z

Young Writers Society

The Fifth Academy For Heroes In Training [DT]

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:28 am
kayfortnight says...

Oh...too bad. Unless he could have a sister? I'd have to change my idea some, but I was really liking it.

I looked through all the character profiles, but haven't finished reading the thread, so I didn't see it yet.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

Random avatar

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:05 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Or she could be from Gambit and Rogue in another of the marvel universes, since they have so many. That'd be interesting. "Hey, are you related to so and so?"

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:13 am
Lumi says...

@kayfortnight: Sure! I don't have any problem with that. c:
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

Random avatar

Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:15 am
kayfortnight says...

Alright. I'll go with alternate universe. Posting character once I figure out what her classes will be.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:11 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

kay!

Can your character and Gareth enter the story together? Like, wander around a bit or whatever before joining their teams? I haven't introduced him yet either, and some interaction might actually be nice. It could be interesting regardless if they'll be on the same team or not, if you don't have a plan of your own already :3
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:20 am
Lumi says...

Have them run into Dutchess--during which she will chide them relentlessly for being lazy slackers (even though they're not) and do general Mom things. She can sort them during the process.
-Shinji Moon

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:31 am
therealme says...

@AriaAdams I haven't introduced Jasper yet either. Perhaps the three characters could awkwardly wander around after leaving the Headmistress' office?

Unless you two wanna have a special one-on-one socially awkward get-to-know each other time xD I don't mind.

Only I think I still want to introduce Jasper after this challenge, not during. It depends on when you and @kayfortnight want to first bring in your characters to the storybook. I don't mind entering later than you guys.

Damn it, but traversing through the academy halls doing "Mum jobs" as Lumi said with less chaos and less people sounds pretty good to begin with...

Hmm… I'm now feeling torn. To introduce now or wait until after the challenge? :/
Last edited by therealme on Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

117 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:41 am
crossroads says...

I was thinking of during, but after could work too.. Depends.
Lumi, would they be told to go find and join their teams, or to go wait in their rooms or somewhere at the academy for the others to finish with the challenge?
- they/them -

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:46 am
therealme says...

Gah! I don't know anymore *head falls to keyboard*

Part of me is kinda leaning towards sooner now

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:57 am
Lumi says...

Dutchess would probably, like, teleport them to the battlefield herself. And drop them. And this works because both teams will be converging on the same area for Phase 3.

...at least, that's the way I saw it playing out in my head. No matter what your plans are, there are plenty of ways to make anything work at this point. :3
-Shinji Moon

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:08 am
therealme says...

That moment when you realise that Dutchess has all three of the same powers as your character and that there is nothing special about him that only he can do :(

745 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:20 am
Lumi says...

Dutchess is really generic and based on a villain from City of Heroes that was the most annoying boss fight because she could lift your entire party off the ground and slam you down.

You should give your guy sort of Psionic blast powers in addition to the generic psychic spectrum. 8D
-Shinji Moon

60 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:46 am
therealme says...

But I don't want to have too many powers, because that would be unfair to those whose characters only have small things (or only combat and/or weaponry abilities).

These are his powers at the moment:

- telekinesis
- telepathy
- teleportation

All of which he doesn't know how to use yet. But if you think I should add something else… perhaps I could give him something like chronokinesis (power to stop time) and/or being able to block other telepaths from entering my character's head. There's also enhanced teleportation where he would be able to teleport non-living things as well as living. I want to keep the powers related to The Tomorrow People (the tv show my character comes from) and those suggestions are plausible.

I wouldn't go all God-modding though. After all, he would be learning all these abilities for the first time, so I could balance out the amount of powers with his lack of experience and skill.

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:52 am
TinkerTwaggy says...

@kayfortnight Hai, newcomer :3 Enjoy reading the whole thing: trust me, it's really interesting. I only appeared recently as well. And a related to Gambit's a good idea! Does this imply the usual (and awesome) Kinetic power he has over objects?
"Is there a limit to how much living I can live with my life? How will I know if I've gone too far?
And why did I spend my life savings on sunglasses for a whale?
I shall find the answers... to these questions."

117 Reviews

Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:23 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Eehh let's not bring any powers over time in xD It's really not easy to follow when there's a lot of people and a lot of happenings and time manipulation as well, even if it's just stopping time >.>
- they/them -

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47