z

Young Writers Society

Do you know anyone famous?

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:52 am
Sakah says...

I met 7 of the American Idol contestants before they had a concert where I live. I have 6 of their autographs on the back of the t-shirt I wore and I spoke to David Archuleta *fan girl moment*

I do hope to meet Stephen King one day though...
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:53 am
Emerson says...

Well, I'm sure that at least one person I know from YWS will become famous. Does that count? I also have a friend who is going to be a famous actress one day.

My dad has met a lot of famous people. Arnold Schwarzenegger waved to him in a parking lot. Does this count?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:29 pm
Jon says...

Those do count, Suzanne, In the future! :D :lol:

Your dad waved to Arnold schwarzenegger? That's cool!

I haven't really met anyone famous,Who knows i might though.

---Jon---

P.S. -- has anyone ever met Nate?
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:22 pm
Maybe says...

Just recently I found out that I'd seen Michael Phelps swim before at a National Competition in Charlotte, North Carolina about two years back. I didn't know who he was at the time, but looking back, it was really cool. And I think I bumped into him either before or after he swam in the lobby, but I never talked to him.

-May
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:40 pm
ldsprincess says...

I met Skillet...That was one of the happiest days of my life...Shaking John Cooper's hand...
*swoon*

He's the one in the middle, he looks better when he's smiling....
my librarian knows Ben, the other guy.

Check out their vid for "rebirthing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbdTL7T0bU0
Don't they rock?!
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:40 pm
JackBauerHasABaldSpot says...

My dad knew John Wayne when he was a kid. He used to deliver flowers and went to John's second wife's house once. Wayne's son was lonely and asked my dad to go swimming with him, and my dad saw John Wayne come out. But I think he already knew him because my grandma cleaned his wife's house too.

Oh, and I saw Charlie Sheen before he divorced Denise, when they had their twins. My dad was a security guard for them at the hospital (I wasn't there, though). My dad also met Martin Sheen. My dad said, "Hello, Mr. Sheen." Martin grabbed my dad by the back of his neck and said, "Call me Martin."

I've also met Dr. Laura (radio show host). Lord is she scary!

My neighbor also used to date Christina Milian (singer) before she turned famous. It's more of the people around me who have gotten starstruck.
"...some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."
-The Shawshank Redemption

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Sun Aug 31, 2008 2:04 am
Jon says...

My mother met Lee Greenwood when it was her birthday, she went to a concert and went on stage, gave him flowers, and kissed him on his cheek.

I don't know who this person is, but the again i don't listen to much music.

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:47 pm
deleted2 says...

I've met a Dutch writer, called Jaques Vriens. He's pretty damn famous in The Netherlands :wink: . He came to our after-school Dutch lesson, for some reason, and we all met him, shook hands, talked, etc. I actually talked to him about my own ambitions for writing, and he told me that "No matter how much critique you may get, remember that it'll only help you improve. Never give up on what you love to do, so keep writing."

:P

Wors of wisdom, I suppose.

XxxDo

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:03 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

Darcy, the original bassist for The Smashing Pumpkins grew up in my town and he mom lives a few doors down from me. My mom also taught her in elementary school and we have an ornament that she gave my mom for Christmas once. My friend also keeps her horses in the same barn as her. I haven't actually met her though... *shrug* That's about it.

I'm sure someone I know on YWS will be famous someday though. :) And I'm gonna be a famous artist. Woot! XD
~Yoyo 8)
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:38 pm
andimlovegalore says...

I went to school with a girl who had a sister who was on Brookside (that's an english soap set in Liverpool where I live). She released a single too but it was awful. I never met her though. That's about as close as I ever got ^_~ how sad is that?

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"