z

Young Writers Society

Goodbye All and Thank You

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue May 16, 2006 3:18 am
Nate says...

I am very sorry for shutting the site down; I don't think anyone knows how much YWS means to me. I've put so much time and effort into it, and I've always been amazed at the amount of user involvement. However, I simply cannot continue to pay for the site. It's too much money for too little reward, and I do not have the same amount of time as I did to take care of the site.

I am giving a weeks notice for a number of reasons. One being that I hated how in the past other admins simply closed the site down without any warning. Secondly, though, I am hoping that someone out there will keep up with another site similiar to YWS. I do ask that whoever tries chooses a different name since I do hope to bring YWS back when I have the money to do so (I am backing everything up on my computer). As a note for whoever does try, I think YWS did best when it was just the basics.

There are so many who worked to make YWS what it is today, and I am very grateful to them, particularly Firestarter, Galatea, and Bobo. Thank you to them and to all others.

Farewell.
Last edited by Nate on Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Tue May 16, 2006 3:46 am
Shriek says...

My gosh. This is a shock.
All I can say, I guess, is: thank you, Nate. Because of your efforts, I've undoubtedly improved as a writer.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Tue May 16, 2006 3:47 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Hmm...

Wow.

I dont have anything to say but that really sucks.

A lot.

But yeah, thanks a lot Nate, for the most awesomest writing site in the history of the universe. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into this thing.

Remember the olden days when there was only like 30 members. Ah, so many memories.

Thanks again, Nate.
Last edited by electricbluemonkey on Tue May 16, 2006 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

Reviews: 3
Tue May 16, 2006 3:48 am
imoffensive says...

I know I only just registered like...yesterday...

But dude.

This stinks.

I'm really sorry.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue May 16, 2006 4:09 am
Rei says...

It really was better when it was just the basics. When you started adding all kinds of things that tend to distract from the main point of the site, people will gravitate towards them because they require less effort or are more entertaining. The fewer distractions there are, the better.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Tue May 16, 2006 4:27 am
bubblewrapped says...

[sits down suddenly]

Wow.

That...really sucks.

:shock:

That really really sucks.

Thanks for giving us notice though, I guess. And thanks for running the site for so long. It's been great.

[leaves very quietly]

Very great.

The Greatest.
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

459 Reviews

Reviews: 459
Tue May 16, 2006 4:36 am
Poor Imp says...

If it all is back up some day (soon perhaps) I'll be glad.

As it is, thanks, Nate. I'll just echo that. Thanks. The work you've put into this shows - in the attitude of its mods and the atmosphere... ^_^
ex umbris et imaginibus in veritatem

"There is adventure in simply being among those we love, and among the things we love -- and beauty, too."
-Lloyd Alexander

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue May 16, 2006 4:42 am
Crysi says...

Nate...

Geez, Nate, did you really have to do this? I keep thinking of ways we could've kept the site up... YWS was my HOME. So many of us matured as writers and as individuals. We formed bonds that seem impossible to break.

If you see rants from me anywhere on the site, forgive me. It's only because I'm about to cry and I tend to rage to hide my vulnerability.

You did a wonderful job with this site. You're amazing for holding it together for so long and making it so successful. I'm honored to have been a mod on this site. I truly hope you find a way to bring it back someday...

To everyone here - I love you guys. I really, really do. I'd do anything for you. If you wanna keep in touch, email me at Bowserette@gmail.com. I hope to see a bunch of emails in my inbox. :)

I don't know what I'd do without this site, but I guess I have to find out... I wish the very best of luck to everyone here. You're all brilliant writers, and I hope to buy all of your books someday.

~Crys
Love and Light

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Tue May 16, 2006 5:14 am
Boni_Bee says...

I'll miss this site! :(

You did an awesome job with this forum, Nate! Thanks for all the time and effort you have spent on it.

I hope to see the site back up one day!

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Tue May 16, 2006 6:45 am
Emma says...

Holy.... this is the only site where I've been an active member for longer than a year. Heh, it was my home and I am really... surprised that this day has come so soon.

Heh...

Yeah.

If anyone wants to talk to me by email or msn here's my address; emma_5hears@yahoo.co.uk =]

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Tue May 16, 2006 8:05 am
deleted6 says...

What *looks blankly at everyone* Come on is this a joke please tell me it a joke. Why close such a great site? It become a second home for me YWS. Such a great place i reckon if you got another adult ot help you be able to, and the only reason i don't post anymore was cause my work got ignored again and again. Oh well it bene great while it lasted i guess thanks Nate you gave me hope in writing and the love of my life if i never joined this iste i've never found her so thank you. Lastly anyone cares my email fontroy5@hotmail.co.uk.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Tue May 16, 2006 8:14 am
backgroundbob says...

It's wrong, it's just plain wrong :( you've got something really good going on here; you don't get this kind of community or skill in many places. When the old Xenith forums went down for a few months, the place was a ghost town when it finally came back up - it took years to get to anything near the same level.

Good luck, Nate; I hope we all see this place again, soon. You've done a great job, while it lasted.

If anyone wants me, I'll be here:

backgroundbob@gmail.com

Feels like leaving high school - I guess we'll see how many make homecoming.
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Tue May 16, 2006 8:30 am
Myth says...

I'm sorry to hear the site is closing down but I'd love to join again if you ever do decide to bring it back.

All the best, Nate.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Tue May 16, 2006 9:19 am
tinny says...

*Is very sad*

I shall miss it here. I know I wasn't particularly active, but I did get on when I could.
If it's ever brought back I'd love to join again.
Last edited by tinny on Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Tue May 16, 2006 9:45 am
thegirlwhofateloves says...

Well...thanks for creating the site in the first place, nate, it means a lot to so many of us.

Good luck hun x x x

If anyone wants me, feel free to add me on myspace (www.myspace.com/prettytorture) or email me (felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk)

Been fun while it lasted!
www.myspace.com/prettytorture
felicitypepper@hotmail.co.uk

Big up the YWS Massive!

....And I still don't know what SPEW is....

Light griefs are loquacious, but the great are dumb.
— Seneca