Young Writers Society

Beyond the Darkness

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sat May 28, 2022 4:04 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"You know, I've interrogated a few prisoners myself. It's been a while though."
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Sat May 28, 2022 4:07 pm
Ljungtroll says...

"You seem like you'd be good at it," he allowed, adding sugar to the coffee. It as blonde as coffee could get at this point.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

Formerly RavenLord, formerly GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:29 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

(I always imagined Tarkin as a black coffee dude but seeing him with a blondie starbucks drink is hilarious, should be 100% canon)

He grinned, showing his teeth. "I wonder now, wouldn't it be easier to let me get a few tidbits of information from our poor prisoner my way, so you'd have less work to do?" He doubted he'd be taken up on the offer but it was worth a shot.
"Nobody has an easy time in this world. Either you climb out of the muck and become a human being, or you die." - Josh Randall, Wanted: Dead or Alive

112 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:50 pm
Ljungtroll says...

(I kind of headcanon that he can and will drink black coffee but has a sweet tooth he can't rid himself of. Eating and drinking has been taught to him as being a fight for survival on the Plateau, so he might not want his coffee to battle his tastebuds)

"It won't be much work, judging from the look of this one." He sipped the coffee, sighing contentedly.
"The artist deals with what cannot be said in words. The artist whose medium is fiction does this in words. The novelist says in words what cannot be said in words." --Ursula K. Le Guin

she/her

75 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:56 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Hm...perhaps." He found himself wanting to know what the prisoner was hiding. He'd hidden his desire for revenge for a long time, since it simply wasn't feasible, but if there was a chance to become a thorn in the Dooku's side...

112 Reviews

Sat May 28, 2022 4:59 pm
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"What could you possibly do with that onformation, besides sell it?" Tarkin asked.

she/her

75 Reviews

Tue May 31, 2022 11:57 pm
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Perhaps our goals are more alike than we realize." He poked in the dirt with his stick, scribbling meaningless figures with it. "Though we are far from friends we do share an enemy."

112 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:03 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Then come to the base and apply to be a member of our group. Assist us in our cause."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:18 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"An enemy, not enemies. There's no stopping the Empire. I'm only concerned with the fate of the Count, though it would be nice to see that half-droid freak of his killed off as well."

((The murder of that whole village later is going to change his mind a little))

112 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:22 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Yupp)

"Grievous?" He snorted. "A bug, nothing more. The real concern is the collective."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:36 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Perhaps for you. But no, I'd rather not join a failing cause."

(so either Tarkin seeks out Sirejj for help with the capture of Dooku (going off what the prisoner said) or Sirejj finds out what the rebellion is planning due to some leaked info or a spy (would be more interesting if he actually caught the spy and brought them in before they could get word to the empire) and showed up himself to offer his services)

112 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:40 am
Ljungtroll says...

(I like the last idea about catching the spy!)

"It's not failing yet."

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:42 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

(Do you want to do it with an NPC or play a character? And would it be anyone in particular or just some person?)

"Yet."

112 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:01 am
Ljungtroll says...

(Let's do an NPC; I can't think of anyone in particular at the moment)

"You seem so unwilling to give us a chance; we've neither failed nor succeeded yet and you seem certain of our fate." He sipped at his coffee again.

she/her

75 Reviews

Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:08 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

He thought about that for a moment. The Rebellion was even more pathetic than the Separatists had been. The separatists at least had had the support of some major political forces. Their future did seem bleak for them but he did have to admit technically anything could happen.

If I had control over the quote generator, I feel like I would put half of YWS in it.
— Kaia