Young Writers Society

Crime™

174 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 174
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:15 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Oh," Kazimir said with a grin. "I've got lightning, man. Electricity. My magic is electric, baby."
Pants are an illusion. And so is death.

935 Reviews

Reviews: 935
Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:17 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"That's cool," Derik laughed, grinning at him before he had a chance to actually think about how to respond. You can just like --? Zzz!"

Derik vaguely waved his hand towards the door.

"u and rina are systematically watering down the grammar of yws" - Atticus
"From the fish mother to the fish death god." - lehmanf
"A fish stole my identity. I blame shady" - Omni
[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:22 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"If I could use it, yes," Kazimir said, pointing his fingers as the door like a gun. He was envisioning creating a powerful bolt of lightning, and blowing the door off its hinges.

"Except, well, it is very loud. My ears are special, but yours might be ringing for days if I just-- you know. Blam. Right here. Then again, you could always like, plug your ears. I guess."

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:25 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"I mean, apparently my vision's gonna be swimming 'til I figure out how to get out of here," Derik grumbled. "Rather have ringing ears and be out doing what I need to do than sitting in here all tripped out, y'know? I'd be down for the pew, pew"

Derik also made finger guns towards the door.

[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:28 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"Oh, oooooooooh," Kazimir drawled out with a laugh, putting on a mocking baby-voice. "So you want me to break you out, huh? You want big daddy Kazzy to get baby waby Derik out of the big scary wary holding cell."

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:31 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Derik blinked at him, considering not dignifying it with a response. And then he considered pointing out that yes, obviously, he wanted to be not-in-here and he was sure that if he offered to break them both out then Kazimir would also want that. But, instead, "Got them special ears but a basicc mouth."

[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:35 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir burst out laughing. His loud belly laugh echoed off the concrete walls and he fell down onto his back, rolling to the side next to Derik.

"And you've got a basic bod, no-magic man," Kazimir retorted.

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:42 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Derik laughed too. No-magic-man seemed like it'd be a fun thing to call his oldest brother when he got home. Maybe Mikkel would laugh; maybe Derik would die. Either way, it'd be funny.

It occurred to him that he wasn't quite sure whether magic was legal in Nye or not. Or if people here knew that the R'hyk existed. He'd tested when he came to this realm that the R'hyk did, in fact, work here. Except for apparently in their prisons.

"Wait, is magic legal--" Derik cut himself off, realizing the absurdity of the situation. "Guess it doesn't matter, huh? What are they gonna do, arrest us?"

[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:45 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"What?" Kazimir scoffed. "Of course it's legal. You know, if you don't use it for illegal things. They just don't want criminals using it. That's what Lumshade is for."

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:47 am
View Likes
Shady says...

"Ah." That was good to know. Not that it helped him just then. "Were you using yours for illegal things, then?"

[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:51 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"NO," Kazimir almost shouted a little too aggressively as he sat back up, looking down at Derik. "But Jada the -- the guard. She's got a grudge against me and I was just trying to save my FUCKING FRIEND!!!"

He shouted it in hopes that the people outside the cell would hear, but he knew he was being actively ignored.

He groaned.

"And now he's probably dead in a ditch somewhere because stupid guards don't care if you're on a time crunch to get your kidnapped best friend back from some bald-headed ugly bastard."

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:55 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Derik watched Kazimir calmly, nodding slightly to make it seem like he was engaged. People this impassioned only tended to get more and more worked up if they didn't think you cared enough.

Then.

"Wait!" Derik's full attention snapped to Kazimir. He didn't believe in coincidences. "When? And from where?"

[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:58 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

Kazimir looked over to Derik.

“Over at the fuckin’ Kilborg Inn,” he shot back. “Baldy walked off with Marcus shoved in the back of a fuckin’ wagon like a damn hostage victim and — oh, he fuckin’ got Marcus like a few days ago, but I’ve been tailing him. I almost had him! What I would’ve given to see his face just...”

He paused, holding his hands out in front of him, imagining the man’s skull between them.

“... fry between my hands.”

935 Reviews

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:01 am
View Likes
Shady says...

Derik would have been alarmed at the mental image of someone's head being electrocuted -- up close and personal. But he was too distraught at the thought that he was this close and now was going to have to pick up the scent all over again. He let his head fall back against the wall and sighed heavily. "That man's a fucking terror."

[they/he]

174 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:02 am
View Likes
soundofmind says...

"You know him?" Kazimir asked, whirling around to him. "Who is he? The hell's he want with Marcus?"

The sun can square up and fight me. Apollo is just another bi disaster, and I could take him.
— AlmostImmortal