z

Young Writers Society

Social Month Feb 2024 Event Calendar

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:47 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Hello everyone! This February is Social Month here on YWS! :D The mods will be officially running events like a fruit-themed pad party with online games, fun hashtags, and a spam weekend from February 11th to 25th. But feel free to start your own hashtags and community-building activities throughout the month of February! After all, one of the best parts about YWS is YOU and the rest of the community!!

This thread will be used as a calendar to keep track of all the #SocialMonth or #UnSoMo (Unofficial Social Month) events. If you'd like to start an event or a hashtag, please post it in this thread so people can keep track! (No worries if you forget - a mod or someone can update the thread for you as well ^^)

Happy Social Month!! :elephant:

Index

mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:48 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

#SummarizeMe

herbalhour wrote:tis i herb, leading some #unofficialsocialmonthtags or #UnSoMo

here's the first one! #SummarizeMe

How do you use this tag?
Post the # on your wall!

What do others do?
They'll reply saying summarizations of you with the amount of letters in your username.

Can I have an example?
Sure! Let's use @Nate for an example.

Nate has 4 letters in his username.

So, I can say:

Nate made this site.
Nate is a monkey.

I cannot say:
Nate is like a monkey. (5 letters)
Nate be monkey. (3 letters)

Summarize Away!

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

.--. / ... ...- -.-. .-.. / - .--. ..- .- / .--- --- ...- .--- / .--- --- .--. .-- / .--. .--- .-.. / .--- -.-- .-.. .... -
=D

245 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:48 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

#anyuser

herbalhour wrote:another #UnSoMo tag? Sounds good!

#fluorescentant

How do I use this tag?
Post it on your wall!
What do others do?
Reply with the tag!
what is the point of this?
idk but you can really use the tag for any user.
what am I supposed to do?
this is just for funnies, really just do #anyuser and be haha. don't @ them though.

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:49 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

#songs4friends

herbalhour wrote:hrm... #UnSoMo tag...

#songs4friends
How do I use it?
Post it on your wall!
What do others do?
reply with a song reccomendation for you!
Can I has example?
sure :3

if Ant posted this tag, i would probably respond with "Taylor Swift's the last great american dynasty."

happy #UnSoMo !

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:49 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

Best New Review Template

alliyah wrote:Hey everyone! Happy #UnSoMo or #SocialMonth ! :)

Here's a contest for the Best New Review Template I hope you'll check it out, especially if you're someone who is always coming up with creative review templates.

Deadline: Feb 29

Prize: 1000 points, 3 month Squills Advertisement, Template will be rush submitted to Resource Crew to be considered for YWS Knowledge Base approval

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:50 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

#usercandids

herbalhour wrote:happy #UnSoMo ! glad to see that people are makimg their own tags
timw for.. #usercandids
what is this?
like best and most! yk how in yearbooks there are senior candids?
this is that!
how does this work?
post it on your wall, with a candid under it (Most likely to succeed.... Copius reviewer.... etc.)
what do others do?
@ the person they think fits the candid!
can has example?
yis!
if Shady posted... Most Chaos
i would probs respond with @/Carina!

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:50 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

#answerMeme

AmayaStatham wrote:#UnSoMo

I saw a lot of people posting a lot of memes lately which gave me an idea for another... hashtag! Of course, #answerMeme

What is this?
This is a hashtag where someone asks a question and another replies with a meme.

How does this work?
Post a question on your own wall with the hashtag and someone then replies with a meme.

At the same time you can also reply with a meme on someone else's hashtag!!

Can I have an example?
Spoiler! :

Person A: *posts* What's your mood before breakfast?

Person B: *replies*

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:53 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

#ppicHaiku

Rose wrote:'kay, lemme try a new one of #unofficialsocialmonthtags

#ppicHaiku

How to use this tag:
Post #ppicHaiku on your wall :D

How it works:
Write a haiku about the profile picture of the person with this tag on their wall. You don't have to worry about the number of syllables, just try to keep to three lines.

What is a haiku?
A haiku is a form of Japanese poetry that consists of three lines. Each line has a specific number of syllables (5-7-5) and it does not have to rhyme.

Example?
Let's take @/herbalhour ppic for example

steaming cup in hands
warmth whispers unfolds while
leaves dance in the brew

Spread those haikus!

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

245 Reviews

Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:55 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The party will start on and will be hosted throughout the day by Quillfeather and Spearmint!! Here's the link: https://quillfeather.writerfeedpad.com/24 :D

Spearmint wrote: Social Month Pad Party 1

Hey hey, everyone!! Hope you've been enjoying the #UnSoMo hashtags and events so far! Feel free to check out the event calendar to see which hashtags are running or to start one of your own. :]

Now, it's almost time for the "official" two weeks of Social Month!! We'll kick it off with an all-day pad party on Sunday, February 11th. Events included are:

• Chatting and hanging out with other ywsers
  • Playing online games like gartic phone
  • Meeting Pie Napell the party pineapple

You are applesolutely welcome to bring fruit-related puns, your grapest party snacks, and most impeartantly, yourself!! :D
The exact start time and pad link will be posted on Saturday. ^^ Make sure to keep an eye out for even more fun events, like a record-breaking pad party in a week!

