z

Young Writers Society

Better Portfolio Management!

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:34 am
chocoholic says...

Love the changes Nate!

Just wondering, can we delete folders? Because I had a spelling mistake in one of my folder names, so I made a new one, but the other one is still there. It would be nice to delete it.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:38 am
Nate says...

chocoholic wrote:Love the changes Nate!

Just wondering, can we delete folders? Because I had a spelling mistake in one of my folder names, so I made a new one, but the other one is still there. It would be nice to delete it.

Yep, you'll be able to, and thanks for reminding me. It's something I plan on putting in tomorrow, but for now, I'll quickly delete that folder for you.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:39 am
chocoholic says...

Thanks Nate!

It's How ou Break My Heart.

Can't wait to see what's coming next.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:21 pm
View Likes
Emerson says...

You're making my life really amazing with this thing, Nate. Can I make you a cake, or something?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:37 pm
BigBadBear says...

So... how do you delete folders? I accidentally made two of the same folder, and I want the empty one out.

How do you do it?

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:38 pm
Emerson says...

Nate wrote:

Yep, you'll be able to, and thanks for reminding me. It's something I plan on putting in tomorrow, but for now, I'll quickly delete that folder for you.

Nate hasn't set it up yet. ^^ You should read things, silly Jared!

By the way, my portfolio looks so beautiful now. So much prettier than Sah's :P
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:04 pm
BigBadBear says...

Suzanne wrote:
Nate wrote:

Nate hasn't set it up yet. ^^ You should read things, silly Jared!

By the way, my portfolio looks so beautiful now. So much prettier than Sah's :P

Pffft. I thought he wrote that yesterday. XD

Anyway, thanks Nate. I finally got the hang of it, and it's all coming together. Thanks.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:57 pm
JFW1415 says...

Suzanne wrote:By the way, my portfolio looks so beautiful now. So much prettier than Sah's :P

Pahh. Mine rules all.

:P

(Haha, I thought the same thing, Jared. :P)

~JFW1415

425 Reviews

Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:26 pm
Nate says...

Heh, be glad that Suzanne replied first Jared! What I usually do in cases like that is take a picture of the screen, then edit it by putting in an arrow from your post to the one just two comments above you.

Anyhow, deleting is now functioning. When you delete a folder, the contents of the folder get moved to the front. That is, they go back to being unorganized.

Also, the interface for managing your portfolio has been overhauled. It's essentially the same, but probably a lot less confusing/intimidating.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:44 pm
Rydia says...

Awesome, Nate! I'm really loving the new layout =)
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

425 Reviews

Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:21 am
Nate says...

Last major update!

You can now change the image icon for the items & folders in your portfolio. Changing is very simple; so simple that you can probably figure it out yourself by just going to your portfolio. But if you want, I have updated the first post.

Some other things...

A number of people are requesting that you once again be able to view your latest reviews, and I'm sorry for removing that! It'll be added again, but better and more improved this time around. Once I'm done, you'll find it in My YWS under a "Reviews" tab.

A couple more things remain to be added to the portfolio system, but these are very minor things. 95% of the portfolio system is now done!

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:13 pm
Lynlyn says...

Nate wrote:A number of people are requesting that you once again be able to view your latest reviews, and I'm sorry for removing that! It'll be added again, but better and more improved this time around. Once I'm done, you'll find it in My YWS under a "Reviews" tab.

Excellent! That's what I was worried about. And I love the ability to change the icons [s]and hide really bad old stories[/s]!
"Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world." - G. B. Shaw
Lynlyn's Magical Critique Emporium - request a review here.

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:57 pm
Adnamarine says...

Nate wrote:A number of people are requesting that you once again be able to view your latest reviews, and I'm sorry for removing that! It'll be added again, but better and more improved this time around. Once I'm done, you'll find it in My YWS under a "Reviews" tab.

Haha, I was totally about to write another request for that to be added again, till I noticed the comment above me:)
Thanks Nate!

Lynlyn wrote:[s]and hide really bad old stories[/s]!

[s]Or poems.[/s] :P
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

155 Reviews

Reviews: 155
Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:08 pm
Prokaryote says...

Nate, you are a beast.

Prokaryote

Life is a banana peel and I am the fool who dared to tread on it.
— looseleaf