493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:39 am
Misty says...

4. Circle by Plus One
5. Forever by Plus One
6. On Fire by Switchfoot
1. True by Ryan Cabrera

ooh la...that's exactly like me! those are some of my favorite songs! I still like Plus One *blushes.* I have since like, sixth grade. :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:18 am
VariousUndine says...

My First Kiss at the Public Execution by The Blood Brothers makes me happy enough to do something. Write or draw or scream. Whichever comes first. It's such a sexually charged song. Romantic, even.

Bright Eyes' album, 'Lifted or the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ears to the Ground', also makes me sit down and just. I dunno. Fawn over it. It's so beautiful. Oberst's writing is glory.

The Beatles' White Album. A few on there especially are 'Long Long Long' and 'Mother Nature's Son'. Helter Skelter and Savoy Truffle are just fun to dance to. And dancing does not equal writing.

Most other times I write to classical music. I remember writing one death scene completely based from a piece from the Four Seasons by Vivaldi. Autumn, I think it was. And there was Requiem by Mozart. Eroica by Beethoven. Moonlight Sonata. Stuff, you know.
[size=0]"I know it's not a party if it happens every night/ pretending there's glamour and candlelabra when you're drinking by candlelight/ What does it take to get a drink in this place?"~ The Postal Service, "This Place Is A Prison" [/size]

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:51 am
Incandescence says...

The Scientist by Coldplay.

Learning to Breathe by Switchfoot.

All of This by Blink-182

Under the Bridge by The Redhot Chillipeppers

Brick by Ben Folds Five.

Those are the songs I've listened to when I wrote my poetry. Usually my best poetry hits me right before a class, or curfew, or whenever I want to marry Nate.

Just kidding. About the last one, I mean.
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:49 am
hawk says...

i agree with scissorquiz, Relienk K suck. from what i remember of them, they were some pathetic emo band with a whiney little frontman with a whiney little voice.
no offense, i probably just don't like them because they're religious.

as a rule, i never listen to music when i write, my mind spins off into different directions and the right side of my brain is completely vulnerable. it just doesn't do any good.
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore