z

Young Writers Society

Ever been sick for a long time?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:25 am
Nate says...

Title says it all; what's the longest amount of time you have been sick for? I'm not talking about chronic conditions but stuff like the flu, pneumonia, stomach virus, etc.

For me, the longest I was sick for was a year ago. I came down with a really bad flu two days before Christmas and it stayed with me for a week. But the flu gave me an asthma attack, which in turn brought about a nasty case of pneumonia. So I ended up being sick for a total of three weeks before I finally felt well again. It wasn't good 'cause one, I lost a lot of weight which really brought my blood sugar levels far below normal, and two, it was during my winter break.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Mon Feb 14, 2005 12:30 am
Sam says...

I was sick with a nasty stomach flu for like 3 weeks last year.

Yuck.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Feb 14, 2005 6:41 am
Crysi says...

I was sick with mononucleosis for two weeks - the first two weeks of summer. I was absolutely miserable. Even after I was well enough to move around, I couldn't go on any of the rides at the fair because it might be dangerous to.. I forget which organ. This was a few years ago lol. Don't know how I got it, either.. Hmm.
Love and Light

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:35 am
hawk says...

i was sick with whooping cough 2 years ago for about 2 months, worse because i have asthma. there are no headaches or stomach problems, but you just continually get these coughing fits that made your throat raw. it's not fatal as with young children, but it sure is bad.

then in November, and quite a few times before, i had a really bad stomach flu. i couldn't eat anything without throwing up. it lasted for almost 4 weeks. i lost so much weight, got down to about 89 pounds and was dilerious all the time.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:53 am
Emma says...

Poor you.... The most time I've been sick is... Drum roll please... HAHA one week!

I had the chicken poks and the cold (My mum kept bathing me in freezing cold water).

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:01 pm
Perra says...

Five years ago I got pneumonia at the end of the school year. Missed the last week of school! :mrgreen: I know it lasted one more week after school end. But I may have had it for three weeks, because I had the symptoms for a week before we went to the doctors. I remember spending those last two weeks lying on my grandmother's futon and taking the medicine. I also remember that my parents sent my brother up to my grandmother's with me. :P
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:24 pm
Skye says...

Three and a half weeks with pnumonia. Not fun, not fun at all. :(
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:24 pm
-KayJuran- says...

i had double pneumonia when i was three... dont
remember it though...

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:39 pm
Zion says...

I have never been sick for a long time. (God forbid) I have quite a powerful immune system. I pass the cold in 10 hours. These two weeks everyone I knew had cold or flu but not me. :D 8-)
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:40 pm
Firestarter says...

Me neither Arvy. Longest I have been sick is about two or three days *touches wood*.

Never been to hospital either, never broken anything.

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:49 pm
Skye says...

I've never broken anything either...I _have_, however, had quite a lot of stitches. ;)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:39 am
niteowl says...

If you mean sick as in out of school type sick, just two or three days as long as I can remember. Maybe when I had the chicken pox, but I don't remember that. As for just having the cold or something, it seems like I always have a cold.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:42 am
hawk says...

i was a rough kid. broke my arm in the fifth grade, two ribs last year, stitches on my head and wrist and more scars than i can count.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

24 Reviews

Reviews: 24
Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:45 am
marzipan says...

aah...a month of cold/flu symptoms. Worst ever. Used to have an immune system, don't know where that went. Stuffed up nose, headaches, dizzyness...there was a point when four of my five senses were declining - couldn't see, couldn't smell, had an ear infection, couldn't taste. Yecch. After that, a week of meningitis symptoms without the dying part. Stiff neck, nausea etc. But I haven't been sick since, and don't plan on it.

Reviews: 3
Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:56 am
alcina says...

2 yrs ago i had mono i was out for a month. last year i had bronchitis i was out of school for 2 weeks because i became asthmatic with every time i coughed but im not anymore. this year i had flu like symptoms and was out for 2 weeks. im really hoping thats it for this year.

"Everything you can imagine is real."
— Pablo Picasso