z

Young Writers Society

Avatar Gallery Bug Report (fixed)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:44 pm
Nate says...

I'm not sure how many noticed since I only recieved a few PMs about it, but when you went to the avatar gallery, you could only see the "Animals" section. The problem is now fixed, and YWS members once again have access to thousands of avatars if they don't want to upload one. As before, once you pick an avatar, that avatar is taken out of the database until you change it. That way, no two people can have the same avatar.

The problem was a conflict with the "Away Message" modification. I tried to fix it and keep it, but the mod was so terribly written that I decided to just get rid of it. Shouldn't be a loss since so few used it, and it didn't do what I was looking for (wanted something that if you got a pm while away, the sender would automatically get a reply back saying that you were gone on vacation or wherever else).

Since the avatar gallery is now fixed, let me know if there is a new section that you would like to see. Individual avatar requests will not be taken since you can upload those yourself, but general requests, such as horses, nature, or futuristic avatars, will be listened to.

To have more, you have to become more. Don't wish it was easier - wish you were better. For things to change, you have to change, and for things to get better, you have to get better.
— Jim Rohn