z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:06 pm
JFW1415 says...

I can't get to the La Plume Noire Usergroup. It has a weird message every time I open it. It says 'Debug Mode,' but none of the other usergroups seem to have this problem.

Internet Explorer, 4:04 PM GMT-4

(Sorry if you know of this already, or if you are just working on it!)

~JFW1415

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:09 pm
Via says...

Nate>> I'm pretty sure I started at home (www.youngwriterssociety.com) then went to the posts, and then hit refresh. But, I honestly couldn't be certain!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:46 pm
View Likes
JFW1415 says...

Nate wrote:It's fixed!

Thanks, Nate! I really wanted to join that usergroup, even though it's not that active. (I'm not active in usergroups either, so that's okay.) :P

~JFW1415

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:36 pm
Emerson says...

Buggies!

When ever I get to the "Your message has been entered successfully" it has grown a tendency not to refresh. I'm tolerant of it, but I also like the auto refresh! And on the featured works, the links are not in line with what is displayed. I told this to Mesh so she may have told you already, and I haven't checked to see if it was fixed. She said it was probably a misplaced comma in the coding. :P
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:02 pm
NewWriter says...

I keep losing my points every time I leave the site. When I leave I have something like 425 and when I log on next I have exactly 300. Every time it's 300, no matter what I had when I logged off. This started a few weeks ago and I would appreciate it getting fixed. I use Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3.

Also, the points for everyone aren't showing up on my screen. It's workable, but it's annoying, like the non/auto-refresh. Is that my browser or is it a bug? I don't know, but it would be nice if the points showed up.
Last edited by NewWriter on Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 pm
Emerson says...

NewWriter wrote:I keep losing my points every time I leave the site. When I leave I have something like 425 and when I log on next I have exactly 300. Every time it's 300, no matter what I had when I logged off. This started a few weeks ago and I would appreciate it getting fixed. I use Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3.

This depends when you're getting back on the site. The points reset once a week to allow for a new point contest. So, expect them to reset! You aren't loosing them, you only have enough points for one week.

Hope that helps!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:26 pm
Meshugenah says...

Also, points aren't used in every forum, and as such, don't appear in the side profile bar thing in those forums. You should, however see them in the lit. forums, as well as the lounge and randomness, and the welcome forum (off the top of my head).

(And Anna :P You know I know nothing about coding beyond what I need to get stuff up in the header! )

ETA: Hmm, I seem to have acquired the same as Anna described above ^^ I'm on firefox, a PC, PST, just now as I posted this above message. On default with grey header
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:03 pm
deleted6 says...

Between 4:00pm and 5:00 GMT. The site been running shockingly slow. Maybe it's not something that can be fixed but seems to be going really slow.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:09 pm
Firestarter says...

I suspect you probably mean BST, Vernon. Not that it changes all too much. I didn't personally experience any slowness, so it might perhaps have been your internet connection/provider. Did you experience any slowness on any other sites?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Random avatar

Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:13 pm
deleted6 says...

Nah, I was making posts and just slowed. It took ages to make a reply post. :/
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:14 pm
[deleted1] says...

It'a fine for me, other than the fact my computer is slow. :wink:

-Rick.

Random avatar

Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:46 pm
deleted6 says...

From yesterday:

The server kept crashing.

Now today, when ya try and get on homepage

Server Default page

If you see this page it means:
1. hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2. there's no such domain registered in Plesk

What you can do:

* Using Plesk, you can create domains with web hosting on a single physical server.

----------------
Listening to: Enemy You - Automation
via FoxyTunes

758 Reviews

Reviews: 758
Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm
Cade says...

Yeah, I kept getting what Vernon said above, and I actually just got that about five minutes ago. I got back on the site by going to a different page on YWS, one that was still in my history or whatever, and then clicking on 'home.' So why the funny message?
"My pet, I've been to the devil, and he's a very dull fellow. I won't go there again, even for you..."

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:59 pm
Nate says...

Hit refresh :P

If that doesn't work, you can keep hitting refresh or clear your browser's cache.

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11