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:01 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Ask A Random Question

Ask a Random Question Day

Okay in honor of @herbalhour who seems to do this quite a bit XD can we have a hashtag for #AskARandomQuestion -> if you post this on your wall, people can go to your wall and ask you a random question for you to answer. Kind of like the "#InterviewMe" hashtag, but separate posts and more random. Keep it site appropriate, don't ask for personal info like social security numbers, go forth and see what you can find out! Socialize~ #SocialMonth #UnSoMo
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

245 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:32 am
View Likes
Spearmint says...

The Great Pineapple Party Tagbook

Spearmint wrote:tagbook? tagbook. >:3

click the image!

Link to original comment
mint, she/her

=D

1227 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:54 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Record Breaking Attempt

All Are Invited! We will need at least 33 users to break the previous record! Join us to be part of YWS History!

DreamyAlice wrote:

RECORD BREAKING ATTEMPT

I hope everyone enjoyed #UnSoMo now as the official social fortnight or #SocialMonth2024 has started. Here is one more exciting thing for you all. This social month we planned to break a YWS record! All the past YWS records and record holders are mentioned in the The YWS Big Book of Records, but there are collective records as well like the last Great Tortoise Race of 2023 we broke the last Most Users to Complete Team Tortoise in one Month record with 9 members making through the month.

This social month on YWS we are trying to break the record of Most people in a writing pad at once. It would be a pretty cool record to set. The last one would probably have been for YWS's 16th birthday with around 32 people. We are trying to surpass that goal and yeah that's crazy, chaotic, and of course AMAZING!

We got this! Do not forget your fruit juices, everyone. Mr.Pineapple invites you to the GREAT PINEAPPLE PARTY hosted by me and @OrabellaAvenue!
The date and timing is
(There is a code applied that changes the time to the reader's time zone so it will be different for everyone according to where they live)

Link to original comment

1227 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:55 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Claim Your Social Month Badges!

FluorescentAnt wrote:Social Month has already begun with lots of awesome hashtags and a pad party. But what is Social Month without awesome badges you can earn that will forever be displayed on your profile? This year, you can earn badges with Pineapple Points!

Pineapple Point - earned by showing link of reply you replied (1 point), showing link of one social month post or hashtag you posted (1 point), party attender - ie. showing link of WFP pad attended during Feb (1 point), or 1 contest or thread entry ie. a post in review contest or FM thread (1 point).

5 Pineapple Points - Badge 1 - Social Month Connector
10 Pineapple Points - Badge 2 - Social Month Correspondent
20 Pineapple Points - Badge 3 - Social Month Socialite

To claim Pineapple Points, simply make a post and claim a spot below. Then link your participation links below what badge you are claiming.

1227 Reviews

Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:58 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Featured Friend(s) for Social Month 2024

alliyah wrote:

Announcing YWS's Newest Featured Member(s)...

For these next two weeks of Social Month, our Moderator Team has voted that all YWSers are officially Featured Friends! To help us celebrate, we need your help though! Try your hand at writing a Featured Member post for someone you would like to give a shoutout to and post it in the thread below! (Be sure to give them a tag so they can celebrate with us!)

Give a shoutout to some of their best qualities and what makes them worthy of being a featured member and of course try to find a fitting gif too if you can!

Now please join me in celebrating all of our many fabulous YWSers!

1227 Reviews

Fri Feb 16, 2024 3:50 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Alphabet Answers

alliyah wrote:Image
^ Banner By DreamyAlice!

Let's add another hashtag to the #SocialMonth Hashtag Parade with a YWS Classic Hashtag Activity! Who is up for #AlphabetAnswers ? You just answer the questions below and add the hashtag - feel free to comment on people's walls if you see something interesting or are curious about something the post. And if you want to create your own Alphabet Quiz you can give that a try too.

Here's one you can use if you like!

Spoiler! :
Are you a morning or night person?
Biggest Pet Peeve:
Collections?
Dream job:
(your go-to) Emoji:
Favorite YWS Work:
Greatest achievement:
Hardest part of the writing process:
If you won the lottery, what would you do?
Joke:
Know a fun fact?
Last read:
Main writing project:
Note to your past self:
One non-necessity you couldn't live without:
Person you admire:
Question you'd like people to answer below:
Reason to write:
Sports:
Tag a YWSer that's a good writer:
Ultimate color:
Volunteer?
What are you working on?
EXciting news:
Your favorite unlikely combination:
Zombies?

Code: Select all
[b]Are you a morning or night person?[/b]
[b]Biggest Pet Peeve:[/b]
[b]Collections?[/b]
[b]Dream job:[/b]
[b](your go-to) Emoji:[/b]
[b]Favorite YWS Work:[/b]
[b]Greatest achievement:[/b]
[b]Hardest part of the writing process:[/b]
[b]If you won the lottery, what would you do?[/b]
[b]Joke:[/b]
[b]Know a fun fact?[/b]
[b]Last read:[/b]
[b]Main writing project:[/b]
[b]Note to your past self:[/b]
[b]One non-necessity you couldn't live without:[/b]
[b]Person you admire:[/b]
[b]Question you'd like people to answer below:[/b]
[b]Reason to write:[/b]
[b]Sports:[/b]
[b]Tag a YWSer that's a good writer:[/b]
[b]Ultimate color:[/b]
[b]Volunteer?[/b]
[b]What are you working on?[/b]
[b]EXciting news:[/b]
[b]Your favorite unlikely combination:[/b]
[b]Zombies?[/b]

Link to original comment

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You’re moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You’ve just crossed over into… the Twilight Zone.
— Rod Serling