Rei says...

Yeah, that was just a little bit weird.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

369 Reviews

Reviews: 369
Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:27 am
Conrad Rice says...

About the crystal being non-magnetic, they pointed that out during the movie, as I recall, when they said that gold also was non-magnetic.
Garrus Vakarian is my homeboy.

181 Reviews

Reviews: 181
Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:04 am
Gahks says...

Yes: this is true. They did point it out.
"Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself." William Faulkner.

Do you do poetry? Check out Poetry Inspiration over in Groups!

672 Reviews

Reviews: 672
Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:37 am
Squall says...

I might actually watch it later, though it looks like it follows very closely with the structures of the originals.
"To the edge of the universe and back. Endure and survive."

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:23 pm
patience_isnt says...

I saw this movie about a week ago, and honestly, I didn't like it. I don't think it was Harrison Ford's fault that the movie was crap, it was George Lucas. Lucas was just sad that Star Wars was over so he had to ruin the Indiana Jones movie with space and alien crap. I mean, what was that bullshit? Why couldn't it be like all the other movies before, all that Temple of Doom and mummies and junk. Sorry, but the movie could've been so much better.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:11 pm
Rei says...

patience_isnt wrote:I saw this movie about a week ago, and honestly, I didn't like it. I don't think it was Harrison Ford's fault that the movie was crap, it was George Lucas. Lucas was just sad that Star Wars was over so he had to ruin the Indiana Jones movie with space and alien crap. I mean, what was that bullshit? Why couldn't it be like all the other movies before, all that Temple of Doom and mummies and junk. Sorry, but the movie could've been so much better.

You're going to make yourself very unpopular if your reviews of others' work is like this. You're probably right about why Lucas wanted to do it, but keep in mind that he would not have been able to do it if everyone else hadn't agreed to it. My mother described it perfectly: like visiting an old friend. In a lot of ways, that was all it was supposed to be. And believe it or not, it does follow the same patterns as the other movies in a way.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:23 pm
myfreindsavamp says...

Very true my friend.
We've all been broken in some way. It's just how we express it that makes us dffrent form eachother.

“This precious book of love, this unbound lover,
To beautify him only lacks a cover.”
~William Shakespeare, The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet

79 Reviews

Reviews: 79
Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:28 pm
Cpt. Smurf says...

It wasn't bad. Though there were parts (or at least, one part in particular) that stretched my imagination more than an Indiana Jones film should (and which, surprisingly, wasn't the last but one scene). I found being thrown miles up in the air by a nuclear blast in a fridge, to land on your head and roll out perfectly in one piece just a little to unbelievable, and it's only point seemed to be for the spectacle. Having said that, I did actually like the rest of the film - it didn't have quite the same feel as the originals, but it's been nineteen years, so I didn't expect it to.
There's always been a lot of tension between Lois and me, and it's not so much that I want to kill her, it's just, I want her to not be alive anymore.

~Stewie Griffin

57 Reviews

Reviews: 57
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:25 am
vet4life13 says...

I thought it was actually a pretty good movie, but it was weird. Especially the psyco sword lady. It was cool, but I thooght it was wierd because it was about aliens, and the ending(which I won't give away) was really weird too. I like d Mutt, though. He was cool. My dad thought he was gonna put the hat on and then they would make a fifth movie about mutt.

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:16 am
Kakburken says...

I thought it was ridiculous. There were too much flaws to see past, like when he threw the metallic dust to find the box and the arbitrary magnetism which seemed to attract objects whenever it wanted instead of being a constant force. The russian lady's accent was also too bad to be believeable. But what really made my jaw drop and my head hurt with that painful feeling of just having got a little more stupid from watching it was the ants. And... Aliens?! Jesus cried when this movie was made. 3/10... and that's because I like Indiana Jones.
'Cause baby I´m a lazy thrillseeker, I hang at home watching horror movies while you're in the dark dropping smiley groovies.

922 Reviews

Reviews: 922
Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:27 pm
GryphonFledgling says...

I'm torn in my opinion of this movie. It was classic Indy fun, but at the same time, there was stuff that just drove me crazy.

I was annoyed by all the "cheap shots" of humor that seemed to be in it, but also, having watched the original Indies, there were plenty of those in the originals too. The two scenes that really drove me crazy were the monkey scene and the sword fighting on the cars. Those two scenes really were just too far out there for me to believe. (the fridge was interesting as well - I mean, not a scratch?) That and the fact that while certain things in the warehouse were being attracted to the box, the soldiers' guns (you know, that right next(!!!) to the box weren't being pulled to it. The actors weren't even pretending that they were putting any effort into holding the guns away from the magnetic force that is supposedly strong enough to pull metal particles to it from an entire warehouse away.

All in all, this did feel like an Indy movie to me. I was so happy that Indy took his hat back. When that scene happened, I was seriously screaming internally. Had they actually let Mutt take it, I would have thrashed this movie all kinds of directions, but they didn't. The hint was already bad enough. I hope that they don't make a fifth movie about Mutt. I like Shia LaBeouf and all, but Harrison Ford will always be Indiana Jones.

And, geez, why couldn't the aliens be from outer space after all? Why in another dimension? Gack...
I am reminded of the babe by you.

112 Reviews

Reviews: 112
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:51 pm
-Save-Ferris- says...

I think Harrison Ford looks pretty good for his age :D

I was really surprised by this film, I just went to see it with my friends on a whim 'cause I wanted out the house.

I would recommend it.

It is better to take what does not belong to you than to let it lie around neglected.
— Mark Twain