z

Young Writers Society

Do you know anyone famous?

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:56 pm
Jon says...

That's right, have you met anyone famous?
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:58 pm
ProfessorRabbit says...

Me. From the future.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:01 pm
Kyuubi says...

Two years ago when my family went too Universal Studios. I met the black guy from The Fast and The Furious. I can't remember his name. But I had my picture taken with him.

~Wolfie~

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:31 pm
Dream Deep says...

I was in an Annapolis, once, at the boat show. I had a sandwich at an al fresco table, and ended up sitting with an overly exuberant, slightly eccentric Turkish fellow who proceeded to tell my family all about his home-country and his fame - "I am very well-known in my country", he said with a heavy accent, "A very famous man". For his singing and writing, apparently.

We liked him very much, wrote his name down if we ever happened to run into him again, and didn't quite believe that he was famous.

A few years later, I picked up a Writer's Digest and found that he was the new winner of a literary Nobel.

... I half-desperately want to meet him again, apologize for not listening closely enough the first time around and bribe him with coffee until he offers to describe his life story to me for a second time.

Reviews: 4
Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:38 pm
hamerkid2 says...

I met a few of the girls from the USA olympic softball team when i went to one of their games this year.
-Hamerkid2

189 Reviews

Reviews: 189
Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:18 pm
Jon says...

Just a question: Has anyone ever met Nate?!

Wouldn't that be cool?

I think he's a famous person, or should be.

:smt006

Hi Nate, you celebrity you

---Jon---
:D
Gay Writing/Support Group. Gay or not, spread the word!

Support GLBT people -- God does.

Got YWS?

62 Reviews

Reviews: 62
Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:48 pm
happy-go-lucky says...

My uncle used to play tennis with Prince Edward :) And my dad sold his car to Dawn French

Plus I saw Roger Taylor from Queen in a red sports car with his two kids outside of a petrol station on the way to Cornwall. :D
"A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world"
- Oscar Wilde

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:56 pm
Black Ghost says...

I've never met anyone famous from the U.S, but I've met a few famous people from Lebanon. One of them is my great uncle (Wadi El Safi), who happens to be one of the oldest and most famous singers in the middle east.

I've also met a famous talk show host in Lebanon, whom I met at his comedy show in L.A. He also happens to share my name! I also want to meet Haifa one day (she's in the clip) but I'm not sure how that will happen. :?

I've met the very well known producers of Star Academy Lebanon (Rola Saad), when I auditioned for Lebanon's Got Talent last month when I was there (magic performance). I'm not that fluent in arabic, so when I tried to speak some for them they laughed (caught on camera forever!) and I inevitably chatted with them due to pattering as I performed magic. They seemed to really enjoy it, especially this one guy who's eyes nearly popped out. ^_^

Even if somehow they call me back when casting is all done, I'm not sure I'd want to bear another fifteen hour flight back there just to be on the show. *shrugs* But auditioning was a cool enough experience. :P

Yeah, its a bit freaky, since I'm connected to a lot of famous people in the middle east. For example, my great aunt is best friends with Rola (bad, skanky lebanese singer, but famous nonetheless) and my cousin used to date Nancy Ajram (really awesome lebanese singer) before she got famous.

[s]BlackGhost[/s]

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:36 pm
Teague says...

I met Joe Gargiola once! He was awesome. :D

I've also met various members of the Seattle Mariners and San Diego Padres. Random musicians/their managers, too. A lot of random famous people filter through my dad's hotel.

I also have more signed baseball memorabilia than most museums... :shock:

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:44 pm
unsterblichkeit36 says...

Alan scarpa! He's from CUKAS. And um... my aunt eva she was a famous poet...ok not that famous
-SaraRose

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:46 pm
thunder_dude7 says...

I met Avi, a well-known writer, when he came to my elementary school one year.

That was before I was a serious writer, though. I wish I could meet him again...

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 pm
cheese9975 says...

Not really. My dad has met Craig Biggio though, famous Astros player, been to his house, I believe. I'm also somehow connected to Susan Surandon? I believe she is my aunt's best friends sister. I think my Dad has also met her. I don't know. Weirdness.
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 pm
Clo says...

thunder_dude7 wrote:I met Avi, a well-known writer, when he came to my elementary school one year.

That was before I was a serious writer, though. I wish I could meet him again...

Avi is a man?! For the last decade I've thought he was a she. Not like I've read a lot of her... er, his books... but still.

Forget all that, Nate's bigger than Jesus here. ^_^
How am I not myself?

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:14 pm
xxfourthelement says...

I took a college class with the poet laureate in my area, Joel Lipman. Wonderful man. My favorite class in the UNIVERSE.

And I kind of know The Twilight Guy - through online conversations, though, not that I actually met him or anything.
"...I laugh, and laugh, and laugh. Sometimes I can stop laughing before people start edging away and talking about soothing drinks." - Lord Raould of Goldenlake and Malorie's Peak

Free Reviews

116 Reviews

Reviews: 116
Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:01 am
Maybe says...

Last year we had an after-school Creative Writers club, which was taught/directed by Andrew Nance (author of Daemon Hall). So I got to meet him and have him edit some of the stuff I wrote and give me tips and all that good stuff.

I've also met Ryan Kida and John Mamelli from The Kida Blues Experiment (though they're only famous where I live). And I met Sean Kelly and Karl Dietel from The Samples, and very briefly met the other members of the band and their manager, though I mainly stuck around Sean and Karl.

Oh! And my dad is dating one of Buzz Aldrin's cousins. But I don't think that counts. :P

I think that's it...
Be the cartoon heart. Light a fire, light a spark. Light a fire, flame in my heart. We'll run wild, we'll be glowing in the dark.

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake