z

Young Writers Society

random question

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:03 am
bunnie_i_am says...

Does anyone draw characters from your story? If you do, do you feel like you know them better? Has anyone ever tried to draw a cover for your stroy? If so, how do you know what to draw?
"Having an eye for beauty isn't the same thing as a weakness except possibly when it comes to you."
"I just want to spend every possible minute of the rest of my life with you"
"I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies. Me"

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:03 am
Alteran says...

Well, I don't draw, I just do digital art stuff. And I usually just do scenes. As far as covers, it really depends. It needs to catch the readers eye, but you don't want to overwhelm them. I pick a scene from the book and see what I can do with it.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:08 am
Heather_BlackCain says...

Well, sometimes I like to sketch my characters because then it's easier to remember the way they look or the feel of their personality. I have drawn some covers for my stories, but I can't really tell you how to know what to draw. Usually the cover just ends up being something I had stuck in my head from the first time I started to write the story down.
The Gryphon said, "It's all in the Queen's mind-they never cut off anyone's head, you know."

-Alice In WonderLand (Lewis Carrol)

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:18 pm
tdownes says...

I do I do I do!! :D I often tend to draw the characters before they've even been made a proper character, if you know what I mean. That way, I can decide fully on what my character(s) look like. It helps me to write the story too, with the appearance in mind. I've got to admit I don't really try and create covers; sometimes Ilike to keep a drawing simple, and the page not crowded or anything. And since the majority of book covers [well, books for older readers here, not kids] have a photograph or something like digital art [or both combined!]..then I suppose it may be better if you're a wizz at phot editing ot something like that. But, it's always best to be creative with your nifty hands [or hand] :wink:
He's like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm and the heart of the sun. He's ancient and forever. He burns at the center of time and he can see the turn of the Universe. And ...he's wonderful.

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:38 pm
gamechanger10 says...

Well, I sort of cheat in this area. I write the character discriptions in the story and then have people draw them for me.
And if I don't like the way they draw them, I work with them to try and get it to match what I have in my head.
The only reason I do this is because I can't draw...at all...

As for covers, if I really feel like it, I make one on Paint. I try to make it better than typical works on paint and usually they are.
I also try to take a really, really good quote from the story and put it on.
Or even things that the characters would say, but don't.

So I don't really draw any of my own stuff. I just use some of my friends' great talents and ms Paint

-GC10
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:43 pm
View Likes
cheeb says...

I certainly do, I need to if they're going to be featured in a graphic novel. ;)

But I can imagine that even for a written work, knowing your characters' appearances would be immensely useful.
the user formerly known as chibibo

When I use caps I do not want you to read it like a little screech, I want you to read it like a 5,000 year old ogre with the strength of 10,000 men.
— avianwings47