z

Young Writers Society

Heath Ledger

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:04 am
savetheoceans says...

Well, most of you probably know or have an idea why I created this topic. If not, it is in honor of Heath Ledger...for being a good human being, a devote father, and an incredible and among my favorite actors. Obviously, I don't know him personally but, I have always been a fan and anticipated any movie he was starring.

I watched the Dark Knight the day it showed in theatres. It was supremely haunting, spectacular, and an unforgettable movie with, of course, a equally unforgettable performance by Heath Ledger, himself. The main reason why I am bringing up this topic, is because ever since I walked out of the theatre after watching the Dark Knight, I have been overcome by grief. It's not anything extreme, it's just depressing to lose someone that you've known and love on movies so much.

Therefore, I would like to dedicate this one topic for Heath.

Rest In Peace, your fans and the rest of the world will remember you.

By the way, I wasn't sure if this topic belonged here, since this is in 'Entertainment' it might seem a bit wrong to put such a topic under that but, he was a movie star...so you know what I mean.
"Destiny is not a matter of change, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved."
- William Jennings Bryan

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:39 am
BigBadBear says...

Ledger was an amazing actor. The Dark Knight was by far the best movie he's ever done. His acting was amazing, and I'm still in awe.

-Jared
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:44 am
Clo says...

And I certainly appreciate him for 10 Things I Hate About You, A Knight's Tale, and the Patriot. As not good as those movies are, I loved them when I was eleven.

And teeny-boppers need those movies! I still like the first two... :p
How am I not myself?

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:36 pm
Lilith says...

To this day, I can still sit down and watch 10 Things I Hate About You and swoon over him, wishing that some guy would dance around on the school bleachers for me. (course, you can slip and fall through ours pretty easily, so maybe he could just take me paintballing). It was probably one of his most memorable preformances for me and for a lot of teenage girls.
Duffy -- "Watch out for Jesse, he wants what he can't have."
Emily -- "Oh boy, he can have me."
Duffy -- "Figures..."

695 Reviews

Reviews: 695
Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:28 am
Angel of Death says...

10 Things I Hate About You gave me 10 things to love about Heath Ledger. He was indeed a fabulous actor and he picked characters that defined the word spectacular. I didn't know him personally, and I'm sure none of us really did but who cares. Heath Ledger was a human being who showcased his loving personality and his devotion to his work by being who he was. It was sad to hear about his death but when you sit back and watch movies like The Patriot or I'm Not There you realize that his spirit still lives on. So rest in peace Heath Ledger, you will be missed.
True love, in all it’s celestial charm, and
star-crossed ways, only exist in a writer’s
mind, for humans have not yet learned
how to manifest it.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 am
ProfessorRabbit says...

I'm so lost when it comes to actors, you wouldn't believe. Still, I'll throw in my words:
Rest in peace, Heath Ledger.
Frylock, please, no books! I can't read; I'm not a loser!
-Master Shake

Treat all disasters as if they were trivialities but never treat a triviality as if it were a disaster.
— Quentin Crisp