z

Young Writers Society

How's The Weekend?

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:46 pm
Nate says...

Snoink, congrats on passing the driving test, and good luck with yours Jamie!

Btw, the Batman movie is one of the best movies I've seen in a while. But Jack said it best.

Has anyone seen Wall-E?

EDIT

Also, I finished World War Z this weekend, which is a great book. I typically don't care for Zombie type stuff, but World War Z is so well-written and so incredible that I think anyone would love it.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:40 pm
Crysi says...

Ooh, I've been meaning to read that, Nate... Maybe I'll pick it up once I'm done with my Salvatore obsession. ;)

Let's see... Worked Friday night, then played WoW. Worked all yesterday, then... played WoW. Most of my coworkers play, so we all started new characters on a new server, and we're gonna make a guild and play together. It's gonna be awesome. (And Jabber, I'm ahead of you now, haha.)

Today, no work! Woo! Went to church, which was pretty good, and now I'm home... working on homework, sort of. Really, I'm socializing, and planning my week -- a bunch of my friends wanna get together this week, and I'm fairly excited about it. I get to see a friend from choir, and I think I get to meet her son, who was born back in May. :) I think her husband will be working... oh well. They're a beautiful family. And another friend dared me to eat a ritz cracker with a pickle and that cheese spray on top... I can't refuse a dare. Especially when I was infamous for eating gross combos in middle school at our band play-a-thons. Srsly, I was a legend. And another friend wants to go see a movie with me.

But yeah, my weekend's not bad. :)
Love and Light

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:03 pm
Adnamarine says...

I saw Wall-E! When I first saw commercials for it I thought it looked pretty dumb. But then it got all those fantastic movies, and a friend of mine (who has fantastic taste in movies) said it was hysterical, so I thought it might be worth it.

It was.

The beginning especially was hysterical. I was quite rocking in my seat with laughter, vocal laughter.
And I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the theater who was laughing. Yup. Word.
I don't even know if a lot of them got it. But let's put it this way. If you like musicals, you'll probably get it. That's all I'm gonna say, I don't want to give it away. In my opinion it was the funniest part of the movie.

Otherwise, it was cute, and funny, and actually I don't think that it was necessarily meant for little kids... or at least, definitely not only for them. I'm sure they would enjoy it mostly, yes, but there are underlying things, unspoken themes, that they wouldn't catch. But it's definitely a movie I'd recommend.

Who's seen Prince Caspian? I know it's been out for a long time, but I just saw it.
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

497 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 497
Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:25 am
Teague says...

I still haven't seen Wall-E! D:

I was supposed to go last week with my bestest friend, but her parents decided to be weird and we never went. We'll probably go this week, because next week I start school again.

Cue the busyness!

-:pirate3:
"2-4-6-8! I like to delegate!" -Meshugenah
"Teague: Stomping on your dreams since 1992." -Sachiko
"So I'm looking at FLT and am reminded of a sandwich." -Jabber

121 Reviews

Reviews: 121
Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:17 am
Tatra says...

Yesterday there were thunderstorms, so I didn't get much time on the computer. My family unplugs the computers when there's thunderstorms, and I didn't notice that they were unplugged until I tried to turn them on. That was fun. So, I spent most of yesterday watching tv. I watched Becoming Jane, which was a great movie, and then I watched the episodes of Monk and Psych I had recorded.

I also went grocery shopping yesterday. We usually go Fridays, but our kitchen sink was leaking so my dad fixed that instead. So, grocery shopping was fun. :roll: I got the new 'Just Bunches' cereal.

And, today I mostly spent on the computer. Found and old fic to read. I also spent some time with my nephew, but he mostly left me alone today, which was nice.

andimlovegalore wrote:I bought a T-Shirt that says "I Love Nerds"

I have a shirt that says that, and I'm wearing it right now, :D Just thought it was funny.

I'm also going to take the written test for my driver's permit soon. :D I have no idea exactly when, but it will be soon.

And now I'm going to go write. :D
Some people fall in love and touch the sky.
Some people fall in love and find Quicksand.

- Incubus

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:42 am
Clo says...

