z

Young Writers Society

The Enchantress DT

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:29 pm
Liv says...

@Bugslake I'm sure you can change her name - I know fic is changing Beauty's!

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:40 pm
Lauren2010 says...

Will post my profile tonight!
Got YWS?

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:08 pm
Leahweird says...

Oh! Sorry Bugs! I didn't notice he question. (And thank you Liv for catching it) Of course you can give her a proper name. That goes for everyone, in fact. Even people who come with an actual name are welcome to change it.

ANd that's great Lauren! Can't wait!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:48 pm
crossroads says...

I was thinking of Elene's powers, and figured to discuss before editing anything in. I already said that magic affects her less/slower than other people - this includes both magic that's good for her and magic that's bad for her (so like if she's hurt, she couldn't be healed by magic any faster than naturally) - however, I'm not sure how far to take it. If someone, say, could create something with magic, it wouldn't disappear or get destroyed when she touches it, but I was thinking she could be able to be untouched by ongoing spells, like protection fields (as in, if there was something around Nerissa's castle keeping people out, she'd be able to walk in and not notice it at all). I was also thinking about the way it could affect others (in other words, why anyone would want her around xD), but having cursed people turn back or something seems too easy. So, how about she sort of brings forward the more human side of changed people? Like Ben could talk properly around her, Jasper could feel her touch through the mirror like they were touching properly, and so on..?
Or if that's too much I can just leave it at being affected way slower by magic which is directed at her precisely, while not affecting anything else around her in any way. I just want to clarify it all a bit more in her profile.

Second thing, can we plot a bit? I was thinking Nerissa wouldn't really know that Elene isn't a crow (since I imagine she just drove off in the carriage and didn't really care to check), and Elene could at some point talk to Jasper and he could tell Nerissa (if she asks, or if he simply dislikes El xP)...
Or idk, something xD I just want to push her into interacting with other characters ^-^

The brothers wouldn't be attacking cursed people, by the way, only the ones still in human form, as they see them as food.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

136 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:16 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

*sneaks on while at work and types frantically*

@ariaadams I love the idea that she's resistant, and I trust you to keep in touch with people about how much you can affect them and when it would be too simple to simply dispel something. The creeping past Narissa's boundaries aspect is great. Especially for a thief character.

Does any one else want to weigh in on how El's powers get used? Also, feel free to come up with something similarly special about your charrie. I like what Alvarin has done making the frog a scholar of magical artifacts. That has the possibility of being extremely useful.

Anyways, it's true that at this point Nariassa does not know that Elene isn't a crow, or that Marina isn't dead (which may or may not be something Jasper knows already. @queerelves thoughts?). This could easily change if/when they meet Jasper properly. I don't think he'd tattle but he might not have a choice. And El being able to touch him might freak him out. Currently the only other person who can do that is Narissa, so it's not very pleasant for him.

Any other plot ideas on the table?

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:31 pm
Lumi says...

hey bbs. i'll try to have my profile up tonight. right now i'm in pain like i got thrown into an RPG fantasy and an ogre clubbed my knee or something. also i'm strung out on painkillers so if i did a profile right now, lil' brother would be really lewis carroll-y. though maybe a drug-addicted stag would be pretty cool.

anyway my point is

uh

idk it'll be up tonight ilu guys ♥
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:40 pm
Shadowlight says...

Poor Lumi....

Snow Bear/Beast- who's real name is Sebastian will be posted tonight sometime. I promise. xD if not I know leah will get on my case...
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

136 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:46 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

Two more AMAZING profiles have been approved. I am so thrilled how everyone is interpreting things in such cool ways. I'm not really surprised though :3

@Lumi Little brother sounds epic. Don't stress to much about it though. I hope you feel better :(

@Shadowlight You know I will. If you don't get it in I'll be obsessing all night and be useful for nothing else.

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:44 pm
Shadowlight says...

Oh Lord the pressure!!!!

:shock:

136 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:52 pm
Leahweird says...

*evil laugh* Seriously though, don't stress about it. I still have to write Snows's although I have most of Narissa's ready to put up when I get home.

Oh! I had a thought! Will Elene's magic resistance be in conflict with Gerda's ability to talk to birds? Will it affect the brothers at all? How does it apply to cursed animals in general actually? That could be a fun element to play with.

42 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:59 pm
Shadowlight says...

Oh right! Because my character is a man cursed into an animals body....

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:34 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

No, Elene's thing doesn't affect other magic users directly (as in, they don't grow unable to use their magic in any way, it just kind of fails if they try using it on her).. As for the brothers, hm. I think she'd be able to talk to them, just like with any other bird. She'd be able to find out about their protectiveness over Elene, but they aren't really her brothers anymore, so they wouldn't have memories or thoughts or even the way of talking they had as humans.
Gerda might be able to make them calm down, though. If she convinces them or reaches an agreement of some sort so that they don't eat her and other possible companions xP

It would be much fun if Jasper would freak out at being able to touch her xD Since she'd quite like that fact, because it's not like she usually has much contact with people, not even cursed ones (except Eli on occasions).

Another thing, where are all the people at the beginning? I was thinking of putting Elene in Winterlands, where she maybe went to seek the Snow Queen's help (but she disappeared/couldn't do anything), and now she'd be traveling to Narissa's castle (which she was actively trying to avoid previously)...

I'm a little bit excited about this, can you tell? xP
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:32 pm
Alvarin says...

I have no idea where to put Ben.. I'll wait and see where there's other characters before I decide. Anywhere but the Winterlands, I guess, since I don't want him to freeze to death xD Also, I think I'll have him captured by a circus or something like that, where he'd be forced to perform. Does anyone want to free him? :)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:05 pm
View Likes
queerelves says...

Maybe Marina could find him and talk to him? Since she was left blind, if she just heard his voice she won't know he was a frog at first xD
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

136 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:40 pm
Leahweird says...

Yep, it's settled. Jasper is going to freak the heck out when he first meets Elene XD We'll see where it goes from there

As for where people are starting that's up to you, but my vague intent was to have Gerda (and now Elene, that works :3) meet up with Beauty at the Snow Queens palace. You're right that the Winterlands don't really work for a frog though, so perhaps you're right that Ben and a few others should start out in the borderlands.

I know where the wall goes.
— Creed, the Office