z

Young Writers Society

Report A Site Bug

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:40 pm
Twit says...

I do hope the new layout is a bug. I'd love this layout, only I hate it. In the nicest possible way, of course.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:50 pm
JFW1415 says...

Suzanne wrote:This is rather perplexing...

Time: 2.30 EST

Error: I opened YWS (not signed in) and Chimped Out was the layout. I signed in, still Chimped Out. I went to settings and it read "default" and I set it to "default" and saved... still Chimped Out? I'm guessing you (Nate) are playing with things? #_# But just in case you aren't...

Same here, 2:49 PM, GMT-4, FireFox.

Also, I can't make the head...button list thing scroll.

Please say it's only a bug?

~JFW1415

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:51 pm
Aet Lindling says...

Well, I do love the layout. Except the dropdown menu CSS is buggy, and I've tried reloading and cache clearing.

Screenshot again: http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/3374/picture151zk5.png

And on a side note, I'd like it if we could still choose Default. I liked it, and Chimped Out will take a while to get used to.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:04 pm
Crysi says...

Same for me -- I assume Nate's messing with stuff, as he said he'd keep both Chimped Out and Default. Unfortunately, I didn't check times... but I was on earlier (maybe an hour ago) and Default worked fine.

I greatly dislike Chimped Out and hope Default will be back soon.

[edit]

Also, and this is around 12pm PST, the front page is stretched out to fill the entire screen, instead of having the borders on the side of the main tables, you know? Using Firefox, the beta version.
Love and Light

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:57 pm
Nate says...

Y'all are funny :P

There was a problem with Chimped Out on Safari, and to figure out what the problem was, I had to switch the default style for a bit. Turns out Chimped Out was throwing 687 errors, which was the source of the problem...

Everything for everyone (Safari, Firefox, and IE users alike) should be working fine now. But I do apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:28 pm
Aet Lindling says...

687... Anyway, yay! I wuvs Chimped Out now, I'm going to try it out and see if I want to keep it.
dun worry
it's all gun be k

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:26 pm
BigBadBear says...

Not really sure if this is a bug, but whenever I go to critique a piece, I rarely use the quick reply box. So, I click on the "Post Reply" button, and it does everything like normal.

You know how we don't have to space paragraphs anymore? Well, when I click Post Reply, then all of the paragraphs are un-spaced, and it makes it difficult to read and catch errors. So, if you understood all of that, will there be a way that we can click on Post Reply and still have everything all spaced?

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jun 06, 2008 7:32 pm
Snoink says...

Something's weird with the attachments for Chimped Out:

Code: Select all
Template->make_filename(): Error - file ./templates/iCGchimp/posted_attachments_body.tpl does not exist
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:26 am
Nate says...

BigBadBear wrote:Not really sure if this is a bug, but whenever I go to critique a piece, I rarely use the quick reply box. So, I click on the "Post Reply" button, and it does everything like normal.

You know how we don't have to space paragraphs anymore? Well, when I click Post Reply, then all of the paragraphs are un-spaced, and it makes it difficult to read and catch errors. So, if you understood all of that, will there be a way that we can click on Post Reply and still have everything all spaced?

-Jared

That's because it only applies to stories and poems. It does not apply to replies. I'll make that more clear.

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:08 am
BigBadBear says...

That's not what I meant.

It's like when you click the Post Reply button, and you scroll down to see what messages have been posted before yours. None of them are spaced out unless they have been manually spaced out.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

425 Reviews

Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:10 am
Nate says...

BigBadBear wrote:That's not what I meant.

It's like when you click the Post Reply button, and you scroll down to see what messages have been posted before yours. None of them are spaced out unless they have been manually spaced out.

-Jared

Something like that is more of a user preference rather than a bug. With everything else, it's not something I'm going to be concerned about, but thanks for bringing it up.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:51 pm
JFW1415 says...

Sorry to bug you, Nate. :)

I ended up clicking my name (under featured member) to get to my portfolio today, and it brought me to my old one, with all the pieces I had hidden visible. I found that odd, so I did the same for the random member, and again it brought me to the old portfolio. Though when I click the little notebooks beside people's page, it brings me to the new one.

Anyway to make them all bring you to the new one?

(GMT-4, Firefox, 12:21.)

~JFW1415

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:44 pm
Emerson says...

Natiepoo!

I think the new format-thing you've added to the lit section is rendering my codes useless.... In one of my stories I have a section of text, several paragraphs, marked as italicized. They are within the proper tags (i) (/i) (though with brackets []) but only the first paragraph (which is only a few words, so I couldn't be sure if it's just the first line, or just the first paragraph, if you understand that) is italicized. I've tried adding in more code to see what happened... but either way the code should encompass the whole passage and italicize it not just the one line.

Firefox, 11.44 EST, all of that. I'll play with it a bit more and see if I can fix it. Sam was complaining of something with her coding as well, but I hadn't thought of it until now...

Edit: After playing around with it, I've found that you have to add the code around each section, as though a line break (a space between the text) interrupts it. Of course, my story (in code) is spaced out because I posted it before the new format system, so if I removed the spaces it may work...

but then again, I do have parts that are spaces

this

and

not

this,

but despite them being close together (without a visible line break in the code) the italics still didn't take effect.... I hope this can be understood/makes sense? Er. I'm not sure how else to explain it.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:11 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

When I click on my review tab a load of reviews come up for pieces I didn't write. There doesn't seem to be consistency between who the authors of the pieces in the review section in the profile are. And that's my poorly worded problem...
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

425 Reviews

Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:45 pm
Nate says...

JFW ->> Not a bug, just something I forgot to do. Thanks for reminding me :P

Suzanne ->> Despite your best attempts to explain, I still don't understand. If you can point me to an example, it'll help! PM it to me please.

Jasmine ->> You're seeing reviews for pieces you didn't write? That's really, really odd and shouldn't happen at all, so I apologize for asking to this (but I have to), are you sure?

So first, I need to know, are using the Reviews Tab in My YWS? Second, can you give me examples (such as, "I'm seeing reviews for such and such story, which I didn't write")? Just go ahead and PM it to me.

Suzanne (again) ->> I think I know what you're talking about now. Are you saying that usually you'll put italics around, for example, two whole paragraphs? If so, the new method will mess that up, but that's a good thing. The problem with what you were doing is that it's not good coding practice. Before beginning a new block of text, you should always close all the open tags. Doing otherwise can mess how things look from browser to browser (closing all the open tags at the wrong places, for instance, is what was making the Chimped Out style look really odd in Safari, an Apple web browser, not long ago).

It'll take some getting used, and it's going to be annoying in the meantime, but it's for the better.

People find it far easier to forgive others for being wrong than being right.
— Albus Dumbledore