z

Young Writers Society

Odd Obsessions

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Feb 05, 2005 7:48 am
hawk says...

Sometimes when I'm walking, like in a mall or shopping centre, I count my steps, and when people are watching me from behind I twitch my fingers and curl them. Something really dumb is when I'm running up a steep hill, and I've been runing a good while, I crack my knuckles with the same hand, using my thumbs.

I also am obsessed with Rocky Horror, something about that Dr Frankenfurter.....
"Meanwhile everyone wants to breathe and nobody can; and many say, 'We will breathe later.' And most of them don’t die because they are already dead." -- Graffiti of the events of May, Paris '68

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:40 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

The Young Ones
Adrian Edmondson *sigh*
What do you mean you don't know who Ade Edmondson is?! Here's a link :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/fameacademy/celebr ... rian.shtml

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Tue Mar 08, 2005 9:24 pm
marching_gurl89 says...

Phantom of the opera
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Mar 09, 2005 7:29 am
Tara says...

Sam wrote:Taking stuff apart. You can't lend me a pencil if you want it back in one piece.

Me too, anything that can in any way be dismenbered will be. :twisted:

hawk wrote:I also am obsessed with Rocky Horror, something about that Dr Frankenfurter.....

Hey, someone else on this site HAS heard of RHPS! Visit my LJ and you will see how obsessed I am with it, it's scary.

Dark. I have an extreme obsession with it. Can't stand having the lights on, the big light on my bedroom ceiling is a blacklight. I still have my driving log, looka at it and 90% of the hous are at night. I feel safer walking through the woods in the dark then in brpad daylight.
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

493 Reviews

Reviews: 493
Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:48 pm
Misty says...

I flinch. All the time. And I dart my eyes around a lot when I'm talking.

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:10 pm
Emma says...

I don't really know...

I cant help daydreaming even in an exam. Thats why I get bad marks in my test,
I can't help drawing everywhere I go, I have to leave a little picture or something,
I love bitting off the skin around my nails, oh what fun!
I love playing with people's hair, I think people are getting really annoyed though.. Oh well, I like hair!
I can't help staring, which comes under daydreaming.

I cant be THAT annoying? Can I..... :?:

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:29 pm
Tara says...

daydreaming, ah, there's one. I zone out all the time, without realising. I can ask my da a question, and by the time he's done talking, I realise I only caught the first few words. I do it in class, as well. during math especially. I begin to draw and get lost in it...
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:01 pm
Nai says...

More strange obsessions I have.

-Everyday when I home from school, I purposely mess up my hair.
-Sometimes when i'm walking in a public place and I feel like someone is staring or watching me, I place my left hand on the inside of my right elbow (don't know what the name is for the front side of your elbow that bends inward) and pull my forearm up. Then I only hold it up for a bit and let it back down. Kinda like the other way you can flip someone off without doing the middle finger or doing that stupid scratch under your chin thing...but that's not what i'm intentionally doing.
-I call Rachel every single day when I get home from school and she's not my girlfriend. (not a bad thing by the way)
-Scratching my neck or running my hand through the hair on the back of my head when I don't know what to say to a girl.
-Covering my lower face with my shirt/jacket/coat collar when I yawn.
-And I know this one might gross some people out, alot of times it does when I tell people, but I don't do it anymore. I stopped drinking soda, but when I did, I always made my soda flat before I drank it; unless it was at a resturaunt or in a can.
Last edited by Nai on Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

418 Reviews

Reviews: 418
Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:36 am
electricbluemonkey says...

Talking to myself when doing math, and sometimes even doing hand gestures while doing it (no, not that way you sick, sick perverts...ugh...). WHAT?! *sob* I'm trying to quit! *sob* REALLY! *sob*sob*
Gotta a find a woman be good to me,
Who won't hide my liquor, try to serve me tea.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:40 am
Ego says...

hawk wrote:I crack my knuckles with the same hand, using my thumbs.

Hey, I do that too....

Aniar--you're weird bro. (jk lol)
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 10, 2005 1:59 am
Nai says...

Honestly brother...no offense taken at all...
I know I am.

I'll bet everyone is just backing away from me.. \:D/ (Nai) + :|(everyone) = :cry:(Nai)
Can't help it though, me habits are Odd Obsessions.

And I do the knuckle crack with thumb things too.
::does it right now::

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:09 am
Ego says...

lol, I do that all the tim,e even when I just did it moments before and they won';t pop till later
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:27 am
Sam says...

haha!

EBM...don't worry...you're not the only one.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:54 am
Areida says...

Misty Lynn!! Oh my gosh, you read my mind! You freak! lol..no I'm j/k...but my older sister and I love the Barbie movies! Mostly because they're the most retarded movies in creation, but that's what's awesome about them, right? My little sister got the Rapunzel one for Christmas a couple of years ago and we were forced to watch it. However, it was just too retarded not to love :D . (*whispers* I got the Princess and the Pauper for my 15th birthday and was happy about it :oops: ) But the outtakes on it were hilarious!! It was like they were making fun of themselves!! heh. anyway.

Other odd obsessions:

--I pop my back a lot and my sisters make fun of me for it. Oh, my neck too. *cracks neck* ahh..
--blank notebooks. I just love to go to office supply stores and flip through empty notebooks.
--Okay, I don't know if anyone else does this, but I think it spawns from writing all the time. I narrate my actions in my mind, lol...it's so weird! I won't even realize that I'm doing it and then suddenly I'll figure out that I'm saying in my mind, "Out of breath, she pushed her dark hair away from her face and laughed." Isn't that bizarre?
--I make up stories to go with songs. Or I imagine scenes (like in a movie) where they would play that song.
--Boo, from Monster's Inc. I swear that will be my first child.

Okay, can't really think of anything else, but that'll do fer now. :D
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:58 am
Areida says...

I can't believe I forgot Strong Bad!! Yes, Strong Bad and the other members of homestarrunner.com are my heroes. THEY ROCK!! Okay, if you haven't seen them then go here NOW:

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail84.html

*cracks up just thinking about it* This one is my favourite....
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
— Arthur O'Shaughnessy