z

Young Writers Society

The Selection DT

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:56 am
EllaBliss says...

LOL! That is TOO funny. Also, do the storybook a favor and make a first post!!
Oh, I'm such a fool! I can't be free!
No escape from the storm inside of me!
I can’t control the curse!
Please, you’ll only make it worse!
There’s so much fear! You’re not safe here!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:57 am
crossroads says...

Yup, working on it c:
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 am
Alvarin says...

I edited my post, just so you all know. Kind of missed that Majesty was talking to Eve and not to all of them >.> I blame the time and the energy drink.
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 am
TickSeed says...

Sorry if I'm posting to much
My muse seems to have shown up after a long vacation, haha

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:58 am
Alvarin says...

There's no such things as too many posts!

Note to the rest of you.. Eve really isn't easy to see through, almost impossible, but since psychology is Reina's field of expertise I don't mind ;)
“Are you looking for sympathy? You'll find it in the dictionary between shit and syphilis”
― Thomas Harris

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:06 am
TickSeed says...

I was hoping you wouldn't mind too much.
I wanted to go into more detail (I love psychology) but I didn't want to bore you with Reina totally geeking out like a human text book

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:30 am
Auxiira says...

I get up at 6am, and this is what I get... Please give me a bit of space to post?
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:51 pm
Auxiira says...

Go crazy people!

(Nikola will be a bit of a line wolf, though she will talk to people. She may come across a bit cold...)
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:07 am
Sunshine says...

Posted!

@EllaBliss; I was checking out the character's profiles and I saw that Majesty was six foot tall and 100 pounds. I don't mean to be rude or anything, and I know it isn't that important, but it sort of bugged me. That would make Majesty seriously unhealthy.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:11 am
crossroads says...

So, El, I was wondering.. could you tell us more or less what are they supposed to do? Like, after those pictures are taken and all, I take it they should go to the dinner, some kind of ball or something when they meet CIA (I'll just keep calling him so) and then.. free time?

Also, CIA can, theoretically, walk into their living room or whatever it is they have, at any time, right? Or like, demand stuff or order stuff?

I haven't read the books, so I have no idea what the plot should be like xP I mean, I don't think we should follow the books in the plot itself, but maybe yes in the process of the selection, at first at least.

Oh also, I think @Pencil2paper is requesting to join on the SB page. I'm pretty sure you didn't get a notification for that, so just to let you know because it's easily overlooked xP

edit. Also, they all might be great actors and amazingly smart, but don't forget that CIA has lived his life pretending, practically, being the perfect figure on the outside and a mess when you get to know him.. they shouldn't all be quite able to see through his smiles and actions and words etc. that easily ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

17 Reviews

Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:44 pm
View Likes
EllaBliss says...

1. It's usually free time, princess classes, or a date with the prince (If he summons you) between meals.

2. Yeah, he can demand stuff, even stuff against the law (Perhaps breaking virginity with him before marriage,) and it's against the law AND The Selection rules to refuse whatever the prince asks for from you.

3. Basically, the prince is holding a competition to find a wife. That's kind of all that we need. The plot will depend on how we want to write. Squeeze in a few rebel attacks here and there.

4. Okay, I'll check that.

5. Since CIA is a fluent actor, he could probably see through their acts too.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:48 am
View Likes
kayfortnight says...

Checking in, profile and first post will be up ASAP.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:02 am
Pencil2paper says...

Checking in. My profile's up now. Is it okay that my character is in caste 8 but is going to compete? She hides her scar with her hair and I'm working on a backstory of how she got through to the actual competition now...
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

17 Reviews

Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:43 am
EllaBliss says...

"Checking in. My profile's up now. Is it okay that my character is in caste 8 but is going to compete? She hides her scar with her hair and I'm working on a backstory of how she got through to the actual competition now..."

1. Nice profile, I love it!

2. Caste eight is okay, but she would be looked down upon by everyone in the competition. I mean, she might find a friend. My character has a risk of being reduced to an eight anyways, so she might consider being friends.

3. Hurry up on the backstory!

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:13 am
kayfortnight says...

Well, try one of integrating my character hasn't yet come to fruition, so I suppose I'll talk to people directly. :) The trials of being late to the party. I think she's going to shyly and demurely approach Reina and Majesty and ask them how they like they palace, maybe a few other pleasantries.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

Chickens are honestly little dinosaurs. And they know it.
— ChieRynn