z

Young Writers Society

Eragon: the movie

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:06 pm
Middle Children says...

You people need to get your hands on some better books.
We are the middle children of history.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:38 pm
Cassandra says...

I saw this movie the other day. I've never read the book, so I have nothing to compare it to, but I did actually roll my eyes like three times while watching it; it was that corny. But the dragon was cute as a baby, and the fight scenes were pretty good, though more intense than I thought they might be for PG--some little girl in the row behind us was scared out of her wits and wanted to leave the theatre.

I wouldn't buy it or anything, and I dunno if I'd watch it again. *shrug*
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

124 Reviews

Reviews: 124
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:40 pm
Saphira says...

I enjoyed the book but the movie was terrible! You could easily pick out the mistakes and altogether it was boring. Also they missed out a lot of things that will make the second movie understandable. (even though the second book is rubbish anyway)

I think that it was rubbish and they could have done a lot better and made a better movie.
Last edited by Saphira on Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Come to the dark side. We have cookies!

76 Reviews

Reviews: 76
Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:53 pm
Shadowsun says...

its simple really the books were good and the film was horrible!
the only thing that was remotely right was Brom.

showing galbatorix and his dragon was a huge mistage. Enormous mistake! it ruins the film even more.
Before you judge someone, walk a mile in their shoes... Then who cares? You're a mile away and you've got their shoes.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:45 pm
HeadInTheClouds says...

Watching that movie was quite possibly the worst hour and forty-something minutes of my life. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do more: Throw my soda at the movie screen and storm out in a huff, or fall asleep from sheer boredom. The only actor who was remotely convincing was Jeremy Irons, but even that didn't do much to change how lame it was. I know I've posted about how much I disliked it before, but it really ticks me off of how crappy a job they did.
If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad. ~Lord Byron

Captain Jack is back May 25!

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:36 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

At first I wanted to watch the movie, but after reading the book I did not want to waste my money. The book was a mix of cliches, flat characters and stolen plots and ideas. I have no idea why it became such a hit. I like Harry Potter, but to those of you who don't, at least it was original.not one of the best reads of my life.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

96 Reviews

Reviews: 96
Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:48 am
flytodreams says...

I've read the book, and I want to watch the movie, but everybody is saying it's so bad. You'd think that would make me wanna NOT watch it, but it only makes me more desperate to watch it, lol..
Be yourself; everybody else is already taken.

I came, I saw, I conquered.

When you're being nice to your character, you're being bad to your book.

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:54 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

I suppose that to make a good movie out of a crap book is really asking the impossible. It was never going to work. Simple.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:56 am
Fan says...

What? He kills the ra'zac? I'm reading book two (merely to see what happens, Roran bores me to death) and I know the ra'zac appear there. And the bit from book three at the back shows the ra'zacs lair. Paolini never wrote a a great book, but letting his story slip that badly is pretty disgraceful. LOOK AFTER YOUR WORK MAN!!!

70 Reviews

Reviews: 70
Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:54 pm
Pushca says...

I read an amazon review, I think it was, where someone said that when the dragon is the only good actor, you know you have a problem.
"Nothing I could write would be as shocking and offensive as censorship itself." -Deb Caletti

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:19 pm
Insane Book Geek says...

I liked the book when I first read it. I knew the movie would probably be crap, but I watched it anyway. One of the main things I was waiting for was the explosion of the Star Rose(in the Varden hideout) cause that would have been fawwesome in movie special effects.
'A lovely treason, hmm?' - Stargirl

Music is my oxygen; headphones are my lifeline.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:22 pm
Aedomir says...

Put it this way.

A terrible adaption of a terrible book by a terrible author who based it off an amzing writer (Tolkien).

Sorry for he bluntless, but that is how much I hate Paolini.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:24 am
JackBauerHasABaldSpot says...

Can anyone here spell "lackluster"?

Come on...you know there's something wrong with a film when you and your sister/whoever are laughing during the huge battle scene at the end: we thought that the evil villain (I forget his name because I have not read the books---the one who looks like an overgrown Gothic Chucky) looked like one of the subs we knew from my middle school. When the climactic scenes that are supposed to shut you up make you start laughing out loud at how ridiculous they are, you need to take a restart at film school.

Just watch Lord of the Rings and appreciate Peter Jackson. I know I will.
"...some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright."
-The Shawshank Redemption

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:34 am
Veerocious says...

The movie wasn't nice at all, in my opinion. The book wasn't good either. When my sisters and I watched the movie, we thought that the egg looked like a jelly bean (my mom thought it was a pill)...
"Do I like my coffee black? There are other colors?" - Author Unknown

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:07 pm
Rei says...

The movie was fun to laugh at. If you know the TV show Mystery Science Theatre 3000, I think that this would be a good candidate for it. They didn't even bothing spending two minutes to give a proper introduction to one of the characters who did play a rather important roll in the book.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

Every time our next guest is here, all of our lives are seriously in danger.
— David Letterman