z

Young Writers Society

East of the Sun, West of the Moon DT

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:55 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

@Leahweird him being a woodcutter's son would actually work well - we were thinking of having Elsie and Greta's father be a farmer

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:58 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Yes yes yes omg The Snow White & Rose Red parallels stuck out at me as well! Snow White is more whimsical/dreamy/adventurous/fun/naive (and blonde!) and Rose Red is more practical/grounded/sensible/boring (and brunette). Snow eventually falls in love with and marries the bear-prince although of course that could totally change... What's the Bear's story?

I don't know if people have noticed I'm a little bit excited about this storybook.

I think we've decided we live alone with our father. But perhaps like the mother in SW & RR he was super-protective - is it possible that their friendship with Kei was a secret? As in, they used to play in the woods and meet him there? Their father probably didn't approve of boys... But then their lives are sort of stagnant and they want to go adventuring and Kei doesn't turn up to their meeting spot so the girls leave.

Maybe the guilt of leaving their father could be always tugging them and making them feel like they have to turn back/could be used to manipulate them?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:03 pm
View Likes
Liv says...

Well wow, the snow white description just fit my plans for Elsie's character to a T, even the blonde part, and I didn't even know! Hahahaha

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:07 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

StellaThomas wrote:I don't know if people have noticed I'm a little bit excited about this storybook.

Nope, we had no clue xD

I imagined the winds being more or less neutral, but very powerful allies/opponents. They (at least West) don't care about hierarchy and borders and stuff, so perhaps if either queen wanted either of them on their side, they'd have to get imaginative.. and maybe need the sisters for that? How old are these characters anyway?

Also, WW will pretty much wander all around for eternity, so s/he..it?.. could know some characters prior to the plot...?
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:11 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

StellaThomas wrote:Yes yes yes omg The Snow White & Rose Red parallels stuck out at me as well! Snow White is more whimsical/dreamy/adventurous/fun/naive (and blonde!) and Rose Red is more practical/grounded/sensible/boring (and brunette). Snow eventually falls in love with and marries the bear-prince although of course that could totally change... What's the Bear's story?

I was actually kind of thinking like, The Salamender, Snow Bear, and Unicorn, and some other fourth entity, I dunno, the crow? (For Spring or Autum I forget who has which.) I mean there all named as they are for some reason. Like since I took the Salamender and She is to be the faithful personal bodyguard to the Summer Queen.

Unicorn could be the wise advisor to the Childlike Spring Queen.

The Fourth entity, which I thought of the Crow, could be the smart medicine man to the ailing Autumn Princess.

Finally Snow Bear could be the kind and loving heart to the frozen heart and emotionally shut down, oldest Snow Queen.

@Shadowlight, it's just my personal look but it seems each Queen would have there own "Animal" guide to help guide them in trouble.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:35 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

That is such a cool idea, Avalon :o
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:53 pm
View Likes
fictionfanatic says...

I like that idea about the animals
Live, Love, Laugh

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:57 pm
View Likes
catcha01 says...

Thank you, but it won't let me submit a character biography
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

50 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:47 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

I mean there only animals in title, they could actually be humans with everything above.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:04 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Good Lordy you little wild ones have been busy!

Okay because the whole linking peoples names doesn't work for me please bare with me and deal. XD

StelaThomas- YES to you being Greta, YES to everything you have plotted so far- LOVE it every bit!

Leahwierd- LOVE the Kei and Greta being mutual crushes on one another and arne't you a clever one for picking up on the other fairy tale hints.... and here I thought i was being subtle. xD

Liv- Yes to your plots bunnies as well, love them every one- JUST make sure you Leah and Stella keep on the same page.

Avalon- If you read the story the snow queen or east of the sun west of the moon you will see there is a recurring theme of 4 with either old women, animals, the winds and what not- and yes the idea of the animal helpers to the queens is delightful but remember to be creative about it! think outside the box everyone! The animals can be helpers, slaves, devoted lovers, offspring- whatever you want!

Cacha01- THe reason you can't do that yet is because I as the storybook creator have to approve you joining the sb and your profile (and I was at work all day so I haven't been online!)

AriaAdams- I am SO glad your wind is male... I was gonna pm you about that. xD but you said it first- ALL THE WINDS ARE MALE As is the Unicorn.

(there is too much estrogen in this SB, we need testosterone. Lol)

ALSO ReisyPeisey is joining us as the Summer Queen!
(Avalon- pm her and work out your charries relationship please.)

Okay I think I covered all the questions- if I missed one just let me know.

I am SO excited everyone is SO excited!

ONE last thing- I am going to be writing up a little bit of a plot skeleton for myself to keep the sb on track and I will be PMing all of you privately with little secret tidbits on your characters (things they have or goals) but in the case of the sisters I will pm you both so they are on the same page.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:07 pm
View Likes
Leahweird says...

You were being very subtle. I am just really good at playing "spot the fairytale".

And this is looking more and more awesome. Can't wait to see what goodies we're in for.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:26 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Don't worry, we three will keep each other up to date! I need to write my profile... Have to find a pic first!

50 Reviews

Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:29 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Spot the fairytail ha, this is going to be an entertaining SB.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:30 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

No rush Stella we still have multiple slots open that need filling. Send the word out!

And Yes Avalon- Spot the Fairy tale indeed :3
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:36 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

My kind of SB ;)

@Liv, @Leahweird, I was going to write in that the girls' mother died of smallpox when the kids were very young, and that Greta contracted it but survived, but still has the scars. It's era appropriate! Maybe Elsie had been taken in by an aunt or something and wasn't affected. And that she's buried in their front garden under two rose bushes, one red, one white, just like in Snow White and Rose Red. And that their father is super protective of his daughters because he doesn't want to lose them like he lost his wife. What do you guys think?

Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
— Kyle Chandler