z

Young Writers Society

Report a site bug

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:53 pm
OverEasy says...

Hey Nate sorry to bug you, for some reason whenever I click the blogs section this pops up.

Spoiler! :
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_text() (previously declared in /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/blogs.php:262) in /home/ywsfred/public/youngwriterssociety.com/public/includes/functions_custom.php on line 783

Thanks, you're awesome as always
Life is for living.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:38 pm
Nate says...

@OverEasy ->> Thanks for spotting that and I apologize for the issue! All should be good now.

@Sunshine1113 ->> Regarding tapatalk, that's outside anything I can do as it's a third party app. But with most mobile apps, uninstalling it then reinstalling usually does the trick. Tapatalk also has a support site:
https://support.tapatalk.com/

@fortis ->> Unfortunately, I'm not sure why it's not working for you. My guess is that Google has changed the formatting of the url and the media bbcode isn't picking up on that. I'll take a closer look soon.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:44 am
View Likes
birk says...

@Nate

For several people, the site feed and 'new posts' section of the forum tab doesn't seem to be updating.

For me, it appears to have frozen around a little over 20 hours ago. There has definately been activity after that.

- Edit

Back to normal. I'm assuming it was either a freak incident or you were doing something. ;)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

508 Reviews

Reviews: 508
Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:32 pm
dragonfphoenix says...

Don't know if this has been reported yet, but the text beneath the multiple tabs on users' profiles shifts when you hover over the other ones.

This thingy (cuz my brain has gone to mush).
D.F.P., Knight Dragon

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:58 pm
View Likes
Lava says...

Sorry to bother you Nate, but I think it would be cool if there are multiple contributors to a lit work, then all of their usernames should appear on the Spotlight.

(I just noticed fortis,alpha and ancientforever's Pyramid of Rebirth, but the front page only mentions fortis' name.)

Thanks!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:44 pm
crossroads says...

Um, I'm having an odd problem, I seem to be unable to see pictures on YWS (apart from ads). I don't see them at all - no avatars, no linked pics, no attachment pics, no gender icons... The buttons are visible and work normally, and everything functions, so it's not about it not loading properly (or maybe it is but it affects only pictures?)... Safari, iPad.

Oh and also, another thing has been happening for a while. Whenever I'm on a club's site (say, forums of a club), and click on the club's name on the side rather than the "wall" tab, it shows me that "oops, we couldn't find that! This is embarrassing..." page. It's not a big deal since, well, I can just click the "wall" tab and see the club's wall, but it's still a bug, so I figured to mention it while I'm here.
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Oct 07, 2014 1:39 am
Iggy says...

I'm having the same problem as Aria - iPhone 5C, safari.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:13 pm
r4p17 says...

I am having the same problem on an iPad Air, though only on people's walls.
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:09 am
crossroads says...

Oh. I don't know what happened and if someone did something, but I can see pictures normally now~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:10 pm
carbonCore says...

- Include your browser and version: Chrome 37
- Time problem occurred: 10:07 AM but not time-sensitive
- Your operating system: Win7
- A detailed description of what happened. What section were you on? What were you doing? What were you trying to do?

Clicking the date link on a comment (http://puu.sh/c6ONn/9758fc19b4.png) is supposed to generate a link to that specific comment. However, while the comment ID is correct, the user ID is not. If Alice posted on Bob's wall, clicking on Alice's comment would generate a link with the proper comment ID but with Alice's user ID, rather than Bob's, resulting in a broken link.
_

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:09 pm
KingLucifer says...

Due to recent problems with my PC I've been having to access YWS though my PS3. But recently I've been getting that the page couldn't be displayed even though the site seems to be working. I don't know if it's YWS or my PS3 but I thought best to see if it might be a problem with YWS.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

417 Reviews

Reviews: 417
Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:55 pm
View Likes
Willard says...

@Avalon I thought I was the only one who checked YWS through their PS3

I'm also having the same problem. but I'm pretty sure it's PS3, as I can't access any other site on it, only Google

"Words say little to the mind compared to space thundering with images and crammed with sounds."

stranger, strangelove, drstrangelove, strange, willard

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:12 pm
KingLucifer says...

@Strangelove Update: Turns out it's not a problem with the site but with Sony as they say there's some bug that's not allowing PS3 users to see sites like Facebook, Twitter, and other sites of the sorts. YWS happens to fall under one of those sites that can't be seen.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:02 pm
Lumi says...

Windows 7, Chrome, Deleting a thread on a club forum. :]

Redirected to an error page with the following:
Spoiler! :
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in '(`ywsfred_yws`.`yws_pages_topics`.`topic_replies` - 1)' [1690]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator immediately at webmaster@youngwriterssociety.com with a copy of this error message. Do not hesitate, but please be nice!

It says to be nice, so I added a smilie! ;]
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:41 pm
BellaRoma says...

When I post a work in the publishing center, it saves it as a draft and still takes 250 points off me. I'm having to pay twice as many points to post!
It's happened the last two times I've added works, on two different computers, so it's not my PC.
Does anyone know what's going on? :( Is it just me?
Please will you look into it?
You cannot train yourself to notice,
To feel pain, and swallow fear

Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow. Education is neither Eastern or Western; it is human.
— Malala