z

Young Writers Society

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:38 pm
Tessitore says...

Yup, I think he's going to die, too.

That's what I expect, so if it doesn't happen I'll be pleased. But I'll be prepared if it does happen. Ya' see?
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jan 21, 2005 4:39 pm
Firestarter says...

I find Harry annoying in the books anyway.

I'd find it less annoying if he died than if say, Ron or Hermione died.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:30 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

i would be really really mad if harry died in the last book, because i feel that really wouldn't give harry proper closer and it just wouldn't give a good ending for any book seris.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:13 am
smilyfacebkwrm says...

I think that Dumbledore will die, but I still don't think Harry will die. Maybe Ron or Hermoine (though I doubt that too and that would make me just as mad, if not more) will die but ... who knows. I think we'll just have to see.

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:18 am
Meshugenah says...

what;s wrong with the main character dying in a book? i have that happen... anyhoo, i think he does die. end of story.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Random avatar

Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:50 am
smilyfacebkwrm says...

Oh, I don't mind the main character dying (too much) as long as theirs a good reason and it's not the last book of a series ABOUT this character and NAMED after this character.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:41 pm
Firestarter says...

Well, technically, LOrd of the Rings is about Sauron and the effect of him on Middle Earth.

He dies.

It's still a great book.

(I know he's a villain, but Frodo "dies" too.)
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:43 am
Willow says...

I just got a new theory. On veritaserum they conspiculate that the hbp doesn't neccesarily have to be a guy, so I thought, what if its Tonks?
My life is a broken stair
Winding down a ruined tower
and leading no where

Random avatar

Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:28 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

But doesn't prince imply that it's a boy and princess would be a girl?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:33 pm
Nate says...

I'm moving this to "The Lounge" since this topic would be more appropiate there.

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:53 pm
DarkerSarah says...

Harry is going to die, I'm pretty sure, not until book seven, of course. Harry doesn't annoy me. Ron annoys me in the movies. I like him so much better in the books. He has so much more substance. But that is off topic. Yes, it's going to be a male, hence the Prince. I think Firenze is a good guess. I also think that it could be a new character. I doubt it's Snape, I'm pretty sure he's pureblood. But you never know, right? Check out Riddle for instance. I'm actually more interested in the course this book is going to take than who the HBP is. Does anyone have a guess for what kind of things are going to happen in this book? (Besides death and princes.)
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

Random avatar

Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:13 pm
smilyfacebkwrm says...

Yeah, you're right I would rather know the plot of the book then who the HBP is. Of course, who he is probably has a lot to do with what the plot of the book is.

I believe that we're going to learn a lot more about Snape and I think he's probably going to become a little more likable. Personally, I've always liked him - not how he treats Harry, but he has an awesome character. But, I think we'll learn about his past life and such and why Dumbledore trusts him so much.

And then obviously it's going to be a lot more violent then all the other books. They're going to be in a war, basically.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:39 pm
Tessitore says...

Ron and Hermoine are going to get married and have somewhere around a dozen kids and Ron will become Minister of Magic and Hermoine is going to be big and important and HARRY WILL DIE. *bwa ha*

I say Dumbledore will also die. Professor McGonagal (sp?) will become Headmistress of Hogwarts, and Snape will never become the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. In fact, he too will die, saving Harry's life.

These are my predictions.
I'm not even angry... I'm being so sincere right now.
Even though you broke my heart.
And killed me... And tore me to pieces.
And threw every piece into a fire.
-"Still Alive"- GLaDOS

323 Reviews

Reviews: 323
Sun Feb 06, 2005 12:51 am
hekategirl says...

I agree with what Tessitore said.
Tessitore wrote:Ron and Hermoine are going to get married and have somewhere around a dozen kids and Ron will become Minister of Magic and Hermoine is going to be big and important and HARRY WILL DIE. *bwa ha*

I say Dumbledore will also die. Professor McGonagal (sp?) will become Headmistress of Hogwarts, and Snape will never become the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. In fact, he too will die, saving Harry's life.

Except Ron and Hermonie getting married, I think Harry and Hermonie will get married :love: Thats what I think. And also I heard that J.K Rowling will ethier at the end of the seris: Have Harry get married, Have Harry die (while killing Voldermort or not) or him just living happily ever after, blah! :sick:
Personally, I think that Harry dieing would be the best. I think it would be very dramatic and intresting. And the ending that Firestarter said sounded really cool.
Exuse me if i'm morbid, but, thats me.
***Honorary 11-Year-Old***

Heh-COT-ee-GUR-el

Got YWS?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sun Feb 06, 2005 1:27 am
Sam says...

Firenze!

That makes sooo much sense!

hence, half blood- half horse, half man
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

Find a place inside where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
— Joseph Campbell