z

Young Writers Society

Evangeline's Song DT

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu May 22, 2014 11:18 pm
queerelves says...

I wasn't completely sure what to put in Cadugan's profile because I wasn't really sure what happened :P
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Mon May 26, 2014 1:01 am
Snowery says...

Sorry I'm taking forever with my profile guys. Now that review day is over I'll try and get it done as soon as possible.
The World Is Mine.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Mon May 26, 2014 8:20 am
ScarlettFire says...

Ugh. I'm afraid I can't join in on this one, Aria. I'm doing way too much when I should be focusing on writing. Feel free to tag me in future SBs of yours. I might have more time to join in.

(Now, if only WFP's server wasn't down. Maybe then I could do something. x.x)
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon May 26, 2014 8:32 am
View Likes
crossroads says...

We're staring on Wednesday, if it works for everyone.

I'll have the profiles up till then (honestly, I have everything but pictures for both, and it's driving me crazy). You can use whichever person and tense you want, but be consistent (as in, if you choose first person present, then don't switch to third person past in your next post unless there's some logical reason). I think you all know everything else about writing posts, so I won't preach any more for no reason xP

There's no order in which people need to post, but check with your captains before posting the first post, so you're all sure where your ship even is at that point xD
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Mon May 26, 2014 1:41 pm
Ehtaniel says...

Hello,
I'd like to participate to that SB, which would be my first one. So, if it's time, you can count me in. My only problem is that I've two ideas of character and I don't know which one choose. :)

117 Reviews

Mon May 26, 2014 1:47 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Sure, welcome aboard~

Which ship would you put each of your characters on? I'd suggest you to go with the one you could torture more in some way, but that's just my way of thinking xD One you feel more comfortable with, maybe? What is each of them like? Maybe you could put together a profile for both and see which one seems right then~
- they/them -

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Mon May 26, 2014 8:00 pm
Ehtaniel says...

I guess it'll also depends on which ship accept me aboard. :p
So, here's a little presentation of both character (they don't have name, I'll look for one when I know which character I'll keep).

- For the pirate ship, a deserter from the us army. As it's 1863, I make the assumption that the Civil Was happened also in this uniform, so were in the middle of it. And that character, a young man who's around 20-22, had leave his job at the beginning of war (two years ago). He was quite cheerful at the beginning, but after the first battle things began to change. After two years (so a few weeks/months before the beginning of the story) and a battle too many, he deserted, leaved the country and (after a few events) ended on the pirate ship, with not much experience of navy. So he's confined to basic tasks, sleeping scarcely has nightmares are always after him.

- For the ghost ship, the ghost of a 17th century pirate, looking around 30. He was an officier on a pirate ship, but due to some jealousy with another pirate (perhaps over a woman ? the man isn't really chatty about that), he find a way to sell the other pirate, but doing so he betrayed the rest of the crew. Every member of the crew ended captured and executed. As the betrayer, he was spared by the autority, and cursed by his former mates. Shortly after that, he died, on that point details are also scarce. Since that time, he "lives" as the ghost and ended on the Evangeline, perhaps after "serving" on other ghost ships. He's looking for atonement, but don't know how to achieve it, he's doubtful about what the Heaven are waiting for him.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue May 27, 2014 11:57 am
Auxiira says...

Hey @AriaAdams, I'm going to have to drop out. All my character ideas have fled and I've got just too many for me to manage with my revisions which I'm starting soon.
You read faster than Usaine Bolt sprints xD - Deanie 2014

I wanted all to sparkle and dance in a glorious jubilee. - Cathy, Wuthering Heights

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Wed May 28, 2014 11:16 am
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Are we starting? Who is starting? Where are we starting?
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Wed May 28, 2014 8:55 pm
AfterTheStorm says...

I apologize for not getting my profile up yet, Aria. I've been working with the radioplay, and it's been a bit time-consuming, along with exams and final projects. x( I'll have plenty of time Thursday afternoon, though!!!
"And after the storm..." ~Mumford and Sons

You can't have a rainbow without a little rain.

Got Squills?
Proverbs 31:25

Spoiler! :
Made you look.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu May 29, 2014 4:32 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

Annnd profile is in! Finally xD
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

117 Reviews

Thu May 29, 2014 5:09 pm
View Likes
crossroads says...

Woot!
When I said Wednesday, by the way, I clearly meant Thursday xD Be prepared o.o
- they/them -

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat May 31, 2014 10:54 am
View Likes
Rydia says...

And when you said Thursday ;)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Sat May 31, 2014 11:42 am
Snowery says...

My profile is up! :D Sorry it took so long :/

I just wanted to say though, that I hope to be able to make a first post but I'm not entirely sure. If I don't, just to let you know, Violene (pronounced vee-oh-len) is going to be a stowaway on the Majestic, so she doesn't need to be discovered for a while.

I was thinking though, that mean while for whoever is on the Majestic @Birkhoff, you guys can hear these scary thumping, scratching and occasionally shrieking noises. They're obviously from Vi but seeing as we're following a ghost ship and all, it can lead to some interesting and possibly humorous situations, especially once she's found :D
The World Is Mine.

117 Reviews

Sat May 31, 2014 2:00 pm
crossroads says...

Ugh sorry. For some reason iPad is refusing to open the PP I have my post in for the last few days >.<

And I used PiratePad because "WFP is buggy". How very smart of me.
- they/them -

So verily with the hardship, there is a relief, verily with the hardship, there is a relief.
— Quran Ch 94:5-6