z

Young Writers Society

Desiding to start on a real book

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:02 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Okay, I've started writing this story that is right now called A New light on a Distant Shot. When a boy, Jessie was seven his sister died at the age of fifteen. Now he's fifteen and he's trying to figure out why his sister was killed. He spends his nights up and during the day he sleeps (even in class). No one's been able to stop him after his sister died so they leave it. He gets a C average anyways so who cares. He's not failing.

Anyways back to subject. He slips into his sister's room and has always been taunted by a book shelf full of note books that are filled with his sister's handwriting. He pulls one out and then decides better of it. As he pushes the thing back a letter falls to the ground. It's addressed to him. When he reads it, it gives him permission to read them. This permission is from is sister. She herself expected she might be dead.

Jessie starts to read his sister's life from about six months from her death and decided to type it up. He eventually send it off to a publisher and boom it's published. Now a group of people are a bit mad at him and people in his family start to die. In the end he's the only one left and-
Wait. I can't tell you the whole story. The end is a cliff hanger but here I am finally starting. Yay!
-Amber
Last edited by myfreindsavamp on Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:32 am
Sleeping Valor says...

^_^ Congrats on starting. I it looks like you have the plot all figured out. Sad that his whole family dies though. Despite that, don't forget to make them just as 'real' as your main character. if we miss them when they're gone, you've done a great job.

Good luck!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

118 Reviews

Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:33 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Hey, I have a question. Would anyone mind reading my story over when I finish or as I go along so I can fix it up a bit as I go along. It would be a great help because no one else in my house is truly going to help me with this... :roll:
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:14 am
Sleeping Valor says...

=P I did this for someone else, she sent me her chapters as she finished them and I gave her what input I could. However, your book sounds kind of dark (I sort of live off funny, romantic and fantasy) and I don't know if it's really up my alley. But if no one else volunteers, then PM me and we could work something out.

Good luck with your novel!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

118 Reviews

Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:39 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Okay, thank you Sleeping. I'll sit and wait then.

438 Reviews

Reviews: 438
Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:58 pm
JFW1415 says...

*Raises hand*

Sure. PM me and we can work something out. The story sounds interesting.

But please run your initial post through a spell checker. It hurts my eyes. O.o

Good luck!

~JFW1415

118 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:00 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Okay I shall review it. Thanks for volunteering.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:44 am
chocoholic says...

Yeah, I'll read it too, if you want. PM it to me. Your story sounds good.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

118 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:59 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Okay, I need one more but I'll pm you guys when I get the other misstakes I've caught fixed so I don't have to hear about them again. :roll: :wink: It's just a thing I got.

118 Reviews

Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 am
myfreindsavamp says...

Oh, yeah. By the way I think for now it's an adventure and action story.

118 Reviews

Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:59 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Anyone on takers for last spot to go over my story?

Hey, Sleeping. DO you want to review it or do you just want to see what people think. It's not usually that sad almost the whole story. I mean the girl gets p.o.ed a lot and there are a few people with colorful vocab but other than that.. It isn't too sad.

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:11 am
Twit says...

The M/C's a boy? Called Jessie?

Erm, I think you mean "Jesse". *checks* Ok, you can have that spelling as well, but I still think it might be kinder to make it Jesse. Like in Free Willy, sa?
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:41 am
cammie4 says...

Hey, I'm up for it! The plot sounds really interesting, and it's been forever since I've gone over someone else's story.

118 Reviews

Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:22 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Should it be Jesse?

Sure thing. I'll get to pming you in a minute. The pm to everyone I think is A new light on a distant shot. When ever you pm back tell me the last sentence that I gave you and what night because I have a feeling everyone works at different rates. One minute. Gotta go fix a few mistakes again I missed earlier on my story.

118 Reviews

Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:57 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Okay, anyone gonna tell me misstakes? Corrections I need? I need input still. Hello? Sorry. I just got this back up in my word thing and I still don't have help from you guys. Sleeping Valor you may be my last hope. :(

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein