z

Young Writers Society

Young Writers Literary Journal: Coming In Print Soon!

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:18 am
Incandescence says...

Before I get flooded with emails, Nate sent me a bunch of submissions later this evening, which I have not had time to review. If you have not heard from me by this Friday (the 23rd), please send me an email with your submission to the email addy Suzanne gave above: Brad@youngwriterssociety.com.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:54 am
Emerson says...

Sorry Brad... ^.^ I don't want you to get flooded with e-mails either!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:21 pm
Rydia says...

This Friday? Okay, that's not too long to wait and thanks for putting all this effort into reviewing the submissions, Brad. You too Nate. I don't know what we'd do without you!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:47 pm
Nate says...

As already stated, Brad is reviewing all the submissions, and is doing a really great job with it. He'll also be writing an introduction to the Journal. Also included with the Journal besides the stories & poems will be the 101 Tips for Writers, writing quotations (inspirational and otherwise), as well as just some random facts. I'm also going to toy around with doing an 'About the Authors' section.

So essentially, I do not plan on this Journal being just stories and poems. While that would certainly be enough, and the talent is more than strong enough to support such a publication, I want this to be above and beyond the norm. This is something I plan on investing a considerable sum of money in (more than $1,000), and so I want it to be something that everyone here will treasure, as well as something that will catch the eye of a reviewer. I doubt a newspaper like the Washington Post would pick it up, but I'm fairly certain local newspapers like the Bethesda Gazette would. If people get written up in their local newspaper for being published on Poetry.com, which is a scam, then certainly people can get written up for appearing in this Journal.

So trust me, I plan on making a very, very big deal about this especially given that YWS is still such a small site. My goal is only to sell 200 copies. However, I do think there is the possibility of selling 1,000 copies. If it does that well, then I have some very big plans on what to do with YWS.

Anyways, I could go on and on about the Journal so I'll stop now. Just be aware that you will be hearing tons about it beginning in a couple weeks.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:18 pm
Alteran says...

Secret plans, oohhh. I'm more excited than before!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:53 am
Kylan says...

Nate, you are leading a revolution. Your name will go down in the books as the man who gave young writers a leg up in the literary world.

Thank you.

-Kylan
"I am beginning to despair
and can see only two choices:
either go crazy or turn holy."

- Serenade, Adélia Prado

425 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:10 am
Nate says...

I highly doubt that Kylan, but thanks.

602 Reviews

Reviews: 602
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:14 am
Wolf says...

That is just too cool!
I mean, a real journal? Wow!
Hhhmm...I'm not sure if my writing is good enough to go into that. But maybe I'll work really hard on something so that I might just have a chance...*is thoughtful*
everything i loved
became everything i lost.

Would you like a review?
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic73903.html

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:36 am
Sureal says...

Sorry, Ayra, the journal is now closed for submissions. I missed my chance too - left it too long before I began. :(

Nate: Well, you'll be getting at least one sale. ^_^ I'll be picking up a copy when it's released.

Although I can't figure out where all your cash is going; $1000 is a lotta money. :shock:
I wrote the above just for you.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:42 am
Jiggity says...

I'll order one too. I can do that right? Air mail ftw
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:51 am
Teague says...

Nate wrote:I highly doubt that Kylan, but thanks.

Stop that, you. ;)

I think I speak for all of us when I say "We freaking love you, Nate!"

You're awesome. End story. Suck it up and deal. ^_^
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

425 Reviews

Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:48 am
Nate says...

Sureal wrote:Nate: Well, you'll be getting at least one sale. ^_^ I'll be picking up a copy when it's released.

Although I can't figure out where all your cash is going; $1000 is a lotta money. :shock:

Thankee Sureal :P

The $1,000 = $50 to register YWS as the publisher, $400 to submit Journal for professional review, $550 for review copies to send to papers/bloggers & to send to those whose work was accepted. That does not include mailing costs, but if it's a success, it'll be well worth every penny. I may end up excluding the professional review, though, depending on how things go.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Tue Nov 20, 2007 5:22 am
Alteran says...

Look at it like this, We're like your very own lit army. Even if you dont get reviewers, we will ~_^.

And anyone who writes a query letter who was published in the journal can now write that they were previously published in the Young Writers Literary Journal. That is a massive deal! Previously published gives all authors a leg up on the competition.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:29 pm
Areida says...

Incandescence wrote:Before I get flooded with emails, Nate sent me a bunch of submissions later this evening, which I have not had time to review. If you have not heard from me by this Friday (the 23rd), please send me an email with your submission to the email addy Suzanne gave above: Brad@youngwriterssociety.com.

Just sent you an e-mail, Brad. Thanks again for all your work on this. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 124
Tue Jan 22, 2008 1:48 pm
Reyu says...

Where is it? Cant find it anywhere :)
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

~George Carlin

The Completely Evil Plan.

The worst bullies you will ever encounter in your life are your own thoughts.
— Bryant McGill