z

Young Writers Society

Playlist Help?

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:17 pm
Gladius says...

I know what you're thinking--'It's another ''Do you use playlists when you write'' thread!' Actually, no. Well, kinda. I'm not asking your opinion of if it helps to listen to music when you write. I was actually wondering if anyone knew of any good 'orchestral' pieces for various scenes (ie, dark and creepy, chase scenes, romantic, what-have-you) that I could download from the internet to listen to while I write. My library of music is pathetically small...and it is definitely too small for writing as varied as mine. I jump from having a brooding feel to an action feel in my scenes in a heartbeat, so I have to have something that will be as flexible as my writing to listen to.

If anyone can help, I'd be greatly obliged! Especially if you give me a jackpot of stuff I can use (donations, anyone? xD). :D Mainly what I need is downloadable stuff for Windows Media Player (version 11?), which I think is MP3 format. I don't know what else it takes...

Thanks!
~Gladius
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:48 pm
alwaysawriter says...

Ahh--I can think of plently of good songs like that since my mom's forced me to listen to the classics. Try Mozart. I can't think (or spell) any of the rest of them but I hope I helped a little. :)
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:04 pm
lyrical_sunshine says...

Romantic and/or coming-of-age scenes: Lifehouse, Switchfoot

Creepy, dark scenes: Evancescence ("Whisper" and "Haunted" especially. *shudder*)

Hardcore battle scenes: Breaking Benjamin, Disciple, Thousand Foot Krutch, Pillar

Depression and confusion scenes: Anna Nalick, Flipsyde, Superchick
“We’re still here,” he says, his voice cold, his hands shaking. “We know how to be invisible, how to play dead. But at the end of the day, we are still here.” ~Dax

Teacher: "What do we do with adjectives in Spanish?"
S: "We eat them!"

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:09 pm
Gladius says...

Do you know where I might be able to download these? *hopeful* :)
When Heroes fall and the Sacred Blade is captured, can Evil be stopped?~The Wings of Darkness

I'm also ZeldaMoogle on Fanfiction.net!

"Funny is a formula for which there are a million variables, and it is impossible to backtrack unless, possibly, you make a living out of it."~Rosey Unicorn

Random avatar

Reviews: 115
Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:14 pm
andimlovegalore says...

Hmm I dl music using utorrent (but it's not strictly legal >.>)
I listen to Einaudi a lot when I'm writing, it's good background music. This Will Destroy You is good too. I'm not sure about different types of music for different scenes... Apocalyptica is pretty epic type.

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:44 pm
ldsprincess says...

The Vitamin String Quartet.
They do orchestral remakes of everything imaginable.
Evenecence, Kelly Clarkson, Paramore and WAY more.
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

Reviews: 0
Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:18 am
ldsprincess says...

lyrical_sunshine wrote:Romantic and/or coming-of-age scenes: Lifehouse, Switchfoot

Creepy, dark scenes: Evancescence ("Whisper" and "Haunted" especially. *shudder*)

Hardcore battle scenes: Breaking Benjamin, Disciple, Thousand Foot Krutch, Pillar

Depression and confusion scenes: Anna Nalick, Flipsyde, Superchick

Whisper is also a good battle tune.
"She's got it out for me but I wear the biggest smile!"
-Misery Buisness by Paramore

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:07 pm
Sakah says...

(I'll be posting albums I recommend)

Raise the Dead by Phantom Planet, it has some really catchy tunes.

From Under the Cork Tree by Fall Out Boy - I actually listened to this album for inspiration while writing.

Nimrod by Green Day. Brillant album. 'Nuff said.

2008 Warped Tour Compilation Album 1&2. They have some great bands/songs that I've never heard of before.

Absolution by Muse - Fantastic lyrics and tunes.

Hot Fuss by The Killers. Very very VERY catchy tunes.

Warning by Green Day. Inspirational lyrics and good tunes (it's very different from any other Green Day albums out there)
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

When something is broken, it can be fixed.
— Benjamin Alire Saenz, Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe