z

Young Writers Society

Phantoms

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:48 am
View Likes
bubblewrapped says...

There are lots of ppl online, apparently, but nobody is posting (at least, nowhere I can see). Somebody talk to me! [shakes site] SPEAK!

*ahem*

Anyways, a big hellooooo to everyone. I'm not sure I'm even supposed to really post this so feel free to delete it if you like, Nate, but it IS off-topic so maybe its allowed? Or maybe I should talk about something else...?

OK...

How many people here have seen the movie Phantom of the Opera recently? I just saw it and its awesome (not perfect of course but v. good anyhow). The music! The colours! Hehehe. What did you guys think?
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:50 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

Bonjour.

Haha I feel the opposite. I seem to have just posted loads. I'll talk :D

I haven't seen the film. Isn't my type of thing, but the previews made it look good.

I'm listening to this beautiful Embrace song. And feeling very crazy and off (it's ten to 2 in the morning here hehe). Ahh...
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:53 am
View Likes
Duskglimmer says...

*wanders in* wow... you guys are from the future!! It's still January 7th here!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:19 am
View Likes
Crysi says...

Funny thing, I'm listening to POTO right now. The original london cast, not the movie soundtrack.

I haven't seen the movie yet, only because from the clips I've heard on the site, I can't stand the phantom lol. THEY NEEDED TO USE MICHAEL CRAWFORD!! He was willing to do the part, but noooo, ALW didn't pick him..

My band teacher actually saw the play with MC in it AND got his autograph! *dies*

I've seen the play twice.. omg it's AMAZING. I'm a total Phangirl. ;D
Love and Light

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Jan 09, 2005 8:32 pm
View Likes
Meshugenah says...

you saw it twice! not fair, crysi! i ws just listening to th esoundtrack as well.. ah, lovely. and i head him say that is badn today. he had better bring that in (and make copies.. lol jk jk) but my gosh, i want to see it! (lack of sleep is becoming apparent) and i still need to see teh movie and the play, but i saw the 1925 black and white silent version once. it was very weird.
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:04 pm
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

i soooooooooooooooooooooooooo want to see that movie.i saw the play in chicago and i absoluty loved it.i also got for christmas the orginal london cast recording.
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:32 pm
View Likes
Duskglimmer says...

*jumps up and down* Me wants to see it! Me wants to see it!!!

I'm listening to Music of the Night right now!!!
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:14 pm
View Likes
niteowl says...

I saw it yesterday. I had never seen it before that. Two reasons why I hate my former middle school even more.

1)My friend's middle school, all the 8th grade band and chorus students went to Chigago and saw it. LUCKY!!!!!!!!

2) We were going to sing a POTO medley for the final concert, but some stupid b****es in the alto section were talking when we were listening to it so she stopped it in the middle of "Think of Me" and said "Well obviously you guys don't care about singing it, so we're not going to sing it." CURSE YOU ALTOS!!!!!!!! (okay so some b****es in the soprano section talked too)

Note to self: Must get soundtrack. Although I will not be like some of my friends who started singing something from it in the middle of the restaurant we went to after we saw it.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:54 pm
View Likes
marching_gurl89 says...

tell me how good the movie was.tell meeeeeeeeeeee :!:
~*~Peace, Love, and Protesters~*~
I'm not off beat!I'm marching to the beat of my own drum
I rock my socks
Hippielicious the bold new flavor from caroline
JFK BLOWN AWAY WHAT ELSE DO I HAVE TO SAY!!!!!!!

Why should Caesar just get to stomp around like a giant while the rest of us try not to get smushed under his big feet? Brutus is just as cute as Caesar, right? Brutus is just as smart as Caesar, people totally like Brutus just as much as they like Caesar, and when did it become okay for one person to be the boss of everybody because that's not what Rome is about! We should totally just stab Caesar!
— Gretchen Wieners