean ur joining

sass levels loading

[he/him]

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2023 7:57 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

Just to update yallllll, I am thinking of having my character use Vines! Unless someone else would like Vines then we fight to the death

sass levels loading

[he/him]

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:00 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

Since I finally have the spelling down, I'd like to have my character use Pheromones!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:55 pm
View Likes
winterwolf0100 says...

Can I join? No idea if there’s still room 0.0
he/she/they

winter you are an adorable bean and I love your bad social awareness xD ~Omni
omni played robin hood, stole winter's brain cell ~Silver
winter is the only person who would survive the machine uprising ~Europa

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:59 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

@winterwolf0100 there are open spots! welcome!

sass levels loading

[he/him]

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:29 am
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

@Omni OMNOM HOW COULD YOU. RUDE.

Kidding., kidding! Since the one I originally had my eyes on (pheromones) got snagged, would you mind terribly if I snagged snoke? I mean, smoke? I had such fun ideas for pheromones… Maybe it’ll translate to this new ability? Hm, hmm. Honestly, it’ll be fun. Two smokes facing each other, trying to be the bestest, more badassiest smoker around? Mmhmm, I’d pay to watch that!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

378 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:11 am
View Likes
Omni says...

@ScarlettFire no u

jk smoke is one of the abilities I am okay with there being two people with ^^

sass levels loading

[he/him]

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:45 am
View Likes
LuminescentAnt says...

Hi can I reserve a spot with the lightning ability?

Also super dumb question because I still have not figured it out yet - it says that VAD-12 “all but ensured” FEDRA could catch Harbinger Syndrome, does that mean that they have Harbinger Syndrome, or they can’t get it? Sorry for the dumb question, “but”s always confuse me :)
The problem with quotes found on the internet is that they are often not true.
- Abraham Lincoln

LuminescentAnt ~ Lum ~ Ant
(she/her)

129 Reviews

Reviews: 129
Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:36 pm
View Likes
yosh says...

@Omni aaaa i wanna join but like,,, im in a so many sbs and rps rn and its kinda getting scary O-O
they told me to never give up on my dreams.

so i took another nap

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:18 pm
View Likes
keystrings says...

ScarlettFire wrote:@Omni OMNOM HOW COULD YOU. RUDE.

Kidding., kidding! Since the one I originally had my eyes on (pheromones) got snagged, would you mind terribly if I snagged snoke? I mean, smoke? I had such fun ideas for pheromones… Maybe it’ll translate to this new ability? Hm, hmm. Honestly, it’ll be fun. Two smokes facing each other, trying to be the bestest, more badassiest smoker around? Mmhmm, I’d pay to watch that!

@ScarlettFire Not to backtrack or anything but I’m fine with taking one of the other roles if you’d really want pheromones!
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
— Alvin Toffler