z

Young Writers Society

From the Lands Turned to Soot

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri May 20, 2022 1:02 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She would appear again not far behind them when they reached the shelter. She'd walk up and start to fish her tools out of her satchel. "Couldn't find him." She shrugged.
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri May 20, 2022 1:29 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Told you." Jackson was setting up a tent and a tarp. Roland sat on a rock massaging his feet. Bug was nearby, winding his own key.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

Formerly RavenLord; GrandWild
she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:16 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

Rhys observed that for a moment. Then went over to Rolland. "Let me see those chains."
Fey he seemed, or the battle-fury of his fathers ran like new fire in his veins, and he was borne up on Snowmane like a god of old, even as Oromë the Great in the battle of the Valar when the world was young. - The Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:18 am
Ljungtroll says...

Roland offered her his hands. "Will this hurt?" he asked nervously.
"I’m thinking about the aurora borealis. You can’t tell if it really does exist or if it just looks like existing. All things are so very uncertain, and that’s exactly what makes me feel reassured." --Too-Ticky

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:23 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Might if I nick you with the saw or file but I'm not going to hack your hand off." She pulled out a small round file and frowned, but began to make a an indention in the cuff where she could later place a saw. It was a small saw, more for cutting metal pipes for gunsmithing or making other small tools, but it would have to do. "We're gonna be here a while though.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:24 am
Ljungtroll says...

"So long as they come off. My poor wrists have to have been rubbed to the bone."

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:29 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Not quite to the bone but you'll definitely need some treatment for those wounds. Hold still. Care to talk to me about that map while I work?" She glanced at Jackson.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:32 am
Ljungtroll says...

"Oh, oh sure!" Jackson stopped working around on the tent and dug around in their backpack. They came up with a many-times folded piece of parchment. They unfolded it and lay it across a rock. "There we go!"

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:34 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Gonna have to read it and explain some things as I've got to keep my eyes on him so he doesn't lose a hand or I a finger." She filed away. This would take hours.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:40 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"Sure! So we're here in the Eastern Sector, which used to be Leona. I estimate we're in what used to be in the Unid Woods. The village of Ravam should be a few weeks from here?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:43 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

A few weeks. That seemed rather desolate. She'd look at the map and try to remember if she had another cache hidden somewhere that direction. Last time she was this way she hadn't been alone.

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 2:50 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

"And we've been steering clear of the spirits' domains pretty well. I think there's one coming up soon. Better circle around..."

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 3:13 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

"Probably a good idea."

115 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 3:16 am
View Likes
Ljungtroll says...

They nodded. "Yep. Can you pause and take a look and see if you know anything useful we don't?"

she/her

75 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2022 3:20 am
View Likes
ChieTheWriter says...

She turned and looked over the map for a moment. "So where are we now, in here somewhere?" She took the file and pointed to a place on the map which outlined the cliffs and rough terrain they were travelling through.

The first draft is a trip to the amusement park. The next drafts are returning there as a safety inspector.
— SunsetTree