Wall-E was refreshing. It deserves to be recognized for how much it stands out from the recent animated crap. It was such an amazing little movie.

I did nothing today but read and write emails! Gah!
How am I not myself?

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:41 am
Alteran says...

Saturday was my last day at the job I hate, now I get to work at Wally World :D

And I got a new game that is freakin' amazing!
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:58 am
Nate says...

So I gotta go see Wall-E then. I love everything Pixar does, so I didn't think I wouldn't like it. But, good to know it's truly excellent (Cars had me a bit worried... it was a good movie, but not terrific).

Adam ->> What game? I'm picking up Smash Brothers soon!

Tatra ->> We had an awful T-storm where I live. I'm pretty sure we had two lightning strikes in our backyard, and we have a small backyard.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:06 am
Flemzo says...

After taking the week off to help out with band camp (yay band camp), I went back to my job selling produce through a local farm. Today, I was stationed in Sioux Center, IA. Usually, this is ideal, since the other two produce stands don't set up on Sundays.

At 10:30 am, I arrived and set up shop.

At 11:30 am, I sold out of cantaloupe.

At 12:15 pm, I sold my only bag of potatoes, and officially sold eight dozen ears of corn.

At 2:25 pm, three people stopped, and nearly shrieked in agony at the prize of a dozen ears of corn (it's $7... not bad, but the other stands sell at $5).

At 2:30 pm, the temperature (according to the electronic sign on the bank) reached 103 degrees Fahrenheit.

At 3:30 pm, the first car since 2:30 drove by.

At 4:45 pm, the first car since 3:30 drove by.

At 5:30 pm, the first car since 4:45 drove by. That's when, drenched in sweat, I packed up my truck and went home.

I found a cool little chapel on the side of the road, though, so it's not all bad.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Firearris says...

Nate wrote: What game? I'm picking up Smash Brothers soon!

Mwa, I so wanna play you when you get it. :P
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard appears "We have weasels now!"
[Firearris] 10:45 pm: askes the guard for the weasel!
[Griffinkeeper] 10:45 pm: The guard gives Firearris the Weasel.
[Firearris] 10:46 pm: aquires the weasel and renames it "Cat"

Take that, Lumi.

647 Reviews

Reviews: 647
Alteran says...

I got Persona 3 FES. It was my birthday present to myself. OMG smash brothers is awesome! I played it with my friends and it's amazing.
"Maybe Senpai ate Yuka-tan's last bon-bon?"
----Stupei, Ace Defective

497 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:10 am
Teague says...

Flemzo wrote:At 2:30 pm, the temperature (according to the electronic sign on the bank) reached 103 degrees Fahrenheit.

Psh. Quit complaining. It was 113 here and my air conditioning broke. :P

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:11 am
Flemzo says...

Saint Razorblade wrote:
Flemzo wrote:At 2:30 pm, the temperature (according to the electronic sign on the bank) reached 103 degrees Fahrenheit.

Psh. Quit complaining. It was 113 here and my air conditioning broke. :P

I doubt you were sitting outside with nothing to do, though.

Ah, the joys of summer jobs... I'm totally bringing a game boy tomorrow.

497 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 am
Teague says...

I might as well have been, I was doing nothing inside and the only difference was the lack of bugs and UV rays. XD

140 Reviews

Reviews: 140
Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:27 pm
Sapphire says...

Weird weekend - worked on Saturday morning as usual, then family from Wales and Aberdeen who we hadn't seen in ages came to visit. I did nothing yesterday except watch Miss Potter on TV. :lol:

Stella - Billy Elliot would be amazing! I went to London for the first time a couple of weeks ago and saw Wicked and Hairspray and loved them both. I have a long list of shows I want to see! :lol:

I've still not seen Wall-E or The Dark Knight yet. Although I'm going to see Mamma Mia for the third time tomorrow. It's such a feel-good film!
Click for critiques :)

Dancing through life down at the Ozdust, if only because dust is what we come to – Wicked the Musical

Very well; I hear; I admit, but I have a voice too, and for good or evil mine is the speech that cannot be silenced.
— Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness