z

Young Writers Society

East of the Sun, West of the Moon DT

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:21 pm
View Likes
catcha01 says...

Alright I had just wanted to know so that I could put in the history. Thank you.
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:25 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

So,

Everyone I am hoping to start this SB by the weekend so PLEASE get your profiles done and posted so we can start!)

(also as it stands we have two slots left! The South Wind and the Unicorn, and I am more then willing to add characters as well so if you know someone who might like to join let me know!
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:48 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Ohay so, @RurouniOfLife and @LiptonCookie ~

Firstly, which genders are your winds?
Secondly, do they stand on anyone's side?
Thirdly, how do they like each other and West? (this is something we could discuss, but I kind of imagined WW to be a black sheep of the wind family, and always the one making a mess xD)
..whichevernumberly, how did you even imagine them, and how old are they in compare with each other and WW? (I figured they're kind of immortal and eternal as well, so there's no real point in giving them proper ages.. maybe they were all made at the same time anyway? That'd make sense, I think.)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:00 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

AriaAdams wrote:Ohay so, @RurouniOfLife and @LiptonCookie ~

Winds have genders..?
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:00 pm
View Likes
Sassafras says...

They're all male.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:09 pm
View Likes
LiptonCookie says...

AriaAdams wrote:Ohay so, @RurouniOfLife and @LiptonCookie ~

Secondly, do they stand on anyone's side?
Thirdly, how do they like each other and West? (this is something we could discuss, but I kind of imagined WW to be a black sheep of the wind family, and always the one making a mess xD)

1-As the others have said, they're all male, so :/ The gender is male as they're all brothers. I'm more like a nebulous or wispy spirit/ghostish thing that can sometimes embody myself into an animal if that helps.

2-I've been told that the Winds play mischief with the sisters as they go on their journey, I'm guessing, from what I've gathered, they're neutral. Though, I'm up for anyone to correct me...

3-Andddd the Winds' relationship? I guess it could be up for discussion, I like that idea with West being the black sheep of the group XD. Maybe the Winds can have a strained relationship depending on the Wind or a better one that others...throw some rivalry in there? Maybe the opposites could have a sense of strained relationship...? Feel free to add on Dx
"We'll just try to make better mistakes tomorrow." ~TDM

117 Reviews

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:27 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Who made them all male and all neutral? I only said I wanted WW to be that way..
Oh actually no, I did say all the winds should be pretty strong and the queens would probably want them on their side...Okay, neutral sounds good.

I didn't think they should all be male, though four wind brothers does sound kind of cute.. As for mischief, that's a trait I wanted to give WW. I don't know if it's something everyone's fond of so Shadow or someone decided to put it as their general personality, but it's much less fun if it's so by default and not something making him who he is and different from everyone else <.<

But I won't pry.. Maybe they could all sort of have that trait, but have some sort of deal that each keeps to his side of the world, which West keeps breaking just for the kicks.. or something..?
- they/them -

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:37 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

I have the bones of a profile - sorry, still haven't posted, life has been cray-cray, but I'll have it up tonight or tomorrow :)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

42 Reviews

Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:39 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

everyone, and the windy writers.

1) I was the one who said they should all Be Male.

2) I love the idea of the winds NOT being on anyone's side particularly- and each having their own trait. (The Sisters will have to go to each for something- you will get a pm from me explaining more) BUT I don't think they should all be the same. Like the west wind is Mischievous, the East would could be indecisive- afraid of offending someone, the South wind could be the conceited one- the North wind the wild and untamed/abrasive one. see what I'm driving at? all the characters are related (they are brothers) BUT very different

3) as for their relationship I will leave that up to you- but I would suggest winds of opposite direction aren't buddy buddy. But if you would rather them all be buddies then go for it. they are your characters!

@StellaThomas No worries, I'm not gonna go mental if you can't get it up right away. xD I might whip you with my wet spaghetti lash but.... only as a last resort.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:44 pm
View Likes
LiptonCookie says...

@AriaAdams No, I was suggesting neutral, but I see your points. I personally just see them as such.
Nonetheless, I was told that in the original tales that the Winds were essentially brothers who caused mischief for the sisters. Though this is an amalgam of tales, I'm sure that the mischief trait could easily be put up for discussion. I agree that if everyone's Wind default was mischief, readers might find the Winds bland and mix them up. Or maybe all the Winds could be mischievous or sly in their own way so we could avoid the blandness.

As for the relationships among the winds, I agree with Shadowlight, but what do you other winds think?
"We'll just try to make better mistakes tomorrow." ~TDM

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:49 am
View Likes
RurouniOfLife says...

*Just thinking out loud here*

( @AriaAdams + @LiptonCookie :3)

Even if the winds were made at the same time long ago in history, I still get the feeling that North would be the oldest/most powerful, then South, then West, then East bringing up the rear ''X3 (Not that South/West/East aren't powerful (Cause they very much are powerful o3o''), but that they're a little less popular/not as blatantly strong as North, and is goes down the line <u>'')

Plus, I dunno, I get the feeling that South is discontent with being second best/is kinda (really o-o) jealous of North and would do anything to be against him. It would make for good plot whether North decides to join up with the main group which would drive South to the other side, North decides to join the other side South would immediately give all his support to the main group (not necessarily out of generosity), or if South would help them anyway and would have to grudgingly bear North helping as well (or perhaps be driven to back-stab to get a dig at North? >u>) ((Plus, I dunno, I get the feeling South should be a girl. o-o Like, the only girl of the 4 o-o (and for some reason wears her hair in a pony tail =-=) *Doesn't know how she got the idea, but it doesn't need to be followed if ya'll don't like it <u>'''* I know they're all supposed to be guys, but the idea just came to me, ya know? <u>'))

*Throws hands up in the air* These are just ideas X3

What do ya'll think? <u>'
Last edited by RurouniOfLife on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lead, kindly Light. . .
Keep Thou my feet; I do not ask to see
The distant scene; one step enough for me

(*Was previously KatKage. Sorry for not saying earlier! ''X3*)

~*~ Love is the Answer ~*~

117 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:02 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

When I think of poles, honestly, I think of magnets, and the opposite ones attract rather than being, well, opponents.. but anyway.

I think they should be equally powerful, but in different ways, or that it could take them longer to reach different kinds of states. Like, North could be able to make really strong and affective magic really fast, while East could be master in making steady stuff which last for a long time, etc...? (the sides are random)
I don't think they should be different in strengths, I think they should kind of be as similar as they can be while being very different <.< Like, all capable of great things, but in different ways.. but maybe North-South-West-East could be the order in which the sisters would need to get those things from them?

In any case, my profile only lacks a picture now..
- they/them -

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:04 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Bring up another point, Summer Queen (@ReisePiecy) and Bevurth (My character) are on the same side, Reise has made it clear that her character will be going for World Domination. @Shadowlight never made it clear that The Salamender (My Character) was cool with this or not. I personally think her World Domination was provoked or tricked into happening by Irra Trollmother. (@Leahweird) by making Summer Queen think her Sisters were plotting against her. Which would shatter the Sisterhood between the four kingdoms, the Summer Queen would order her trusted Guardian to lead an Army against the three other kingdoms.

Nothing is cemented here, just how I see everything happening.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

117 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:06 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

Oh btw, I never read any of these stories you guys are referring to, at least not the same versions, so sorry.. If I'm supposed to follow the way WW is in some story or anything, please let me know, 'cause I made him up completely so far..

Also, yay for plotting, I think we'll have some quite lovely windy history to present :3
- they/them -

42 Reviews

Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:13 am
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

@AriaAdams -- No you're doing FINE Aria! Perfect. (Fyi- f you look up the story on Wiki it will give you a little overview on it. )

@Avalon- LOVE the plotting you and ReisyPeisy are up to! Perfect!

Just one not about the winds- I do want ALL of them to remain male- please. :3

Morning without you is a dwindled dawn.
— Emily Dickenson